The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22 year old in real estate

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
Hello! I'm 22 and my name is Nadia. Graduated college a year ago and my parents really wanted me to become a doctor. Plans changed and I realized I wanted to live my life on my own terms instead of my parent's.

I ended up moving to the Midwest away from my parents to start my life over with next to nothing.

I'm not going to lie. I've spent the last year chasing money. Tried to learn how to use Fiverr selling a niche gig and made up to $50/month. Nothing special but considering my gig took 5 minutes to do, it was pretty cool to make money from not doing much Then again, it's not sustainable and honestly Fiverr has become worse and harder for me to find customers on in the past year. I also tried learning bitcoin but I stopped wasting my time with it because I realized it wasn't creating much value/solving any problems/and frankly I just don't care that much.

I've been working odd jobs for the past year and doing various things like helping flip houses, painting houses, grouting houses, mowing lawns. I've also spent the past year working in property management and finding creative solutions for vacation rental property owners and making $ off of that. It's been fun and I've come across a lot of problems where I've thought "Oh well I wish this product was available because X is really annoying". The only issue I've really had is going from wanting to fix one problem to the next and not sticking with one problem. I have decided though ultimately to go into real estate.

I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane as well as Unscripted and it really reinforced what I figured out from my past jobs in the last year and I'm glad that this community exists. It's really cool to see all these people developing solutions for problems and being able to sustain themselves off of that.

I just took my real estate exam and just got my real estate license and I've been reading tons of books on real estate. I'm really interested in creating a product that will help real estate transactions go more smoothly and I'm looking for a mentor especially in real estate and start investing in real estate as well as sell houses as an agent asap. In return, I'll help you run your social media, websites, and find renters/buyers for your properties as well as make brownies or any other baked good of your choice (I bake a ton).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm looking for a mentor especially in real estate and start investing in real estate as well as sell houses as an agent asap. In return, I'll help you run your social media, websites, and find renters/buyers for your properties as well as make brownies or any other baked good of your choice (I bake a ton).

You're looking for a mentor in the wrong place. Look locally, not on this forum. The percent of people here that are in Kansas City and in real estate is likely 0% or close to it.

I'm not going to lie. I've spent the last year chasing money.

Great job on identifying value creation vs money chasing. You just need exposure in a few different areas before figuring out what's the right fit for you.

I recommend getting exposure outside of real estate as well. Your mindset is currently fixed on real estate, but you might be better in different industries.

Also don't go the "real estate agent" route. Anyone and everyone goes that route. There's a lot easier ways to make money.

At 22, I'd be pushing to do sales for a tech company or something similar. A lot more scale and easier money than learning how to be a real estate agent.

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
You're looking for a mentor in the wrong place. Look locally, not on this forum. The percent of people here that are in Kansas City and in real estate is likely 0% or close to it.

Great job on identifying value creation vs money chasing. You just need exposure in a few different areas before figuring out what's the right fit for you.

I recommend getting exposure outside of real estate as well. Your mindset is currently fixed on real estate, but you might be better in different industries.

Also don't go the "real estate agent" route. Anyone and everyone goes that route. There's a lot easier ways to make money.

Hey! Thanks for the tips! Actually, I meant Kansas but I happen to live in KCMO. There's lots of development and real estate being sold in Kansas. It's way richer than Missouri. Sure, it's not NYC or nearly as big but it's definitely up and coming.

As for mentors, I found a couple in my area through BiggerPockets. Thanks for the tip!

I know becoming a real estate agent isn't fastlane but I really do want to go into the real estate development side of things. I'm just an agent because it pays the bills at the moment. I definitely agree with you though!

I'm definitely open to different things. Thanks for the tips. Appreciate you taking the time out to write this!

Last edited:

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
What'd you study in college? Did you enjoy that?

I was a biology major and I was on the pre-med path. I like science/was good at it but I didn't like the idea that I had to be stuck trading away the next 10 years of my life for something I didn't enjoy that much just to make another 100k.

I thought about becoming a physician's assistant instead for a while but it really just seemed like a downgrade from being a doctor and I still wouldn't be able to create anything. It's just another 9 to 5 job, albeit different.

