The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Russian immigrant in Switzerland trying to make it big

atemerev

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 16, 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
Hello everyone,

My name is Alexander Temerev. For about 10 years, I worked as a financial software engineer; I always wanted to make it big, so about a month ago I launched my own online currency trading platform, EntryForex.com. It is the simplest way to start trading currencies to date: all you need is a Facebook account and $10.

(Additionaly, I am a research intern in Human Brain Project — a massive effort to build a working simulation of human brain).

EntryForex was launched at June 2nd, and I have made around $200 in earnings so far, which I spent on various online marketing strategies. Here is a short recap on what worked and what didn't:

— Announce in my personal blog and social network accounts: worked! In fact, this is the only channel that brought me live customers so far.

— A few articles in ForexMagnates.com, one of the leading industry new sources. Didn't work: I had high hopes, but no clients arrived from there yet.

— Facebook ads: didn't work at all! No users appeared from there. Even no traffic.

— AdWords: didn't work. I got some traffic, but no new live accounts.

— Forum posts: I hired a few contractors on Elance to post announcements in around 50 forums and Facebook groups. Didn't work: got some traffic, but no new live accounts.

What is your experience in marketing your own startup? Could you take a look at EntryForex.com and see what could be improved there? And, if you are into currency trading, feel free to open a live account: you won't lose more than you put there (and you can start with as low as $10), and you can get a feeling what real-time trading looks like and whether you can earn something there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
I would suggest to make a landing page for new visitors. Maybe a video atleast. so user knows how to navigate around website and use it. I would probably close it immediately if i came from the ad to the website you currently have even though it is simple when you play around with it. Just a thought.

atemerev

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 16, 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
I think you are right. I always have been a strong believer in lowering the entry barriers for everyone, but perhaps people need some place to prepare first, and looking at the unknown brings them worries.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...