The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Canadian who's WANTING to HELP!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hello Everyone,

I just got back home from my workout. While I was at the gym, I thought to myself that maybe this idea that was bouncing within my head could be helpful to someone on this forum. I don't have that many skill sets that I could provide, but I figure this would be an excellent way for me to help some incredible people and possibly learn a thing or two. I honestly don't care what it is, even if it typing things out. I just want to help anyone here and give some value. I'm learning to shift my mindset. If you feel like this could benefit you, then please feel free and send me PM. I'm not sure how others will react to this on the forum, but I hope you can provide me with some positive criticism if this doesn't appeal to you. I Look forward to meeting some great people!

Thanks all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Hello Everyone,

I just got back home from my workout. While I was at the gym, I thought to myself that maybe this idea that was bouncing within my head could be helpful to someone on this forum. I don't have that many skill sets that I could provide, but I figure this would be an excellent way for me to help some incredible people and possibly learn a thing or two. I honestly don't care what it is, even if it typing things out. I just want to help anyone here and give some value. I'm learning to shift my mindset. If you feel like this could benefit you, then please feel free and send me PM. I'm not sure how others will react to this on the forum, but I hope you can provide me with some positive criticism if this doesn't appeal to you. I Look forward to meeting some great people!

Thanks all!

What idea was bouncing within your head?

Nobody can ask for meaningful help when you plainly say that you have no skill sets... Rather the problem is not your lack of skill but your perspective. How about framing it as such:

"I'm not the best at 'x' but have been working on improving and would like to practice while also helping someone here. So if you need help with 'x' let me know and I'd love to see what I could do for you."

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
What idea was bouncing within your head?

Nobody can ask for meaningful help when you plainly say that you have no skill sets... Rather the problem is not your lack of skill but your perspective. How about framing it as such:

"I'm not the best at 'x' but have been working on improving and would like to practice while also helping someone here. So if you need help with 'x' let me know and I'd love to see what I could do for you."

Thanks for your response, you're absolutely right! I should have provided some sort of explanation like you have mentioned. In all honesty, I don't have a skill set. I guess you're right though. It looks like I should be hitting up some Udemy on some subject that can provide value to others. I just thought that maybe someone would have some tedious task they wouldn't want to pay someone else to do for them. Silly of me though. Appreciate your feedback brother.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I mean you can help me scrape emails and make cold calls if you want ;)

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
I'm a fellow Ontarian (bouncing between Toronto and London). My days are filled with operating two technology companies. One is in its infancy and needs special attention. I am more than thrilled to help someone drive towards their objectives though.

What's your goal?
Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
Which skills do you need to develop to get you there?

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Hello Everyone,

Thanks all!
I may be naive in thinking this, but I do believe the majority of people in this world have something that they are better than average at. You don't have to be the best of the best, just better than the average. It might not be MJ's level of value...but if you can think of one area you are better than average, it is likely that you have some value you can provide to others.

Start by trying to think of areas where you think you are more knowledgeable or more naturally talented than the average person and go from there. You are likely too hard on yourself if you can't come up with one area.

If what you come up with doesn't interest you enough, then think of areas where you want to be better than most people. Be specific, and start focusing on that one specific area.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're selling yourself short.

When I joined this forum I had zero business experience outside of a useless piece of paper from a business college.

So rather than give business advice, I gave advice on the things that I did know: Sales, psychology, critical thinking, problem solving, attitude, personal development, etc...

As I contributed, I also learned more about the subjects of the threads I contributed into.

Everyone knows something that's worth sharing. Identify what you're pretty darn good at and find places to share that knowledge. It will be appreciated and reciprocated and over time you'll grow and learn.

If you just want small tasks to do I'd consider upwork or any number of other freelance networks. You'll work with lots of successful folks and you'll get paid for it and build your skillset at the same time.

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada

When I joined this forum I had zero business experience outside of a useless piece of paper from a business college.

So rather than give business advice, I gave advice on the things that I did know: Sales, psychology, critical thinking, problem solving, attitude, personal development, etc...

As I contributed, I also learned more about the subjects of the threads I contributed into.

Everyone knows something that's worth sharing. Identify what you're pretty darn good at and find places to share that knowledge. It will be appreciated and reciprocated and over time you'll grow and learn.

If you just want small tasks to do I'd consider upwork or any number of other freelance networks. You'll work with lots of successful folks and you'll get paid for it and build your skillset at the same time.

Thanks @JAJT
I'm a fellow Ontarian (bouncing between Toronto and London). My days are filled with operating two technology companies. One is in its infancy and needs special attention. I am more than thrilled to help someone drive towards their objectives though.

What's your goal?
Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
Which skills do you need to develop to get you there?

Thanks for taking your time to read my post @fvcorp. I work in healthcare and my skills are limited to what I do at the hospital. My main goal is to get myself out of the healthcare industry and work for myself. In order to do that, I need to develop a new skill that can help me achieve my goal. I'm looking into how to become a digital marketer (without a degree). I've been surfing the net and trying to find a course (that is legit), books, and other similar material that can help me out at.

In 5-10 years from now I would love to be providing my services to businesses and individuals that lack expertise in marketing.

My writing skills aren't the greatest, and that's my personal opinion. That being said, I would need to establish my writing skills by learning how to write copy and blogs that can grab an audience's attention. I would then dive into the digital marketing aspect of things.

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada

@JAJT, you're right. I am selling myself short and that's likely a result of me lacking in experience. I'll be looking into digital marketing and learning how to write copy and blogs - hopefully compelling content that can attract an audience.

I'm at a turning point in my life right now (mindset shift), I've been a slowlaner my entire life. So, I think I'm still learning things about myself and trying to "figure" it out. I have a huge problem focusing on ONE thing. It took me some time to realize this, but I'm glad I did. I also get distracted a lot, so I'm working learning how to fix that problem as well.

You have made great points. Thanks for reaching out man, it helps me out and makes me realize things that I had not before.

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I may be naive in thinking this, but I do believe the majority of people in this world have something that they are better than average at. You don't have to be the best of the best, just better than the average. It might not be MJ's level of value...but if you can think of one area you are better than average, it is likely that you have some value you can provide to others.

Start by trying to think of areas where you think you are more knowledgeable or more naturally talented than the average person and go from there. You are likely too hard on yourself if you can't come up with one area.

If what you come up with doesn't interest you enough, then think of areas where you want to be better than most people. Be specific, and start focusing on that one specific area.

@JM35 Thanks for your well rounded response. I might be naïve as well than, but I think you make a great point. This will require high quality espresso and a notebook for brainstorming. Thanks for the tips my friend. Cheers!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
(edit: I'm an idiot)

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hahaha, I thought I was in a different thread.

Serves me right for trying to type quickly while doing 3 things at once. My bad!

:p

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hahaha, I thought I was in a different thread.

Serves me right for trying to type quickly while doing 3 things at once. My bad!

:p

Lol, no worries brother, we all make that mistake haha.

greenGabbard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 13, 2017
Fresno, Ca
So why not stay in the field and find the inefficiencies, i.e. software, equipment improvements, stream-lining processes, etc.
The health industry is huge (billions?!?!? Not sure), all that would be needed is to fix a small portion of all the inefficiencies in the field and you will have "impacted millions" as MJ's. And your onto a fast lane for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri

@JAJT You really are one of the most positive people on this forum. I absolutely love that. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.