The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

35 in NYC

lb321

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Oct 4, 2016
Hi All,

Former Big Law corporate lawyer turned software engineer here. My initial thoughts in switching careers had to do with pretty Slow Lane thinking regarding job markets in the different places I'd want to live (and the fact that I was bored with law).

I was somehow able to parlay an entirely self-taught tech skill set into a job at a top tech shop (think Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft), but while reading Fastlane Millionaire and being exposed to others doing online business, I've realized I need to escape the rat race entirely (not merely move from the legal lane to the tech lane).

Now I need to execute...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hi All,

Former Big Law corporate lawyer turned software engineer here. My initial thoughts in switching careers had to do with pretty Slow Lane thinking regarding job markets in the different places I'd want to live (and the fact that I was bored with law).

I was somehow able to parlay an entirely self-taught tech skill set into a job at a top tech shop (think Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft), but while reading Fastlane Millionaire and being exposed to others doing online business, I've realized I need to escape the rat race entirely (not merely move from the legal lane to the tech lane).

Now I need to execute...

Wow thank you so much for letting me know of your execution plans!

lb321

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Oct 4, 2016
Wow thank you so much for letting me know of your execution plans!
Fair enough. I haven't started anything real yet, and I'm still searching for my first real idea. So, by executing I mean executing on leaving the rat race, not any specific business idea yet.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Fair enough. I haven't started anything real yet, and I'm still searching for my first real idea. So, by executing I mean executing on leaving the rat race, not any specific business idea yet.

Talk is cheap, get to work. Harsh but only the truth.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Welcome to the forums. You have collected a lot of skills that will be valuable in your journey. Don't let the lawyer side lead you down the conservative path. Having that knowledge and connections will should be a valuable aid.

Keep an open mind towards business in general. There are millions of ways to make money. Keep the mind open....

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
Could you offer your legal services on your own while building something on the side? I know lots of people looking for legal / corporate structure help who are entrepreneurs (me included). You could cater to that niche while working on SAAS or consulting business?

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Welcome to the forum fellow NYer.

Always nice to have an ex lawyer on board. I'm sure you'll bring a lot of value to the forum.

Don't mind the bully's - stick around long enough and you'll get moving.

Like @SteveO said, keep an open mind, be patient, and invest in yourself. Learn some skills, take some action.
Hi All,

Now I need to execute...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...