The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30 Day Challenge 2009!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Ok, since their seems to be many members interested, I decided to create a preliminary 30 Day Challenge thread.

I'll be starting the challenge next week and I am stoked! I decided I wanted to learn something this summer and it was either going to be Internet Marketing or Stocks! I chose internet marketing because of the ability to create fast lane opportunities out of it!

Feel free to post goals and updates while on your 30 Day challenge starting next week!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
My husband and I are in the middle of the 2008 videos but will be doing the 2009 when it starts.

Originally we planned to use it for future websites we're working on but we just had the "Duh!" lightbulb go off tonight on applying what we're learning to our existing website.

Our goal is to be generating atleast 3K/month so that I don't need to return to work in August. I REALLY don't want to go back to work - my baby just rolled over tonight and I want both of us to be here for those moments!!

We mapped out our strategy with the current website and I've started working on creating content for the blog and corresponding pages. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because I know nothing about the niche (my husband is the one who is the into it) but he is working on another niche that I have even less experience in! He'll be editing my content so it won't be that much of a problem.

Here's to success!!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
That's an awesome plan! Good luck! Keep busting it, and I have complete faith that you guys will absolutely kill it!

I'd like to hit 1k passive income/month by November. (Starting from 0)

Not sure if it's realistic, just an arbitrary goal.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Good luck to all you doing it! watch your ROI. make more than you spend over a reasonable amount of time and make sure you are learning good content not just what was thrown in front of you. there are a lot of theory's out there.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Good luck to all you doing it! watch your ROI. make more than you spend over a reasonable amount of time and make sure you are learning good content not just what was thrown in front of you. there are a lot of theory's out there.

This is one of the best things about the 30DC. It is free. They are always upfront about what can cost you money but all of it is free during the challenge. Some free stuff continues beyond the challenge. Challenge participants also get a lower cost should they decide to purchase anything and their prices remain the same even after the cost of the product increases.

There is a ton of information given. Too much to catch it all only one time through. And yes... please do keep in mind, Ed's approach is only one theory and application; much more as you dig deep and learn. I am just now beginning to understand the basics... I think, LOL. I just love learning!

Clint- I have only been able to find the Ustream stuff so far too.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This is one of the best things about the 30DC. It is free. They are always upfront about what can cost you money but all of it is free during the challenge. Some free stuff continues beyond the challenge. Challenge participants also get a lower cost should they decide to purchase anything and their prices remain the same even after the cost of the product increases.

There is a ton of information given. Too much to catch it all only one time through. And yes... please do keep in mind, Ed's approach is only one theory and application; much more as you dig deep and learn. I am just now beginning to understand the basics... I think, LOL. I just love learning!

Clint- I have only been able to find the Ustream stuff so far too.

Kerry, i def agree that it is great to learn the basics, or rather i have heard its great to learn the basics. It has quite the following and it's a good thing they get you all discounts. Once you master the basics and find what works the second half of making a lot of money is automation! But take it one step at a time and make sure eachpeice is like a solid stepping stone in your head, you wouldnt want to make it to the top only to have the stairs crumble shortly after.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Keep us posted, and don't get lazy! Keep at whatever you are doing, and map out your goals for the 30 day period.

G_Alexander

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Keep us posted, and don't get lazy! Keep at whatever you are doing, and map out your goals for the 30 day period.

G_Alexander

(Robert DeNiro voice)- You tawkin ta me?

Just playin :p

Since you're back in town we gotta get together and keep track of each other's progress, especially since it looks like you're gonna be doin the 30DC as well.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
(Robert DeNiro voice)- You tawkin ta me?

Just playin :p

Since you're back in town we gotta get together and keep track of each other's progress, especially since it looks like you're gonna be doin the 30DC as well.

I am debating the 30 day challenge. Trying to make as much money as possible right now so I can put it into a project.

We should definitely get together again though. Just e-mail me and let me know what you're up to :thumbsup:

G_Alexander

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I'm still working on content for our blog. Today has been a very discouraging day. I wanted to work on our ning website but it is down for site maintenance. Then I decided to work on more content for our blog and have writer's block.

And I am slowly realizing how little control we have over our current website. I can't even add a Facebook badge!! I've started looking for new web development today. I am also trying to decide/figure out if we need new hosting. We currently pay about $50/month and I'm not sure if it is worth it but am researching this more before I make any decisions.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I think today is the first day. I did this last year and learned a ton. Sorry I won't be participating this year. Who all is doing this year? Post up if you want to share what you learned.:cheers:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I've never done this (maybe I should! ;)) but I like their use of leverage and backend sales... def something to be learned from their execution of the model.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I signed up last night and went through most of the pre-training.

