The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
thank you. :coolgleamA:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Who did your photography? I love the pics.

Have you thought about some avaitors? :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
more orders today.

no advertising.

people are starting to find us.

oh.

and I'm quitting my job in January.

Kick a$$.

While your website is UC, you might want to put a link to your FB page on there, or try to capture emails. Having a launch list can help you sell out with one email blast.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
the photos are Digital renders.

yes, avy's are on the list for future designs.

I've heard that its a bad idea to use anything other than real pics of the product for pre-orders. The reasoning is that the final product may be slightly different than what the customer thinks they are getting.

If you are 100% sure that these renderings are accurate, you'll probably be ok.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
ran a test today on Facebook. wanted to see if people were really gonna open there wallet. Boosted 1 of our posts showing all 8 Colors > https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.174101396113924.1073741832.170902183100512&type=1&l=df6d425c79 and ran a Promote page Ad for Likes cost me about 50$ 8 people reserved a pair wanting to buy them now, and a few others asking when they can buy them. anyway, if our glasses were ready, we would've sold 960$ worth, with barely any advertising costs. Got a lot of Likes too crazy.

Hit Facebook ads and target NASCAR and Oakley brand interests... Seems like s strong correlation. Car enthusiasts for sure... Also, beyond USA over to Italy, Germany, France... High performance and racer type will latch on to it. Price increase for all post launch sales... You've already proven a huge ROI on minimal advertising investment.

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Most of them wanted to buy now. Actually almost all of them. I'm gonna setup a Pre-Order website as soon as possible. But I need confirmation on a few things from my manufacturer before proceeding. I don't want to take peoples money until I'm sure our product will be developed the way I intended. And the way I have been presenting it. There's no rush. I should find out this week.

Lots of prelaunch sites do this... Take the CC info, ready for a charge, but won't actually charge against card until it ships. Totally acceptable approach nowadays.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Take the credit card info!!!!!!!! :D

In fact, I would charge deposits. $40 or so. All of these pre orders will help with set up costs and speeding up delivery.

Freaking awesome!

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Lots of prelaunch sites do this... Take the CC info, ready for a charge, but won't actually charge against card until it ships. Totally acceptable approach nowadays.
I do this. Authroize the card and charge once we ship the item.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just want to know if there is a real hard reason not to start charging them. I only see positives.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Still awaiting on confirmation that the colors can be made the way I designed them. For example, the colors on the arms might need to be done a certain way to produce them, i.e. Double Injection, which might result in heavy costs or changes to be made. Idk the manufacturing process that well, and I was told before that it's difficult to produce 2 colors in 1 mold. I might have to change things slightly.

Again, I don't really know all the details yet. So I don't want to rush into Paid orders until I'm sure they can be made the way I presented them.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Definitely makes sense. Maybe only release the possible models for preorder then.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
ya. that's a thought too.

But I've only gotten confirmation on 2, the Matte Black, and Matte White ones.

I'll wait it out until next week. 1 week won't matter to much.

I've already proven they will sell.

So I think waiting a few more days won't hurt.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
So I was really thinking about these while I was driving today. I think your product is great, and I am super excited for you.

What are your plans for potential distribution channels, are you only going to sell online?

For some reason, I just can't quit thinking that these things ought to be sold in jewelry stores, next to the watches. I used to work for a huge wholesale jewelry company, and you would be surprised at the amount of gift items jewelry stores sell. I am talking music boxes, cigar humidors, novelty coolers, all sorts of random stuff.

If you could get Eight into the hands of some big jewelry wholesalers like the people I used to work for, you would have thousands of jewelry stores looking at your product. I feel like its a potential blue ocean, I have NEVER seen sunglasses in a jewelry store display and I think it just makes sense.

Just something to think about. Once you get your product, if you are interested, let me know and I might be able to help you.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
The Authorizations tend to drop off after a month...so if you aren't ready to ship in a month, no point in even authorizing the credit card.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
thanks!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
Probably a little code but shouldnt be too much problem. I'm gonna have some free time soon - so if your interested I could probably spare an hour or two of my time to help set it up ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.