The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new prospecting, lead generation and outreach tool idea for Twitter

Idea threads
G

GuestA4319

Hey guys,

Recently I used Twitter to find leads(emails) for a new agency that I started with great success . Here's the method:

1) I go to competitor twitter accounts
2) I look on their following/followers and follow the ones that are potential clients. I also like or retweet something from their accounts, to make sure they "see" me.
3) After I follow I'm using google and tools like Rapportive to find their email address(business email account not the general info@ or contact@)
4) 2-3 days after I send a warm email if the user follows back. It works if they don't follow back as well, but not as great.

I got very nice responses since I'm not borderline spamming people like sales guys do when they prospect in Linkedin and send cold emails. Most people with normal, not automated, twitter accounts see my name and I also state that in the email I send(that I followed them on Twitter).
Everything is much warmer and I get better conversion rates.

Now the problem in this approach is that it requires a lot of time filtering out spammers and bad accounts and also to find the email address.

To solve this issue I built an app in Ruby On Rails that works like this:
1) You add a few twitter profiles
2) You add some keywords to filter by (I use ceo, entrepreneur, founder, etc)
3) The tool will analyze the profiles and fetch followers/following with those keywords in profile and filters out spam accounts(by an algorithm I built)
4) When you click "Find email" the tool tries to guess the email address of the prospect the same way LinkedIn tools do. Note that this works only if the twitter profile has a website associated(but most influencers and decision makers do anyway)
5) If the email is not found, you can still find all the public emails associated to the domain name (like contact@, hello@)

This method works very well to find influencers, affiliates, leads, etc

The tool is 50% built since I'm using it myself, but I want to know if there are any guys here there are interested in a tool like this. If yes, I could try to make it public.

Here are some screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ya67ur43whqbk9x/AABFz7SRNdwSQVWQ8sk-0TDba?dl=0

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.