The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22-year-old college student blows her $90,000 college fund and blames her parents

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Should probably be euthanized..
I understand that was in jest but still... man. However She does need a good hard slap to wake her up to reality
"they’re not being honest with me saying they don't have [money] because my dad has worked for like a million years and they have a retirement account.”
Damn how has she managed to get this far?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Your grandparents martyr themselves to provide you with the opportunity to live a better life.. And the turnout is this?

I stick to my original statement.

I'm not arguing against flipping burgers. You get the life you choose. So someone has to be the janitor. There's something unsettling about this article though

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
On the flip side of that coin... It isn't that hard to spend 30k per year. With 20k per year in tuition she had 10 left per year... It wasn't like she was chartering private jets...

She needed income.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Unless the person went from mega rich to flat broke, honestly, I think it's a complete waste of everyone's time to spend even 30 seconds thinking about these narratives. As @Kak said, $40K is not a substantial amount of money.

Spectacular failures (pro athlete who signed for $15M goes broke 3 years later) are worth analyzing because they show us what not to do in a poignant way. Rags-to-riches success stories show us what to do for ourselves. But "started average and went nowhere," that's like the life story of 90% of the earth. The average bank account balance in the USA in 2013 was under $4500. Nearly 1/3 of all adults have no savings at all. This isn't newsworthy. It isn't exceptional. It's the most normal, uninteresting thing in the world. "Sidewalker comes by a small sum of money, can't even manage that properly, goes even more broke." We don't need to dissect those here. If you're really interested in a forensic analysis of this phenomenon, just go outside and talk to the first person you see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.