The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

27 year old man from Pune, MH, India

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Hello,

My name is Ajit. I am a 27 year old man from Pune,MH, India.

I was into job for 40 months with an IT service company. Then at the end of 2016 came across The Millionaire Fastlane - a powerful read. It changed my mindset and brought me into execution mode.

I tried different businesses while in a job- Selling Vegetables to restaurants, Selling snacks on social networks. But unfortunately I realized that I do not have any momentum. I was executing on weekends but realized that I am going nowhere. The reason was simple- my job was stealing my time.

I quit my job and started my company in headhunting space . I have found a niche where I can make an impact in terms of magnitude.

Day 1:

Progress:

I Have a paying client(of course after 6 months of efforts and knowing the market). Negotiation completed. Have also built a pool of close to 200 candidates to whom I can contact anytime the client needs.

business Challenges

1. Will be receiving payment after 1 month of completion of task (cashflow Problem)

Possible solutions:

1. Lowering down my fees and changing the terms of payment to 7 days.

2. Finding our a payment model where my cash flows are healthy

3. Building a web application where I can charge commission for the use of my platform

Family Challenges

My family does not like me going into business. They want me to be a 9-5 person(In India it sometimes go from 9-9 as well ;))

Possible solutions:

Make a fortune by the age of 30 and make my family proud!!

@MJ DeMarco

Regards
Ajit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello,

My name is Ajit. I am a 27 year old man from Pune,MH, India.

I was into job for 40 months with an IT service company. Then at the end of 2016 came across The Millionaire Fastlane - a powerful read. It changed my mindset and brought me into execution mode.

I tried different businesses while in a job- Selling Vegetables to restaurants, Selling snacks on social networks. But unfortunately I realized that I do not have any momentum. I was executing on weekends but realized that I am going nowhere. The reason was simple- my job was stealing my time.

I quit my job and started my company in headhunting space . I have found a niche where I can make an impact in terms of magnitude.

Day 1:

Progress:

I Have a paying client(of course after 6 months of efforts and knowing the market). Negotiation completed. Have also built a pool of close to 200 candidates to whom I can contact anytime the client needs.

business Challenges

1. Will be receiving payment after 1 month of completion of task (cashflow Problem)

Possible solutions:

1. Lowering down my fees and changing the terms of payment to 7 days.

2. Finding our a payment model where my cash flows are healthy

3. Building a web application where I can charge commission for the use of my platform

Family Challenges

My family does not like me going into business. They want me to be a 9-5 person(In India it sometimes go from 9-9 as well ;))

Possible solutions:

Make a fortune by the age of 30 and make my family proud!!

@MJ DeMarco

Regards
Ajit
Welcome!

For your solutions, I think you've already got some plans of your own. Number 1 and 2 sounds great, while Number 3 feels like a long shot.

For your family, IMO, they just want the best for you in their own way. Just continue doing your thing. If there is a similarity between jobs and entrepreneurship, it is that both answer to a boss or customer and provide value.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Welcome!

For your solutions, I think you've already got some plans of your own. Number 1 and 2 sounds great, while Number 3 feels like a long shot.

For your family, IMO, they just want the best for you in their own way. Just continue doing your thing. If there is a similarity between jobs and entrepreneurship, it is that both answer to a boss or customer and provide value.

Thank You Sir @ZF Lee

I am planning to first understand what problem industry is having . Meanwhile even while working in manual mode , I can learn about the development option available for the development of such web application. Recently I started learning about python. Got to know that this language works fine for web application development considering the number of web development frameworks it provides.

I understand that it takes twice or thrice the time we estimate for the web application development.

As of now , I am not thinking about Android or iOS app as I can hit my target audience even with a web app which is developed so that it can run smoothly even on the mobile phones.

for entire March, I am in manual mode for sure. By the start of April, will start to design the simple web application to know the user feedback.

Waiting for more of your valuable suggestions.

Regards
Ajit

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Welcome Aboard! Glad to see someone from India. I am from Mumbai!

This is your intro thread. Why not create your own progress thread in progress forum.

I can see that you have some plans already. Good to know.

You are learning Python for web application right? I will recommend to first find the need as you are already trying and outsource it?
Instead of wasting time on learning and then developing, testing etc why not solve the needs of others and find those people? in short selling.

You already have IT background, so you can outsource it and get exactly what you want.

There are many IT firms in Pune.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune

This is your intro thread. Why not create your own progress thread in progress forum.

You are learning Python for web application right? I will recommend to first find the need as you are already trying and outsource it?
Instead of wasting time on learning and then developing, testing etc why not solve the needs of others and find those people? in short selling.

You already have IT background, so you can outsource it and get exactly what you want.

Hello @BlackMagician ,

Thanks for the feedback.

What I understand from your suggestion is first I should find out the exact need of the market. Then find out organisations/people who would be interested in buying a software system and then outsource it.

Charging monthly recurring payments for the usage of software OR any payment model that suits it better

This approach will work in the most practical possible way.

Please correct me if wrong.

Will be starting a progress thread today at 10.00 PM.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
I will suggest to read more GOLD threads here first before engaging any action. Take one day to read and implement the next day.

OK Sir @BlackMagician

Thanks for suggesting.

Have started my progress thread. EXECUTION - Headhunting my way to riches

Only objective as of now is figuring out how the MVP should look like. Problems are everywhere in my niche and I am unable to figure out what process shall I implement in web app or business in general which will solve most of the problems.

Not sure if to figure out revenue Model first or design first. Any suggestions ? @ZF Lee

Apart from Gold and Notable threads thinking of reading Lean Startup by Eric R to clear ambiguity .

In Day's time I am working on my business as usual - connecting new clients and finding new leads for . In evening time I am focusing on studying on how to take things on a platform level (Platform as a Service). any suggestions please ? @MJ DeMarco

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not sure if to figure out revenue Model first or design first. Any suggestions ? @ZF Lee
Both come hand in hand, IMO.

If the design is too costly, of course you'd need to have a revenue model that keeps more cash flow coming in.

But revenue models can change in time when you have new products or services.

See if your field of competitors have gaps in their revenue systems and designs that you can patch up.

Alexj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 3, 2019
He

Hey, just joined the forum, glad to know someone from Mumbai is here.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
My advice is, don't learn Python (I do have tech background.)
There are lots and lots of developers who are interested in business opportunities, essentially, to escape the slowlane. You just need to partner with someone. The only problem will be evaluating skills, which is a huge problem even if you did have knowledge. But the classical split of CEO+CTO works very well, so find a partner.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...