The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3d tv??

Deuce

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 12, 2009
So I've been hearing a lot more about this whole 3D TV that has actually been hitting some stores here. Have any of you guys heard anything about it/watched anything on one yet? I've potentially got an idea to run with on these tv's, just wanted to see where everyone thought this 3D experience was going??

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Deuce

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 12, 2009
See, I'd feel like a goof ball sitting on my couch watching tv with freakin goggles on! lol...But what I've learned is that, just because I don't think that something is a good idea or that I wouldn't necessarily use it....doesn't mean others won't!

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
I checked them out at a the Samsung pavilion during the winter games. I was impressed with the demo film and also the TV's, they had a 3d camcorder pointed at the crowd so you could see yourself in 3D. Would I go out and buy one? Maybe but for only a small premium over a HDTV. The World Cup is supposed to be broadcast in 3D so that may increase the uptake of the technology. It also would be cool to see Avatar in 3D at home. I think the video game market will play a big part in the success of failure of the role out though, imagine playing 3D golf being able to see the fairway and judge distances easily even first person shooters could be awesome with in 3d.

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami
Im weary of 3d TV's. I saw avatar in 3-d, got a headache halfway through, but couldnt even take the glasses off because the screen in blurry without the glasses. Im usually open arm's to new technology, but for some reason, my gut is telling me that my grandchildren are going to have some serious depth perception problems! I dunno what study's they have done in regards to long term effects of 3D exposure... It's going to be an interesting future ahead!!!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
there was a video game at the mall years and years ago(over10) that was
3d it was like a fighting starwars game. it was a circle thing about waist high and it projected 3d people tonto a flat surface hat would fight out your moves... you didnt need to wear goggles to see it.

it looked very very cool. Id imagine if they are talking about main stream 3d tv's it would be more like little figurines in 3d like that game vs the appearance of the reg tv with some 3d stuff added(that moves towards you) like at the 3d movies... idk maybe it was 4d? you couldnt touch it but could see it lol they looked like mini real people.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
i'm happy for advance of technologies. i want a 3d screen for my computer tho. not TV. i don't watch TV.

LondonLife

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 8, 2010
London
I've currently got 3D on one of my computers through Nvidia 3D vision. When I first used it, I thought it was a good idea, but to be honest i got slightly bored of it. The hastle of wearing glasses, making sure the batteries are charged up and fiddling with settings just isn't that fun once the initial wow factor wears off... It's not just sticking on plastic specs like in the cinema.

Still, I would probably use it more if bigger and better monitors/tvs supported the correct refresh rates. My 3D vision compatible monitor is 23" and only 1680x1050 resolution. Which isn't great. Considering on my main PC I am used to using multiple high res 30" monitors the 3D effect came with a massive drawback regarding size. I'll take 3D as an add-on, but not at this expense.

I think 3D could be the future of cinema, and I can see it working with games for the high end niche. But TV to me, is something I watch whilst I potter around, work out, or just have on in the background. The thought of wearing battery powered glassess for when and If I look up seems silly. And considering the glasses will cost around £100 each (Remember these are electronic devices which essentially swap your eyes 60 times a second, NOT polorising filters like in the cinema), are friends supposed to bring their own pair around, or am I expected to stockpile them?

Plus I wear contact lenses which get swapped out for glassess late at night and early in the morning. Can I get prescription 3d glasses?

Too many drawbacks methinks.

CarrieW, the game you're thinking of used sudo holograms by projecting a 2D image through a CRT tv and a curved mirror. It essentially produced 2 planes of 2D images, rather than real 3D. I think SEGA did it. It looked great at the time, almost 20 years ago now, but nowadays you'd be astonished at how bad the effect is.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I have tried to watch 3D stuff at the movies. I had monovision lasik on my eyes several years ago. 3D doesn't play well with monovision.:nonod:

ashfield212

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 20, 2009
UK
Is this a case of overwhelming vision, for an overwhelming price? I also like the idea of a 3D computer monitor, TV isn't one of my priorities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.