The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2020
Chicago
My name is Robert and I’m here to gain knowledge and seek advice on my retirement. I’m 25 and I work in Fire Protection Engineering. As much as my job fulfills me, this side project has been on my mind for a while and I can’t seem to figure out where to start. So here I am.

Attached is a garage storage concept, fully gated, and with a runway. Key fob entrance. Lights on the side light up as you’re moving through the gate. Car storage with the idea to have tenants buy or rent. “HOA” fees for maintenance. Home away from home. Place to hangout, work on your car, socialize with others. One garage to be dedicated to a private detailing service. I have workers ready to work. Direct competition is Iron Gate Motor Condos and the Joliet Autobahn. I’m near Chicago, IL. Garage sizes may vary, pictures shown is concept sizing.

The problem I solve: 1.) people like me who don’t have garage access. I have no where to clean or work on my car. 2.) to those who want a home away from home. 3.) those wanting pristine luxury car storage and care.

Target market: people without regular garage access. Car enthusiasts, collectors. Wealthy people, retired. Upper class aged 30 years old +.

Differentiation: luxury, modern concept centered around the airstrip. Private detailing service. Hopefullyat a cheaper cost than competition.

I introduced this idea to a well known car enthusiast. I felt less crazy afterward as I found out I would have competition. The markets there. Those business’s worked, why can’t a better looking one work too?

This could be a half million dollar project. I have no clue where to start and I don’t have the money. I’m head over heels. To those seasoned business people who spotted some errors in my logic, I don’t want all the answers, I’m just asking for an outline and perspective.

Thank you for taking the time, I look forward to the responses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• B600D28C-254E-4B4D-AD73-64D2C5992AFE.png
    B600D28C-254E-4B4D-AD73-64D2C5992AFE.png
    703.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 424A6D68-50E8-4424-99E7-3DD6AC46AEE8.png
    424A6D68-50E8-4424-99E7-3DD6AC46AEE8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • AD53A3CB-0AFE-4AC3-9D21-773C4EADF167.png
    AD53A3CB-0AFE-4AC3-9D21-773C4EADF167.png
    896 KB · Views: 6
  • 5E734E62-2FB2-4374-A243-A7AAE3C96D27.png
    5E734E62-2FB2-4374-A243-A7AAE3C96D27.png