The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5 [Horrible] Reasons to NOT Be Rich

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
This made me physically sick.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Found this gem on Flipboard.

I guess it's time to abandon my fastlane plans.

1. You will contribute more to war [because you'll pay more in taxes].
  2. You will hasten the destruction of the planet.
  3. Your prosperity = someone else’s poverty.
  4. Money makes you meaner.
  5. Money won’t make you happy. In fact, it’s more likely to make you miserable.

Five reasons why you never want to be rich

Garbage like this is very personal to me. Back in my NGO days, this was the prevailing worldview, and it basically ensures that every effort made to help poor people actually keeps them poor. Thanks for giving me a few dark minutes this morning, though!

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
1. Not necessarily. If i am not mistaken, the US and other countries have something called "tax brackets" which actually reduces the amount of taxes someone pays (i am not so sure about this one)
2. ????
3. So obese people stole food from someone else? Or are they eating themselves into an early grave?
4. Money makes you not give a f**k. Also, as someone pointed out above, you do need a certain degree of agression to stop people from taking advantage of you.
5. They are sad because they didn't know how to use their money. Instead of securing their future, they probably went full #YOLO, models&bottles, fast cars and dat dere mansion with the OV.

Whoever wrote this is probably hailing from Reddit. 'Nuff said.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Your prosperity = someone else’s poverty.

LOL, 99% of people have literally no idea how capitalism functions.

>Solve a problem/fill a need
>Get rich

The constant pursuit of money/freedom by citizens means that society's problems are constantly being solved, therefore EVERYONE'S quality of life is improving, not just the person's who got rich.

Slowlaner's are just sheep, they have no idea WHY things happen as they do. I wonder if slowlaners know WHY they're getting paid for their work?

Pretty sure their misconception of life is what leads to their "entitlement". They think that even if what they do provides no value to the market, they should be rewarded because it is what they have been told to do their whole life, and they did it.

Maybe if everyone knew WHY things happened, the world would be a better place... or maybe we need sheep?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.