The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A little about me and why I'm here

Lauryn Donald

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 30, 2019
Hello everyone, I am not really sure how to introduce myself or where to start, however here goes nothing. My name is Lauryn and I am currently in college, I am a sophomore and just recently changed my major from chemistry pre-med to Economics. Coming into college I thought I had everything figured out I convinced myself I wouldn't change majors, and I've been wanting to be a doctor since I was a child so I felt sure of my future. Recently, actually the beginning of January I got back into reading, because I dropped my phone into water which felt like the worst thing in the world. I had to find a way to make up my time so I started back reading, I am currently reading the millionaire Fast lane which is the reason I joined the forum. The best thing that happened to me was dropping my phone in water, I've been without one for a month and my perspective of everything, my life, what I want, etc., is completely different. I changed majors because I realized I was pursuing a career as a doctor for the money I actually convinced myself I could save and become rich by going into one of the highest paying professions, I wanted to be a neurosurgeon specifically because it’s one of the top surgeons. Reading this book, I actually laugh at myself for thinking I would be able to get rich that way, anyways I switched to economics not because I want to pursue anything with the degree, but because it seemed most logical. I can learn as much about the market as I can and I am receiving aid to pay for school and housing so I'm going to take advantage of that while I am here. DeMarco has really opened my eyes to how I was living I kept wanting change and I’d say every time "this year will be different," but I was still doing the same exact things as I was doing in the past, so how could the year be any different than before? Getting back into reading has opened my mind so much I now have a few ideas about what I’d like to pursue, and I'm working on networking more. The reason I decided to introduce myself tonight is because it feels impossible to be understood at a school where everyone is focused on getting a job, or when you talk to someone about your goals they seem too big and make you feel as though you're reaching too high. I had an assignment where my teacher asked for our 5, 10, and 20 year goals and for one of my five I said I want to earn my first million. I could tell she was just like I am reaching way too high and she said to me "maybe you should put some of your five year under your 10 year goals because It’s too much you want in such short time." I'm just thinking to myself, really 5 years is a long time it’s just how you choose to spend your time, I already know how I am spending mine, I plan to grind and work hard these five years so I don't have to work so much in ten. She didn't understand and I didn't expect her to, my point is that is how a lot of people here think and I just needed an escape. So I came to the library and decided I was going to interact with individuals who dream big and achieve even bigger, people who aren't interested in a job, I want to learn from everyone on here and I know I will do just that. The conversations I've read are exactly what I've been wanting and missing, so I'm glad I finally took the time to say hello!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...