The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new plan?

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
My biggest problem is focusing on one plan, so every few weeks I come up with something new, better or easier to do (I think it is so).

I think the problem lies in my previous mistakes and goofs, and that because of them I have a big fear of failure. As time passes, that fear is more and more pronounced.

And now the time has come when I have no more time (and money) and I decided to start with this:

Don't know how to call this biz model, but I think it's some kind of Joint Venture.

For this business I have all that I need and this business should feel the needs of many peoples. Idea comes to me from lots of regular people who work for salary.

Well, I don't have any product or service to sell them, so I thought why couldn't sell them things or services from other companies that have it.

Example:

I go to some new car dealer (let it be Ford) and ask them if they want marketing for their vehicles and pay me per action, when the vehicle is sold. If they agree, I tell them that all that they have to do is give me 10% discount.

Then goes to the unions of large companies and government agencies and offer them 5% discount on new vehicles for their employees. If they agree, I keep 5% of each vehicle that is sold to their employees.

1. Car dealer get better sales with no extra marketing costs
2. I get 5% for joining them together
3. Employees get 5% discount

For example, just Police Union have approximately 10.000 employees as their members, and every one of them will know that they have discount on new Ford vehicles. Not all of them are in union because they need to pay some small amount for membership. Union gets more members with this action and more credibility by their members. Ford gets exclusive contract and only ford is on discount list in this union. I think all of them will be happy.

Further more, I create web site for union members for free, where they can write reviews and create some kind of a "wish list" - where they can say where they want some discount or some service. Also this web site will be some kind of free advertising place for companies that have contract with me.

Numbers:

Average price of a new Ford - $16.000
My part (5%) - $800
1/mo. = $800
10/mo. = $8.000
100/mo. = $80.000

Business start: 01.10.2009. ....I'll post business progress here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
My biggest problem is focusing on one plan, so every few weeks I come up with something new, better or easier to do (I think it is so).

I'm not going to speculate on whether or not that is a viable business plan because quite frankly, I have no experience in something like that. What I will do however, is give you two fantastic threads to read over.

If you are jumping from one plan to another every few weeks, you haven't laid out a plan and figured out the best vehicle to get you there. It sounds like you're chasing money without a roadmap to work off of. Its great that you are coming up with new ideas all the time, that's fantastic. What I would focus on more is a solid plan to guide your future, and from this plan you figure out the vehicle that suits you best to get there. It may be e-commerce, real estate, joint venture auto industry deals, or many others. Just figure it all out before you go gung-ho pursuing it.. it'll save you time and energy in the long run.

Read this first: http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/544-how-develop-your-plan.html

And then this: http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/523-one-trick-pony.html

I hope this helps.. I'm sure other people will be able to comment on whether or not your business plan is viable. Good luck!

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
First job done.

I get inspired while I was buying my Alfa 147 last week.

I bought it from the leasing company that it took from someone who didn't pay rate.

So there were one more Alfa Romeo 159 and I ask banker how much must I pay to get that car. He calculate in minute - $10.000, then I've search the used car market and find out real price of the car, and it was - $17.000.

Next:

I called used car dealers and ask them if they want to buy this car for $12.000. First two said me no, so I lowered the price to $11.000 and again nothing. Then $10.500, you guessed it, again nothing.

Then I change my mindset. They need this car and I offer them opportunity to make $5k profit. Am I stupid or what?

Price is again $12k. First one nothing, but second - Yes! we need this car and we already have a buyer for it . Price is ok, when I can see the car and buy it? Men asked me.

I explained the situation with the bank and I asked him will he pay me commission $2000 to pay for my service and get car for $10k + $2k. Then he answered: When I can take the car? My customer is waiting.

Next morning (yesterday) everything was finished.

Bank has got its money, I got 2k profit and car dealer has earned his part.

So this is what I have learn:

I don't sell anything, I am link between supply and demand. I connect people to things and services that they want. I'm just a bridge between them and I have tollbooth at my bridge, people pay me toll and move along. If they need to get to other side, they will pay me my toll :)

Lowering price or do something more to attract buyer will do nothing in this case.

In this case, bank need the money and car dealer need a good car under sale price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.