The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A day at work

D

Deleted50669

I arrive to work at 8:02 AM. The VP gives me the stink eye for being two minutes late. I get to my desk and check my overflowing stream of emails. As I read I listen to the sound of the guy in the cubicle next door plan an affair with a coworker; consumerism at its finest. Behind me, an autistic Asian woman phones a member, asking for overdue payment on delinquent credit accounts. My blood begins to boil. It used to boil with hatred and resentment. It now boils with excitement to tell these sorry mother F*ckers sayonara. I envision the feeling of my next sale. I live in this feeling - it gives me hope. The vision of injecting value into someone's life, their face lighting up with relief and happiness as they trade their money for my solution. If I had a tail it'd be wagging. "MR. JONES, ACCOUNT IS 180 DAYS PAST DUE. YOU MUST PAY NOW." I think about the excitement of building a brand, and talking to customers to continue improving it. The thought of being someone's hero gives me more focus than aderrall. My screen flashes, a manager asks if I have any time to help with an issue that came up this morning. "Of course!". Helping is a habit. 8:07.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welp, this riled me up a bit...

As I read I listen to the sound of the guy in the cubicle next door plan an affair with a coworker;
This is a major reason why I'd hate my girl to stay in the Slowlane.

Not the affair part. But she'd meet with a lot of nefarious toxic people. Makes my blood boil to think that anyone one of them should think of going close to her. At least, on a Fastlane paradigm, we can filter everyone out very quickly to meet UNSCRIPTION.

On the other hand, work places are for work. Can't anyone understand that?
Just do the job well, and stop thinking about making your balls feel good!

I arrive to work at 8:02 AM. The VP gives me the stink eye for being two minutes late. I get to my desk and check my overflowing stream of emails. As I read I listen to the sound of the guy in the cubicle next door plan an affair with a coworker; consumerism at its finest. Behind me, an autistic Asian woman phones a member, asking for overdue payment on delinquent credit accounts. My blood begins to boil. It used to boil with hatred and resentment. It now boils with excitement to tell these sorry mother f*ckers sayonara. I envision the feeling of my next sale. I live in this feeling - it gives me hope. The vision of injecting value into someone's life, their face lighting up with relief and happiness as they trade their money for my solution. If I had a tail it'd be wagging. "MR. JONES, ACCOUNT IS 180 DAYS PAST DUE. YOU MUST PAY NOW." I think about the excitement of building a brand, and talking to customers to continue improving it. The thought of being someone's hero gives me more focus than aderrall. My screen flashes, a manager asks if I have any time to help with an issue that came up this morning. "Of course!". Helping is a habit. 8:07.
I know that feeling of excitement that makes you want to run back to the Fastlane work again and again.

Today I realised that I just created material for a recent Upwork gig that the biz owner will use for YEARS, and probably will upgrade it to make even more money later on.

And it was in the education field as well.

Kids would learn from the material I helped create. The games that I planned and discussed.

Does my heart good to know that the impact we leave goes beyond monetary.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
As I read I listen to the sound of the guy in the cubicle next door plan an affair with a coworker
giphy.gif

is4r9u.gif

20f2x4.gif

WelloffInsistentCoati-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content