The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 Powerful Books That Changed My Life

J_Cup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 14, 2017
Poland
Hi!

I'm Jacob and I grew up with a toxic parent who taught me that everything is impossible. When your father tells you that the Universe is against you, the rich people are thieves and there is no Santa, you can believe that there is nothing to fight for.

My Story

It was about 2-3 moths before matriculation exams and I was drunk playing guitar in the school club instead of sitting in the classroom. It's how I spent 50% of the time in second and third grade. In Poland after 3 years of learning in high school, you have to take exams if you want to study in college. I was not an idiot, I programmed for fun(when sober) and played in a music band, but I knew that I was not able to pass exam good enough to get to IT college.

I decided to cut off alcohol, joy and began to learn 16 hours a day. Every day was planned and I was focused ONLY on math. And I won. I was able to get into University of Technology on one of the most difficult IT course there (I guess only architecture was harder). I was really happy that I "won my life" but then again started drinking because there was no need to learn all day at the time. Going to college was like moving from Sidewalk to Slowlane.

I was very proud. I dreamed about working in a big company... and then I found The Millionaire Fastlane .

I thought I was doing well, but I've been running in the wrong direction. TMF introduced Fastlane. It was the time I started making money for living smarter(not too much cash but without selling a lot of time) and I had more time for code and useful books.

Now

I'm no longer in college. I earned enough money to stay more time at home so now I can work 10-14h/day for me. A few days ago I finished reading Unscripted and I think this book is even better. It's more specified, I mean it is gold for somebody who knows something about fastlane. Now I'm about creating first "bigger" app. I know it won't give me a lot but I have to gather experience. Do you think it's good path? Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that I'm better by the day.

I would like to contribute to this community. I don't have much to give yet and I'm not very good at English but at the moment

I want to thank you @MJ DeMarco and gold thread authors for all your hard work. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to thank you @MJ DeMarco and gold thread authors for all your hard work.

You're welcome. I click the thread expecting to see some other books being lauded. Nice surprise to see they were mine. Happy to hear they've made a difference.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...