Gunther Herzog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 22, 2018
Switzerland, at the lake of Lucerne
Welcome in the forum dear @NadiaZ !

I'm glad that this community exists. It's really cool to see all these people developing solutions for problems and being able to sustain themselves off of that.
Hell yeah, this place here is amazing! I hope we can push you.

I thought about becoming a physician's assistant instead for a while but it really just seemed like a downgrade from being a doctor and I still wouldn't be able to create anything. It's just another 9 to 5 job, albeit different.
Thats true. Did you have any other plans?

I know becoming a real estate agent isn't fastlane but I really do want to go into the real estate development side of things. I'm just an agent because it pays the bills at the moment.
In this forum you are perfectly right to change that!

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
Welcome in the forum dear @NadiaZ !

Hell yeah, this place here is amazing! I hope we can push you.

Thats true. Did you have any other plans?

In this forum you are perfectly right to change that!

Hey Gunther! Thanks.

I had a bunch of different ideas this year about entrepreneurship. But I encountered a lot of problems with cosmetics and beauty products I use and I've been listening to some complaints people have since we all have similar skin problems in a lot of the skincare groups I'm part of on Facebook and Reddit. I guess it stems from the fact that I like biology and mixing chemicals and stuff sounds fun but I also think that there's lots of problems in the industry that needs to be fixed. That being said, I'm not sure whether I should go through with it because it's highly competitive/don't know if my products would sell so I'm trying to figure it out by asking people in various skincare/cosmetics forums.

In the past year, I've been working a lot in real estate so I'm trying to get into development.

Gunther Herzog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 22, 2018
Switzerland, at the lake of Lucerne
@NadiaZ your welcome!
But I encountered a lot of problems with cosmetics and beauty products I use and I've been listening to some complaints people have since we all have similar skin problems in a lot of the skincare groups I'm part of on Facebook and Reddit.
So there we already have the N of the N-E-C-S-T Commandments, the Need.
Thats a start. Now let's go through the other ones:

E: Entry; Is it difficult to get started with producing and engineering new cosmetics and beauty products?
Yes, if you want develop some kind of new cosmetic that has various advantages to current ones it will be difficult.
C: Control; Are you in control of all things inside the business?
Depends on how you do it. If you do it wisely, you will have total control over everything.
S: Scale; Is it scaleable? Can you go from 1 to 10 and from 10 thousand to 10 millions?
Oh yeah you can! If sell over the internet, you have about half of the world's population as a potential customer! (All the woman and some man)
T: Time; Is it possible to seperate the value your system provides from your time?
If you can outsource, automate or use human capital. (but only if the margins are thick enogh)​

In resume we could say:
Thats a pretty potent FASTLANE idea.
depositphotos_32841055-stock-photo-fast-lane-road-sign-illustration.jpg

But as we now, a good idea is worth nothing without execution. Execution is king. Action. Massive Action! That is what adds speed to the fastlane equation.
I hope I was able to help you with my little fastlane n-e-c-s-t anylsing.

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
@NadiaZ your welcome!

So there we already have the N of the N-E-C-S-T Commandments, the Need.
Thats a start. Now let's go through the other ones:

E: Entry; Is it difficult to get started with producing and engineering new cosmetics and beauty products?
Yes, if you want develop some kind of new cosmetic that has various advantages to current ones it will be difficult.
C: Control; Are you in control of all things inside the business?
Depends on how you do it. If you do it wisely, you will have total control over everything.
S: Scale; Is it scaleable? Can you go from 1 to 10 and from 10 thousand to 10 millions?
Oh yeah you can! If sell over the internet, you have about half of the world's population as a potential customer! (All the woman and some man)
T: Time; Is it possible to seperate the value your system provides from your time?
If you can outsource, automate or use human capital. (but only if the margins are thick enogh)​

In resume we could say:
Thats a pretty potent FASTLANE idea.
depositphotos_32841055-stock-photo-fast-lane-road-sign-illustration.jpg

But as we now, a good idea is worth nothing without execution. Execution is king. Action. Massive Action! That is what adds speed to the fastlane equation.
I hope I was able to help you with my little fastlane n-e-c-s-t anylsing.

Thank you for outlining all of that! That was motivating!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...