The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Fastlane Idea

Idea threads

Snooken

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 24, 2022
FASTLANE IDEA

I have an idea of a bussniess concept to reach finacial freedom. If you have any inputs, tips or whatever that could help me with the execution of this idea you are more than welcome to share it:)

There are today plenty of problems with a house. Pipes that doesn’t work, water leaks etc. It is also very expensive to have companies to fix these things for you.

My idea is about roofs. Today roofs can have huge problems that if they won’t be fixed today, it can cost up to 5000$ to have a company to repair it. Because of the fact that a roof is located on the top of a house (obviously) problems with it is very hard to detect before it is to late.

But I have a idea/concept about how you can solve this and also make a ton of money out of it. I will now present it for you:)

So, step number one is to get a drone flying license. It seems to be a quick course and some sort of non complicated test to receive that. The goal is just to be able to handle a drone.

Step number two is to take as an example 200$ from a costumer for flying the drone over the costumers house. Then you will look at the video from the drone and see if you can detect any problems or upcoming problems with the roof. If no, you have earned 200$ for finding that out for the costumer. If yes (you find a problem with the roof), you can offer a roof fixing company the customer for an amount of money. In that way you can earn the 200$ for checking the roof, and also money for giving the custumer to a specific roof fixing company.

If you have any thougts, tips or questions you can just share them with me and we can discuss it here or email me at joelnilsson02@outlook.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MrE

Be. Create. Repeat.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 26, 2021
Colorado
Pardon my ignorance with roofs.....
Do roofing companies offer this service now?
Are there roof issues that can only be detected by looking from the inside (the attic)? To me, the 'roof' is the inside and outside.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
I think you need to understand roofing better first.

Here's an idea of what you should be looking at inside roofing:

• What problems arise with roofs often?
  • What kind of roofs have these problems?
  • Is it worth fixing?
  • Would the market pay for inspections? Maybe annual inspections?
Drones are cool and all but real roofers can be ontop of a roof in 5 minutes or less with a ladder.

Have you read any of MJ's business books? I'd recommend them.

Snooken

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 24, 2022
I think you need to understand roofing better first.

Here's an idea of what you should be looking at inside roofing:

• What problems arise with roofs often?
  • What kind of roofs have these problems?
  • Is it worth fixing?
  • Would the market pay for inspections? Maybe annual inspections?
Drones are cool and all but real roofers can be ontop of a roof in 5 minutes or less with a ladder.

Have you read any of MJ's business books? I'd recommend them.
Thank you for your feedback,

Yes, I have read MJ Demarcos book about Fastlane and I am really fascinated by the concept. At the moment I am a student that studies bussniess and economics in Sweden and when I am done with that I really want to give fastlane a go. I do not know that much about roofs and haven’t studied the market. I came up with the idea with a friend as a way to run a fastlane business. I am just brainstorming concepts that could work.

If you have ever tried to start and run a fastlane busniess, do you have any advice that can be helpfull before going into it? If there are something you wished you had known etc. then I am very interested to hear that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Snooken

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 24, 2022
Pardon my ignorance with roofs.....
Do roofing companies offer this service now?
Are there roof issues that can only be detected by looking from the inside (the attic)? To me, the 'roof' is the inside and outside.
Yes, that might be true. I’m not that into roofs and haven’t really studied it yet. I just like the concept of the business.

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011
I recently had (half) of my roof replaced (prior to putting solar on). At least one of the guys who inspected it used a drone to do so. If you're thinking of it as preventative care, you might be better off rolling this into another service, or offering it for free with the model being on advertising.

What I mean by "as another service": offer it to home warranty companies, or home inspection companies. Then it's business-to-business, and they are effectively outsourcing this single, specialized task to you. This will help with the issue of SCALE, since most people don't need roof inspections every month, so having a wide reach might help.

What I mean by "offering it free": put out fliers on individual doors asking if they're interested in a free roof survey. Be sure to use good illustration, whatever legalese you need (esp. if you're going to do future marketing, or own the data yourself), and a clear offer of WHY they should opt-in (ex: will send you a link to your photos). Ask "do we have your permission? sign, email for photos" in the flier. Then you can either get a kick-back for anyone looking for roof repair, sell the data to roofing companies, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.