The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

25 y/o from Belgium. Thanks to all

guivs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 24, 2014
Hello,

This is my third post on this forum (the other two posts being the "I've read...").

I would like to take a bit of your time to introduce myself to this inspiring community of like-minded individuals.

Background :

I am a 25 years old guy from Belgium who has graduated from college about one year ago.
At the age of 18, I spent one year as an exchange student in the US (Texas). This has allowed me to open up my eyes to different cultural backgrounds and systems of thinking.

The classical path for most people my age at home is : go to college, get a good diploma and get a job.
And this is exactly what I did : I graduated with a degree in "Economics and Business Management" followed by a master's degree in "Banking and Asset Management".

The courses I followed at University were sometimes interesting sometimes not, but one of them caught my eye the most : entrepreneurship.
The teacher was an old man in his last year of teaching and we could see the passion in his eyes at the first glance. It was obvious that this teacher did not need to be there, but chose to share his passion.
The course did not last long. The plan of the class was this : "Create a business and work like a horse. Then, present it to me. Do it for yourself, not for me. If you do not want to work, do not worry, you will pass this class. But those that do want to take this opportunity, give it your all."

It turns out that this teacher had created, grown and sold many businesses over his lifetime, some of them being introduced on the stock exchange. The passion in this individual inspired me so much. This has driven me to seek different entrepreneurial sources such as TMF , Unscripted , Shark tank.

But, unfortunately, I'm more of a wantrepreneur : i've read many books on the subjects, but no action ! Actually, this post on this forum is more of an action that all I've done in the past. This is shameful. And I will change it.

Right now, I'm working as a project manager and analyst in a big utilities company.

A year from now, I will be fully fastlane or you will not hear from me ever again on this forum. :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

It is time to take action. NOW.

Thanks again MJ and all contributors to this forum that I have yet to discover :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...