Wonder3581
New Contributor
Hi all - Well, I have an 8 month old daughter, married, have mortgage, bills etc. although I have managed to save up $30k. Now, my focus to exit the slow lane has been to start an importing business. I have already identified the product and established that it will sell very well. My question is, do I place the responsibility on the manufacturer, who is also the direct seller, to ensure the product arrives safely here in Portland, OR where I reside. Or should I contact a freight forwarder to work with the manufacturer and finalize the details of getting the product to my home?
I have contacted a few freight forwarders and none of them seem to take me seriously. For one, my initial shipment is SMALL, 10-20 items max. Depending on how well that shipments sells will establish the frequency and volume of shipments. So, to recap - 2 questions
1 - When dealing with a direct seller (In Colombia) should the responsibility be on the seller to ensure the product arrives safely at my residence, so that I can resell it in the States?
2 - If the answer to the first question is NO. Then, does anyone have any suggestions on a reputable fright forwarder that works with entrepreneurs/small businesses?
Thanks!
Matt
I have contacted a few freight forwarders and none of them seem to take me seriously. For one, my initial shipment is SMALL, 10-20 items max. Depending on how well that shipments sells will establish the frequency and volume of shipments. So, to recap - 2 questions
1 - When dealing with a direct seller (In Colombia) should the responsibility be on the seller to ensure the product arrives safely at my residence, so that I can resell it in the States?
2 - If the answer to the first question is NO. Then, does anyone have any suggestions on a reputable fright forwarder that works with entrepreneurs/small businesses?
Thanks!
Matt
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
