The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30 Year Old w/No Job, No Degree, and still living at moms basement

nacholibre

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Nov 1, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Sup everyone,

just wanted to say hello. Maybe a little bit about myself: My name is Ignacio, 30, currently living in Hamburg, Germany. I'm half chilean/half italian, as I immigrated with my mother when I was 9 years old (should be the other way around I guess). I studied Computer Science last year but quit after just a few weeks. I then thought I should study what my heart tells me to do, so I got a place in Evangelical Theology about a month ago at the famous Humboldt-University in Berlin, but decided not to take it simply because I discovered TMFL and this forum.

As you can see from the title, my current situation is pretty complicated to say the least. On top of that I'm also quite overweight, and I want to do something about that too. I'm fighting the war on all ends, and I'm literally starting from zero, except maybe for a starting capital that is around 4000€.

So yeah, I read TMFL a few weeks ago and decided to change my life. I thought that learning how to code would be a first start, as I have the necessary time in my hands to learn things quickly.

I hope this is not too long of an introduction! Thanks for reading. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi,

First thing that you have to change is your belief system.

If you believe you're in a messed up situation, you are.

If you believe you're in a great position to launch your venture, you are.

Make sure your belief system works FOR you, not AGAINST you.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

nacholibre

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Nov 1, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm trying to change that. Somehow I'm always comparing myself with the world around me. I need to work on that. To have a clear goal in the end and working persistently towards it. It's the most difficult thing for me to do and I failed many times trying. But thanks for the tip! Sometimes the simplest tips are the best ones.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The first step to a huge life change is small wins spread out over time. Very small!

People quit because they focus on big wins, without the small ones. And then it never happens because they're too focused on 1 year from today, instead of today.

Welcome to the forum.

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Hi,

First thing that you have to change is your belief system.

If you believe you're in a messed up situation, you are.

If you believe you're in a great position to launch your venture, you are.

Make sure your belief system works FOR you, not AGAINST you.

Best wishes.

A bit of pessimism is healthy too. We're motivated both by the potential of reward and anxiety of failure. @nacholibre should be scared, should be realistic that if he doesn't hustle his F*cking a$$ off that he'll soon be 40 in his mother's basement. That's a real possibility and no fluffy optimism will make it not.

Anyways, he's come to the right place. Welcome to the forum.

truesouth

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Mar 6, 2011
Patagonia, Chile
Oye Nacho, welcome to the forum.

If you need something, don't hesitate to publish it. And do it openly. People here are sometimes a bit harsh and direct, but it is necessary to have a little reality right in the face.

I recommend, before anything, to fix your overweight. Start little by little, exercising twice a week. Only that. The key is to move. Once you start enjoying moving your body, you will begin to make it a routine and each time you will need it more.

By the way, don't forget the food. You can research a little about how to take a paleo diet. It has multiple benefits.

Finally, don't pay attention to your weight. This may sound contradictory, I know. But when you are having a proper diet and doing some exercise then you will start to gain muscle, and this can make you feel that you are not progressing enough. The goal is to replace fat with muscle, gain strength and mobility.

All this will make you get the confidence you need to achieve anything.

Saludos.

nacholibre

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Nov 1, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Sorry for the late reply, I had too many things I had to sort out that I always kept postponing. But not anymore now.

Reading Unscripted too now. It's been a great read so far. Great job MJ!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I hope the last post of this thread is a picture of @nacholibre driving away from his mom's house in an Audi R8 on the way to his McMansion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...