The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5 and Below?

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
have any of you guys recently been into an 5 and Below store.

To me it looks like the guys get all of their products from wholesalers in China, I could be wrong but it sure looks that way. If so what an smart idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I think the majority of stores get their product from China.

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
thats true but it seems like they have all products Ive seen on Alibaba no brand names

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
I was wondering the other day if a store like this could be successful, a higher end dollar store basically. Where have you seen them? I haven't come across one in California.

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
Im in Michigan I believe they are just starting up and most people tend to go because of their assortment of iphone accessories all which can be bought wholesale heres their website

party supplies | Five Below

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
have any of you guys recently been into an 5 and Below store.

To me it looks like the guys get all of their products from wholesalers in China, I could be wrong but it sure looks that way. If so what an smart idea.

Yeah. It's called Wal Mart. LOLOL

G

GuestUser152

well I'm slightly confused by this thread. I live in south carolina and as long as I can remember we've had dollar trees, dollar generals, super 10's etc. Are these a new breed of dollar store or has south carolina just been holding tight to its pot of gold haha?

Leonard Dollars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 26, 2012
Probably hasn't spread to far around the country yet but we have a few here in Rhode Island. I've also wondered the same thing the few times I've walked in. Definitely a "higher end" dollar store. Great assortment of products that are cheap but not the typical "dollar store" cheap which makes it a popular spot for birthday gifts and Christmas presents.

I also think the name works in their favor since customers dont walk in with the expectation of every product being $1. They're prepared to pay up to $5 which is usually the case unless your buying candy or notebooks lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.