Seems like a lot of very basic information, but there's also more advanced tutorials as it goes on.

It's very put together and mostly everything's put in video form so it's very simple to follow.

And I'm sure you don't even have to sign up. Everythings on Ed Dales youtube or type thirtydaychallenge.com/training/#

:urock2:

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just checked it out. My first impression is that they want to use their marketing tools to build your own niches.

I do have some small niche sites that I can use to apply the challenge, but don't want to spend too much time to lost my focus on my main project.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
They let you use their tools for free during at least the 30 days and usually 45 days for some other things. The prices are fair and ALWAYS go up a lot after each challenge.

Priceless information. If anyone wants to do this I have a group started for the challenge. Find me on facebook and let me know you are from the FL and doing the 30DC. I will invite you to the group.

Ed also has a 30DC facebook application this year. The application has a team area. And Ed is having a contest for the teams. I would love to work with anyone from the FL on a team challenge vs. all the other 30DC teams. Team size is limited to 7. (see Ed's Facebook Application training in the preseason training area for details of the application).

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
ah ha .. I just met someone on 30DC and started my own group (No one in yet)

It's called ..

30 Day Challenge from nothing to everything

This is my first time to be on the 30DC. Don't know what to expect. So I don't know the outcome, but I am going for it.

Contest? I will check it out.

BTW, my goal is to reach my goal while building network with other like-mind people.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
So Day 1 is over, anyone want to recap or just post this on the facebook group?

One idea that popped up was to list our 7 interests that will be broken down into micro-niches and what tools you've used from Day 1 that have helped get you one step closer to finding that lucrative micro-niche.

I'll start:

Ideas:
1) cars
2) bikes
3) motorcycles
4) running
5) baseball
6) organic foods(just got into this thanks to Bobo)
7) electronics
8) accounting(more for my dad ;))
9) shoes
10) books
11) travel

Started with Technorati... checked to find the top blogs, looks like autoblog is the #1 for my #1 interest(the rest are in no particular order).

To top it off, for anyone who thinks they need to re-invent the wheel, that their idea is garbage or that they need a perfect 4-7 letter .com domain I give you the #21 blog on technorati:
icanhascheezburger.com

First off, who would think of these words in the first place to search on google?
Secondly- uhh, it's spelled wrong
Thirdly, now I know where Peter2(RIP) got all his material :smxB:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
How much does it cost if you buy the tools they suggest? Just curious. I may give it a world now that I am out of school and have some free time. Everyone at B&P who had used it seemed to realy get something out of the entire process.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
40 days free for Market Samurai, everything else is free as most tools are subscription services, social networking, micro-blog, etc.

I paid $97 for MS(usually $149) and feel it is worth every penny as tonight was a great night of just taking action and step one towards success, not the $1 success, but shooting for the $10k-20k/month type success which I know will take plenty of hard-work, but thankfully there is such a fun/supportive community within the 30DC, not to mention fellow fastlaners doing it that I know it will happen!

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
That isn't bad at all. You just have to pay $97 annual for MS? The tool seems great and useful for any web venture. Established or just starting it out from day 1.

Baldrick

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jul 30, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
$97 total... you own it after that and then it includes upgrades too.
I bought it last year for $64 if I remember correctly. I did not follow the 30DC plan to the end and therefore failed. This year I am determined to see it through so that I can earn my fortune from home.

I have found a micro niche and signed up to Hostgator for my hosting. I joined as an affiliate previously so signed up using my own link. Using the the "beach" coupon I got 20% of the first bill bringing it my domain name and first month's hosting to $19.96, and, I should get commission on the sale.

Anybody want to make a Fastlane team?

Nigel.

speedingpenguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Apr 19, 2009
I gotta say, I'm having a blast doing the 30DC even though I havn't yet found my niech. Its frustrating as hell, but I'm not gonna beat myself up because its taking so long, and if it takes me 40 days to do the 30 day challenge, so be it! Anyone else here still having trouble finding a niech?

Baldrick

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jul 30, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
if it takes me 40 days to do the 30 day challenge, so be it! Anyone else here still having trouble finding a niech?
I expect that like last year, they will leave the training videos up and the forum running so that people can join in later or just take their time.

Using that Market samurai software, I have discounted several, found one niche and having got two pages of a site up, I will look for another one to set up, while putting more content on the first one.

Nigel.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I'm with you penguin, think I found my niche, but can never be too certain, so I'm still keeping my options open.

Either way I know if I do the work I WILL be successful, not as in making that first dollar, but my ultimate goal of replacing my j-o-b income by Dec so I can focus on doing what I enjoy instead of what I "have to", this of course will involve continuing the 20+ hrs/wk I've already invested in just week one, but it beats slaving for 40-50 at my job ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.