The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
ran a test today on Facebook. wanted to see if people were really gonna open there wallet.

Boosted 1 of our posts showing all 8 Colors > https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741832.170902183100512&type=1&l=df6d425c79

and ran a Promote page Ad for Likes

cost me about 50$

8 people reserved a pair wanting to buy them now, and a few others asking when they can buy them.

anyway, if our glasses were ready, we would've sold 960$ worth, with barely any advertising costs. Got a lot of Likes too

crazy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
When you launch, you should have a high quality HD video produced showing it in action on actual people's faces. Hosted on Youtube and Vimeo. Both genders too, people can't really try them on so they at least need to see how they fit on different people's faces. Good work so far.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
ran a test today on Facebook. wanted to see if people were really gonna open there wallet.

Boosted 1 of our posts showing all 8 Colors > https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741832.170902183100512&type=1&l=df6d425c79

and ran a Promote page Ad for Likes

cost me about 50$

8 people reserved a pair wanting to buy them now, and a few others asking when they can buy them.

anyway, if our glasses were ready, we would've sold 960$ worth, with barely any advertising costs. Got a lot of Likes too

crazy.

Awesome! Interesting as I plan to wait to boost until I can accept preorders also. Very nice!

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Who did you set you niche to on your FB ads? When we did our mobile app, we made different campaigns to different niche's to see who would click through and install the most. You should try that.

1 campaign to people who have liked Oakley, Audi, Lamborghini age 18-40
1 campaign to men who like flyfishing, construction, etc.
1 campaign for people who like cycling, outdoors, etc.

Just run a few to see specifically who you can target. One thing we noticed is that with FB, you can really zero in on your niche and really specific campaigns are far better than wide/general campaigns.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
I liked you on Facebook...having built up several pages to likes To the tune of 100k plus you need to create more engaging content. Try to get the user to share your content because it's engaging not because you ask them.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
Who did you set you niche to on your FB ads? When we did our mobile app, we made different campaigns to different niche's to see who would click through and install the most. You should try that.

Just run a few to see specifically who you can target. One thing we noticed is that with FB, you can really zero in on your niche and really specific campaigns are far better than wide/general campaigns.

Sorry forgot to mention this. Do all A/B testing on everything you do from tag lines to pictures to the color of your font. Also you may be losing conversions on your sales page so start doing AB testing on your sales pages.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto

Sorry forgot to mention this. Do all A/B testing on everything you do from tag lines to pictures to the color of your font. Also you may be losing conversions on your sales page so start doing AB testing on your sales pages.

snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, oakley, beach, sunglasses, and a couple other Tags.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
This product should never be discounted....

Exactly. Discounting products make then seem to be a lower quality. Raise your price point and after a year or so release new models and drop the old models prices slightly then discontinue them.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
lol.

ya i don't know about that.

JudoTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 3, 2013
Scranton PA
congrats!

ps. Hope you dont mind but I do a lot of advertising on fb and I never thought about doing targeted ads towards people who liked very expensive cars or anything like that. I feel dumb but happy I found it here so THANK YOU!

nevergiveup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 17, 2013
NC
Just liked your Facebook page Vick. If you really want to get a lot of page likes promote your page (not posts, but the whole page) and target certain people. My business page went from 3,700 likes to 12,000+ in less than a month. It cost me around $300, but it brought in a lot of new orders to my website because I have customer choose how they found us during the checkout process.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Just liked your Facebook page Vick. If you really want to get a lot of page likes promote your page (not posts, but the whole page) and target certain people. My business page went from 3,700 likes to 12,000+ in less than a month. It cost me around $300, but it brought in a lot of new orders to my website because I have customer choose how they found us during the checkout process.

Yup. I'm promoting the page.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
thanks ;)

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Yup, got the message last night ;)

Great to hear! Thanks for the forward.

I'm pretty excited too :)

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Liked, and invited all of my friends to like it. Looking sick!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Thank You! appreciate it ;)

G

Guest12120

Maybe an idea worth considering is to charge people for pre-orders. You could charge the full amount and give the opportunity to cancel and refund anytime. Right now you might have a lot of reservation but they are not committed financially. People that made the reservations are not obligated to pay and can change their mind when you release the products.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Most of them wanted to buy now. Actually almost all of them.

I'm gonna setup a Pre-Order website as soon as possible.

But I need confirmation on a few things from my manufacturer before proceeding.

I don't want to take peoples money until I'm sure our product will be developed the way I intended. And the way I have been presenting it.

There's no rush. I should find out this week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.