The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30 Days - No Job

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Edit: Nevermind I am finding out that I will have a lot more explaining to do than I wanted to. Trust me, it will all work out. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Sorry...I don't like this analysis.

I see:

Pros: I get to do the things I want, while...

Cons: Screwing over people who I promised to pay back.

I could understand having to do this because the company you worked for closed, but not by choice. My word is too valuable.

It seems odd that you used the word "commitments" when you don't seem all that committed.

Hopefully, I'm just reading your post incorrectly. But that's how I see it right now.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I agree with bflbob.

If you are going to quit in 30 days, then don't do it! Yes, we encourage people to seize the opportunity to be "job free" and do their own things, but you must first create the opportunity. you don't quit your job, then hope you figure out something. The good idea is about the order of things you do. You kinda have it backwards.

Good Idea.
-keep working, saving as much as you can.
-start a small business. sell products/service, see small income.
-increase effort in products/services, see more income.
-if no effort in new products/services, income still coming in due to referalls.
-making enough income from your side business to survive even if it means forgoing luxury, but your must basic needs can be met.
-then it's a good idea to quit your job and throw in that extra 40-50hrs a week on your new gig.

Bad idea.
-quit your job which pays your bills.
-have no idea how to maybe support your most basic needs.
-gonna sit and figure out a way to make millions/more money.
-gonna risk your entire savings on an idea that will come tomorrow.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Eh, I decided just to edit the first post because I realize that this is going to lead to a lot of time explaining myself.

I'm not saying "screw the other people". I didn't elaborate a lot because I tend to ramble so let me clear it up. With the money I have saved up so far for England I can pay for 6 months (or so) to the people I have previous commitments to (like the student loans\electric\etc). So, if I cannot get anything off the ground in that time than I have the resources to still pay them back.

I have realized though that with the money I have saved up for England and the money that I will save up by then with a job will not be enough to make the money. Plus I will still have to find some way to make money while I'm over there.

Because of this I have decided a more of an "all or nothing" type stance. I can commit to this project or end up not going where I want. With the thought that even if I keep working the job I won't be able to go it's not a very hard choice.

Yes, I suppose I could have a little more money if I work the job, but really a "little more money" is not with the unhappiness it brings.

Oh well, I hope this clears up some of the misconceptions. I don't know if I will post again unless there is another big misconception but with having deleted the first post I don't know if that will happen.

Edit: @EastWind: I have the idea, and have been implementing it. It's not that I am still waiting\trying to figure it out. With the amount of time between my job, my own training, and cooking I honestly have about 2 hours to work on it a day. This is with wasting no time at all between the other activities. This just isn't enough time and certain elements of my idea need to be down when it's light out and it's almost impossible to get enough daylight at the moment with it being winter and all other things I have to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Not really sure where this thread is going, but just one thing:

Today, in my state they had 400 accidents and 200 more outside the metro area.

It took on average 3x longer to get to your work.

I am glad I didn't have to!

D

DeletedUser394

Not really sure where this thread is going, but just one thing:

Today, in my state they had 400 accidents and 200 more outside the metro area.

It took on average 3x longer to get to your work.

I am glad I didn't have to!

What? I'm completely confused :rofl::shruggie::rofl:

I'll add my two cents on the subject:

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

LOL

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!