The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3rd party shopping carts. Which one?

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
My new website is up. Now I'm looking for a shopping cart for it. There's so many options. Im curious what people's opinions are on different cart options. Since I have a Paypal account Im so tempted to use it because lots of people have Paypal. The downside is Paypal has a history of freezing accounts for stupid reasons and doing other evil things and Paypal gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

Some 3rd party carts have one time fees with no monthly fee but charge a % of sales (as high as 5.5%) plus .30 cents or so per sale. Some just charge a flat monthly fee. Some do all of the above. Some have affiliate programs you can integrate into your site, some allow digital downloads, etc, etc.

Im curious what others are using and what people would think be the best option for a new site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
oscommerce, zen cart, cubecart, magento. These are probably the 4 most popular. They all are free, but you can also get the premium version if you would like. Most hosting companies let you install these with fantastico.

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
Hey Cactuswren,
Thanks for the compliment. I haven't given Zen Cart a shot yet, but I will. Next years presentation will actually be longer and explain a few processes in depth. I'll put Zen Cart on one of my sites this week and begin figuring it out.

--Mottdog

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.