The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
update.

I finally finished the new website.

www.IWEAR8.com

kinda had to. after that douche bag copied my site.
Looks great, @Vick! The new design is simple and straight-to-the-point, something more manufacturer's and retailers should do! Thankfully, short-cutter's are often outdone and prompt their targets to further outdo them.

Only 1 issue I'm noticing with the new design--and I'm not sure if it's only me--is when I click "shop now" on the home page, it just keeps me in a loop (on the home page). Just a head's up. Other than that, everything works great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Looks great, @Vick! The new design is simple and straight-to-the-point, something more manufacturer's and retailers should do! Thankfully, short-cutter's are often outdone and prompt their targets to further outdo them.

Only 1 issue I'm noticing with the new design--and I'm not sure if it's only me--is when I click "shop now" on the home page, it just keeps me in a loop (on the home page). Just a head's up. Other than that, everything works great.

hmmm works fine on my end. the link should go to the V.1 collection

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I appreciate all the comments on the website.

our website needed an update anyway. I didn't change it solely because of that F*ck face.

I like to update the site at least once a year. keep things fresh.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
hmmm works fine on my end. the link should go to the V.1 collection
Yeah, works fine in my mobile. Huh, maybe my browser was goofing. Woops! Sorry about that.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I do like the simple layout, however, I do also miss the images that set the luxury tone for your brand. Keep up the good work and happy selling!

the images are there. you can flip through them at the bottom right, or they rotate every 4 sec

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I added a 3D viewer to the website

I have a quick link on the matte black page, see below

http://iwear8.com/collections/v1-collection/products/stealth-matte-black-v-1-polarized

Click 3D Model Viewer

Should work, however it does have to load the model for a few seconds. If your on your phone, finger rotates, 2 finger pinch zooms, and 3 fingers move the model. For desktop users, click and hold mouse buttons to rotate, scale and move the model

I cant setup the model to look like all the colors yet. for now its just a nice view of the V.1 model in 3D space.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
As you sell mostly through your IG profile, I'm curious how your mobile/tablet/desktop conversion/revenue stats look in your shop. Whats the rough % of revenue per device type for you?

I'm trying to understand how the IG users think and act. Do they open the profile link? Do they see you on IG and then google you or type in the url directly? You dont seem to use shortlinks to track individual images etc.

Maybe you can shed some light on it with your site's analytics. Not in absolute numbers of course, just interested how it roughly spreads out in %.

Thanks!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I added a 3D viewer to the website

I have a quick link on the matte black page, see below

http://iwear8.com/collections/v1-collection/products/stealth-matte-black-v-1-polarized

Click 3D Model Viewer

Should work, however it does have to load the model for a few seconds. If your on your phone, finger rotates, 2 finger pinch zooms, and 3 fingers move the model. For desktop users, click and hold mouse buttons to rotate, scale and move the model

I cant setup the model to look like all the colors yet. for now its just a nice view of the V.1 model in 3D space.

Love it! Makes the buying decision a lot easier for customers in my opinion.

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
the images are there. you can flip through them at the bottom right, or they rotate every 4 sec

I must be missing them somehow. All I see on the homepage is the left hand side menu, and a large picture of the blue/black glasses with a shop now button.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I must be missing them somehow. All I see on the homepage is the left hand side menu, and a large picture of the blue/black glasses with a shop now button.

Ya the Homepage only has that. The product pages have all the images.

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Ya the Homepage only has that. The product pages have all the images.

I was referring to the images that set the 'luxury' tone for the brand, such as the one with the ferrari and I think there were a few others.

As a heads up - I'm on my laptop now and I am also experiencing the endless loop from the "Shop Now" button on the home page. It worked properly from my desktop, so I'm not sure what's happening there. If I use the left hand nav bar it works fine. When I hover over both links they point to the exact same URL so it doesn't make any sens to me.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I was referring to the images that set the 'luxury' tone for the brand, such as the one with the ferrari and I think there were a few others.

As a heads up - I'm on my laptop now and I am also experiencing the endless loop from the "Shop Now" button on the home page. It worked properly from my desktop, so I'm not sure what's happening there. If I use the left hand nav bar it works fine. When I hover over both links they point to the exact same URL so it doesn't make any sens to me.

Ya not sure what that is. Small bug maybe. My analytics tells me that all my traffic is finding the Collection page ok. But I'll message the developers and see what's up.
The images you were talking about was the banners and Instagram photos. I might add those again.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
As you sell mostly through your IG profile, I'm curious how your mobile/tablet/desktop conversion/revenue stats look in your shop. Whats the rough % of revenue per device type for you?

I'm trying to understand how the IG users think and act. Do they open the profile link? Do they see you on IG and then google you or type in the url directly? You dont seem to use shortlinks to track individual images etc.

Maybe you can shed some light on it with your site's analytics. Not in absolute numbers of course, just interested how it roughly spreads out in %.

