- Joined
- Dec 8, 2013
- Messages
- 132
Rep Bank
$580
$580
User Power: 142%
I was one of the young guns that fought readily on this forum about the pro-college mindset.
In approximately 30 days, while sipping on pineapple juice in Bali, Indonesia, I will be putting my college career on hold while I'm pursuing something that exhilarates me.
Things seem to be taking on a different perspective than they were before.
I stopped reading this forum in July to go apply what I've learned and everything changed. I MET A MENTOR.
He hired me onto his company while I was freelancing for the cash needed to launch my soon-to-be failed E-commerce project.
And then he fired me.
On July of 2016, I told this guy I'd work for free. I gave him 3 reasons:
In that short period, I have gained the skills and the seeds needed to proactively generate value for any company I collaborate with for the rest of my life.
In that small time frame, I've grown more PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY than I would have ever grown on my own or with the help of professors.
I finally listened to this forum and walked the f#$@ off of the cliff, hungrily pursuing everything about this opportunity I had gotten, soaking up every piece of knowledge I could get my hands on, and finally taking the leap of leaving my college dreams behind.
I'm not a millionaire (yet).
I'm not even a hundred-thousandaire, but I've gained more momentum, self-fulfilment, and long-term opportunity than I would have ever gotten on the college path.
My CEO/mentor and I have a lot of personal development talks, and he pointed out 4 key weaknesses that I've been working on whenever I can:
Are there any book recommendations out there that might help with my 4 core weaknesses as I continue to pursue solutions and good habits?
Regardless, I thank this community for being a great resource
I hope to get the skill mastery and jedi level to be able to give back to the forum in earnest.
-Greyson
In approximately 30 days, while sipping on pineapple juice in Bali, Indonesia, I will be putting my college career on hold while I'm pursuing something that exhilarates me.
Things seem to be taking on a different perspective than they were before.
I stopped reading this forum in July to go apply what I've learned and everything changed. I MET A MENTOR.
He hired me onto his company while I was freelancing for the cash needed to launch my soon-to-be failed E-commerce project.
And then he fired me.
On July of 2016, I told this guy I'd work for free. I gave him 3 reasons:
- The idea they were pursuing was valuable to me and I could see the value that it produced for our clients
- Regardless of payment, I had learned more in a one month period than I had ever learned in college or in launching startups on my own
- I wanted new and stochastic. Not predictable and controlled. Not freelancing and college. I desperately wanted a disruption in my life.
In that short period, I have gained the skills and the seeds needed to proactively generate value for any company I collaborate with for the rest of my life.
In that small time frame, I've grown more PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY than I would have ever grown on my own or with the help of professors.
I finally listened to this forum and walked the f#$@ off of the cliff, hungrily pursuing everything about this opportunity I had gotten, soaking up every piece of knowledge I could get my hands on, and finally taking the leap of leaving my college dreams behind.
I'm not a millionaire (yet).
I'm not even a hundred-thousandaire, but I've gained more momentum, self-fulfilment, and long-term opportunity than I would have ever gotten on the college path.
My CEO/mentor and I have a lot of personal development talks, and he pointed out 4 key weaknesses that I've been working on whenever I can:
- Accepting responsibility as a leader
- Consistency
- Communication (Personality)
- Proactiveness (Building a mindset of intuition and being a step ahead)
Are there any book recommendations out there that might help with my 4 core weaknesses as I continue to pursue solutions and good habits?
Regardless, I thank this community for being a great resource
-Greyson
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
