The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$75 grand... how do i turn it into $200 grand within a year.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
...i havent pissed away all my money, but about 50% of it is gone...

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear this, Steve. But you know Tennyson's adage, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"? Maybe it's the same with money? You've had a major success already, muffled by this recent failure.

Still, you have over $30K in reserves? That's more than I have at 25. I don't know that I could turn it into 200K by the end of the year, but X-Mas '09 is definitely doable. '08 was a rebuilding year.

This won't be popular on this forum, but I would recommend using 25-50% of it to buy stocks. Everybody knows the market is in the tank. Don't wait for the bottom, just buy -- and have the discipline to leave it there. This is your hedge.

$15K is more than enough to start an E-biz. You have the sales expertise. What about an E-book or a sales skills system? Teach others how to sell like you do. I can see it now: Russ K, the next big name in sales gurus. Selling eBooks, books, DVDs, and other helpful tools for people who want to become better at sales. You have the bona fides! Christ, you "retired" at 25 and bought your dream car! I think this would be easy for you, and all 130 of those books you bought will finally come in handy. Good luck!

:icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FxInvestor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 7, 2008
Mumbai, India
I know its definitely possible and somewhere else I have mentioned, only way to do it is Leverage it. However, flip side is if you dont know what you are doing, you can end up losing everything.
Understand the risks involved before you put your money down.
One suggestion I can give is Forex Markets Managed funds. If you are lucky to meet the right traders to manage your money, 10-15% monthly is not uncommon. I know this for a fact, since I have worked for Managed funds before.

I am sure there might be so many other opportunities out there, you only have to seek them out and understand if it fits into your risk profile.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
We Gen-Y babies want results NOW! lol. Patience and focus are two points of my life that I have to keep in check on a regular basis. It's tough when we read stories of 'rags to riches' that cover about 2-3 paragraphs of a website...not nearly what they could cover if they went into more detailed time lines. We have to remember that (many) self-made successful people did not get to be successful by sitting down at their desk and thinking up some idea in 5 minutes.

It's a long story, but you should read CantWait2's success story if you want some perspective on a tough go at financial freedom. Not to discount anyone else's story, but some of the details in his story about drugs and sidetracks really are eye-opening. Also, MJ's success story has a couple excerpts from his personal journal when he was at a very low point in his life. More eye-openers.

I don't know about you, but these real life depictions do it for me. They helped to completely change my outlook on success, achievement, and taking chances on opportunities.

- John

Thats true, but I'm trying to change that attitude by telling myself that i am patient princess:coolgleamA: One step at a time. Words are powerful.

servicefly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 20, 2008
California (Southern)
Steve, I have been reading about your struggles here and I can relate. When I was younger I had a similar dilemma. The best advice I can put forward is to really figure out what you like to do. You should be close to realizing now. Next, know that you can turn anything into a lot of money fast by making smart decisions. Making smart decisions means asking questions of smart people who have made the mistakes for you.

Once you have a strong passion (not just idea) of what you want to do, you can begin to structure a way to make money from it quickly. You have sales experience which gives you a leg up, as long as those car salesman habits don't follow.

If you already know what you like (hopefully love) to do, then post it here and we all can help you turn it into a profitable business quickly. I have made over $80,000 in 1.5 months in the past from a personal $5,000 investment. Things like this can happen.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
thanks guys
currently, im trying to find out what my true passions are

im still somewhat depressed, and my self esteem is very low..

im not sure why it is, i guess its kuz im not workin, and kuz i spent so much money, and pretty much wasted 1 year of my life...

im seeing a pshycotherapist once to week to help me deal with these things, but for some reason it works one day, then the next im back to feeling like shit

i was advised to talk to my friends, and people close to me, and ask them what my "strengths" are...

they all pretty much said i was "able to think quickly", that im very funny, and im really good at influencing people. ive also been told that im a good "actor"

i dunno
ive always wanted to look into acting and stuff like that, but i just dont feel it in me

at the current moment, i feel like not doing shit and watching my bank account hit 0.

obviosly this isnt the right way of thinking, but i cant seem to get myself out of this hole...

and whats wierd is, if i post the story of my life, you guys would never believe that i have been through so much, yet i cant get myself out of this shit ...

to give you an idea, pretty much had my family broken up in 2001. dont have any contact with any family members, had a gun pointed to my head and was shot at, and have also dealt with lots of child hood drama and the rest of that sad stuff that makes a great program on the life time channel..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.