Thanks!

Hey sorry bud. Missed your message.
Not sure of the % of mobile conversions. My guess is its over 50%, my wife knows the number she said it was high.
Most visits from IG are from people clicking the link in my Bio. Unfortunately IG does not put links on individuals images, at least not click-able links.
My analytics says that most conversions come from Direct visits or Google. Which tells me they see our product on IG or FB, come to website, wait a few days or week to think it over, then they search us on Google or type iwear8.com, then buy right away. I also get alot of conversions from Retarget ads on FB.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Bumblebee Tuna to you Vick. You've done an awesome job and I'll be keeping up with this.

Hopefully you will be able to finally start your pet detective business on the side ;)

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
@Vick What is your conversion rate? I heard average in e-commerce is 2 -3%. However, I wonder if it is lower for products that are more expensive (over $150)?

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
Just a heads up I am also having issues with the site. The home page would not load at all except for the left half of the page with logo, clicked sunglasses and got a 404 error then when I clicked gallery and went back to the homepage everything seemed to be working.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
update.

Apologies for being scarce my friends. Alot has been going on.

Anyway, I got sales back up. Waaaay up.

Our sales have gone through the roof over the past month, strictly from using Facebook. The other day $5k converted just from FB alone. After 1.5 years of dabbling with Facebook, I finally figured out a nice ad flow that works great... for me

Got a few pairs up on Amazon. Decided to give Amazon a try again. So far not much Revenue from there, I get the odd 1 every now and then.

New inventory and CAMO lineup for V.1 model will be here around June. Just placed a large order.

VX model should be out around July or August. Like usual, there was a lot of back and forth's with this model, changes to be made, etc etc. Much more complicated then the V.1 and much more expensive mold wise. Because of the Rubber and the Double injection molds we'll need. But I must say, it is looking awesome, very proud of this next model.

Instagram hasn't been converting lately so I took that Ad expense down drastically, I may even take a break from it for awhile and focus on FB, which is converting like crazy.

Wayfarer design (VR model) is almost complete, that will go into production within the coming months. And then after that, an Aviator will go into production next. Then another Sport model after that. then who knows.

We picked up about 5-6 retailers over the past couple months. So that seems to be growing as well.

Not much else to say.

Oh, my "company" car purchase will be a reality soon. Another goal crossed off the list :) so pretty excited about that.

oh 1 more thing. I hate the winter.

Peace :rockon:

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
Awesome update Vick! I always have a deeper love for Canadian progress threads (I'm in T.O too) - which is quite rare.

One question, how are your positioning your company car purchase? I know Canadian laws for this type of stuff is much more "strict" and from what my accountant has told me, it's not as easy as doing it in the US. They look at how many cars you personally have and ask for mileage logs when you expense a company car, unless you are plastering it with advertising wrap and doing photoshoots etc.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Our sales have gone through the roof over the past month, strictly from using Facebook. The other day $5k converted just from FB alone. After 1.5 years of dabbling with Facebook, I finally figured out a nice ad flow that works great... for me

Love your process man. I saw @biophase 's car and sunglasses in person. The glasses look good man. I'm going to have to buy a pair.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Awesome update Vick! I always have a deeper love for Canadian progress threads (I'm in T.O too) - which is quite rare.

One question, how are your positioning your company car purchase? I know Canadian laws for this type of stuff is much more "strict" and from what my accountant has told me, it's not as easy as doing it in the US. They look at how many cars you personally have and ask for mileage logs when you expense a company car, unless you are plastering it with advertising wrap and doing photoshoots etc.

My accountant had told me I can write off 40k for a company car purchase. The rest is out of my pocket.

Yes. I will be advertising with it. License plate. Possible wrap or magnetic decals. Pics for ads. Etc.

As long as your advertising. It's an expense. But only 40k can be written off.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I've been really inspired by your progress from the very beginning. If you can do it, anyone can do it if they work hard enough. Congratulations!

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Would love to have bought a pair by now

But I have a Greek nose so I can never find a pair of fitting glasses nor sun glasses

Knowing that I am positive your sun glasses would not fit me sadly

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I've been really inspired by your progress from the very beginning. If you can do it, anyone can do it if they work hard enough. Congratulations!

Thanks bud.

It is hard. But if you want it bad enough. It will happen.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Thanks bud.

I find it very refreshing that you're killing it OUTSIDE of Amazon. Just goes to show that not all roads are paved with AMZ gold.

Awesome progress dude.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel

Thanks for the update, Vick - and big congrats on your persistence and success.

I think you started this thread just before I joined the forum! It's like watching a classmate succeed - you keep rooting for him and motivating yourself at the same time.

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota

That is AWESOME! I've been working on improving my website sales via FB ads (until recently, 95% of my sales have come from Amazon). Any further details on your FB Advertising breakthrough would be much appreciated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.