• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! 24 Years old: QUIT six-figure Job, Launched two Businesses

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by G_Alexander, Oct 10, 2014.

1. G_Alexander

G_Alexander Does it Cash Flow? Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25,415
    My niche had lots of older, terrible looking websites that were hard to navigate, had bad/grainey pictures, no reviews and and a lack of product info (both product listing descriptions and general resources on the website). These websites don't exude "trust" to the customer.

What I did to build trust and credibility was had suppliers ship me samples of each product (or I paid for them myself and then returned later... so I was only out shipping costs) -- and I took great pictures, 360 degree videos, and wrote amazing (SEO/keyword Juicy) product descriptions. I also implemented Yotpo.com reviews system throughout the webpage and mobile webpage.

In addition to these things, I created a section on my website for "learning" about the products sold, eliminating many questions customers had before ever needing to call us. These resources also make you an "expert" in your product field and can earn you organic links from other websites/forums/blogs who use your information to educate their own followers.

Gepi, Andrew J., Striver and 11 others like this.
  2. Laughingman21

Laughingman21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $876
    That's brilliant to hear as I'm looking to do exactly the same thing myself in a niche I've spotted that's outdated. Do you think your approach would work in any market with outdated websites serving it?

3. G_Alexander

G_Alexander Does it Cash Flow? Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25,415
    Happy Friday! I always love making Friday night posts - I figure most other people are out getting bottles and I'm just over here refining my business :smuggy:

**Milestone Alert** $3,000,000 in sales
    Sometimes I don't want to share these milestones, because I expect more of myself and have wayyyyyy more planned for the future... but I know it is important to reflect along the way. The last 3 and 1/2 years have been a total blur. I think it is because my online business would be plenty to fully occupy most people's time, but then I have the B&M Private Equity business with my partner... and that thing has been ripping along too. One of the big reasons I come share is that I don't want to wake up regretting that I only look forward all the time - so I come here to share with you guys and remind myself of where I started (+ set measurable goals). With that:
    [GALLERY=media, 78]2million-2017 by G_Alexander posted Oct 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM[/GALLERY]
    [GALLERY=media, 77]1million-2017amzn by G_Alexander posted Oct 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM[/GALLERY]
    That's my little online business crossing the $3,000,000 Sales mark for 2017.
    • $2,002,000 on the main website
    • $1,011,000 on Amazon
    At this exact time last year, I was posting how we just hit $1M on the website (and $1.3M including amazon).... can't believe we are more than double that now in just 1 year's time.

My stretch target was increased to $4,000,000 this year. Hoping we can hit that! Honestly, if the B&M business didn't take so much time I think this could have been an even bigger year for the online business. I'll have to buckle down for the holiday season to hit the stretch!! We now have 3 full time employees though, and have and have great plans for 2018 (Walmart.com & more of our own brand) :smile:

I know it might be a little confusing in this thread sometimes because I have two companies in one thread (and I haven't been sharing much about the B&M business with you guys)... but I will share more about that business in the future. We just closed on one of the new locations I mentioned a page ago (a $2,000,000 acquisition) with another one due to happen this month, God willing! Pretty insane.

Keep on keepin' on men (and women)!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. Thetaker24

Thetaker24 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Very inspiring Thread! Keep up the good work! i will keep following this.

5. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,325
    Can't wait for your update of this year's events @G_Alexander . :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Greg R and Certg like this.
  6. danipepino

danipepino Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $395
    @G_Alexander This is so inspirational! We're the same age. Unfortunately, I was too busy playing videogames, reading comics, watching TV and studying to be a slowlaner when I was 18. NOT ANYMORE THOUGH! #onwardandupward

@Eskil

7. Argie

Argie New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $52
    WOW this is very inspirational!!

I really feel motivated by this thread specially because is not success caused by luck or by @G_Alexander being spoonfed, is a work in progress based on hard work and confidence that the effort is worth it.

Keep the updates coming @G_Alexander !!

G_Alexander and Greg R like this.
  8. HackVenture

HackVenture Digital Marketer, Crypto Guy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,323
    Came onto this thread from your Lambo thread and man..

This is one crazy inspiring success story detailing your fastlane journey from start till now.

Kudos and keep breaking records!

Striver and G_Alexander like this.
  9. NaPal

NaPal Done > Perfect Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $607
    @G_Alexander does your primary eCommerce site focus on 1 product, or do you offer multiple products?

Have you had better sales with one or the other?

Are you still only using the dropship method, or are you now taking on inventory?

G_Alexander likes this.
  10. G_Alexander

Rep Bank:
    $25,415
    Thank you all for the kind words!
    Definitely can't wait to share more with you guys this year. I have a HUGE learning lesson to share soon. Lost ~$29,000 last year to fraud. Was attacked over the course of 1.5 months. It's not always peaches and cream running businesses... but that is part of the risk/ cost of doing it. Update coming on that soon. Was painful for an entire day... but I will say that I have moved on and the business has become better/tighter because of it.

Also - I'm too focused on growth to let it slow me down. I have fully accepted and come to terms with it. I have way too much to be happy about to be sad!

1 Niche. Many products.

rpeck90, buildingbetter, Fox and 5 others like this.
  11. Genius01

Genius01 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $848
    Wow!!
    I just read virtually every post in all 11 pages of this thread.
    In one word, you're simply a beast of an achiever.
    And I mean that with every sense of positivity.
    The way you hit (and super-exceed) your goals every year is incredible. And they are not even small goals to begin with.
    You're simply exceptional.
    Thumbs up man!!

Striver and G_Alexander like this.
  12. Angelo_Dhi

Angelo_Dhi PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Dude! I'm just like you. An NYU Stern business grad and worked in IB for a year and had the same sentiments regarding health and lifestyle issues. Now I'm trying my hands on some entrepreneurial activities. I'm also 24 y/o. Let's link up if you want.

13. Counter

Counter New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    Man, that is one hell of a judgement call. Leaving your six figure salary. Many people would have called you an idiot or branded you senseless. But i am happy that it worked out well for you. It is the quality of successful man to fellow your instincts and gut feeling.

14. annagreenang

annagreenang New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    I completely agree with you

advancedyn likes this.
  15. EricBraco

EricBraco New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $119
    Thank you for sharing this with the world!
    Any updates?! Its been 6 months @G_Alexander