The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*2* My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE *2*

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Your giving us at the forum a bad name. And InLikeFlint is doing himself the best favor by getting involved with me. He knows this as well. I am someone of ambition, intelligence ,and growth and hes apart of something great. It seems like you aren't doing yourself any favors by trying to knock me down instead of being insightful, asking questions and learning what you need to learn. I expect your next post to be more meaningful.
:rofl:

If Vigilante is giving the forum a bad name I can't even imagine how bad the rest of us make this place look.

No leg humping here but he was appointed Moderator for a reason. His reputation is far ahead of most for a reason. He provides value. He provides, you're attempting to take..and you're telling one of the most respected members here what you "expect from him" ?

:smx4:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

If Vigilante is giving the forum a bad name I can't even imagine how bad the rest of us make this place look.

No leg humping here but he was appointed Moderator for a reason. His reputation is far ahead of most for a reason. He provides value. He provides, you're attempting to take..and you're telling one of the most respected members here what you "expect from him" ?

No worries Jake. Thanks for the kind words.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Respectfully, maybe this is a poor investment of your time. It's almost 30 days now, most of us just don't get it. At least those with the ability to write 14k checks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Um what is his business plan / model???

I want to know what his company does in like 3 sentences.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
This guy is making the young guys look bad :/

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yale,

You're taking a beating because you're hard-headed; if your brain was a piece of coal, it'd be a diamond by now.

First, it seems that any advice outside of "give me money" is chided.

Kickstarter?
Ill look into it. Give me money.

Credit cards?

SBA?

Apply some entrepreneurial ingenuity and earn the $14K?

Second, you act as if we DO NOT want you to succeed. Actually, we do -- however we take issue with the fact that you want the shortcut.

You want entrepreneurship to be a magic pill that you can buy at the Walgreens and swallow. You come across as an entitled child because you obtained some type of local legendary status. It's obvious you don't want to learn from your own research. You don't want to heed advice. You don't want anything that falls outside of the box you've set for yourself, and that's "give me money" because I was the star quarterback in high school.

The oceans may have parted for you while you walked the hallways of your high school, but you will find that real life is not so forgiving. Don't believe me? Walk into a bank with your story, tell them you have have no assets, no income, and no net worth -- see how long you last at the banker's desk.

Third, this is not the place to solicit for loans or investors, so again, I'm going to ask you to STOP.

And finally, if your product must launch by November, I'd highly recommend that you start getting your hustle on and earn the bread yourself. Or follow the advice already provided here (i.e. Kickstarter, Indiegogo, credit cards, etc.). Also check out some of the "hustle" threads.

While I feel you're totally misguided in your approach, I do wish you success.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
::update. Somehow his rep speed went negative (I didn't know this was even possible.) He was kicked into a review status internally. It will be adjusted later today. Sorry for the site error and it generated several alert messages. Ironic, but we'll see how to get it corrected when the head site mechanic is able to take a look at it.::

Meanwhile, if you want to avoid having your Reputation Speed turn red like this, while we are fixing the bug check out:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/forum-news-updates-faqs/47120-adding-value-fast-lane-forum.html

Well now you have come on a better note. Still upset with earlier but thanks for the insightful contribution.

A lot of you have been giving me great advice on what to do for the loans. I'm sure he has done some good stuff for the forum but here he did not. That is why I said I expected better, especially as a moderator. And yes I have the position to say that because he's not better than anyone we are equals. If I'm wrong I admit it, If he was wrong he was wrong. I'm not the only one who thinks this on the forum.

I don't care if my rep is low, and I really don't care about anyone's misinterpretations of my character or company. I have done NOTHING wrong except for set straight people who needed to be set straight. Most of the people here just don't have the balls to do it because they respect him cause he has money. Guess what, you have to EARN my respect. And if your giving me the wrong impression of you ill tell you how it is. Be a leader not a follower.

Respectfully, maybe this is a poor investment of your time. It's almost 30 days now, most of us just don't get it. At least those with the ability to write 14k checks.

Definitely. I'm getting off here today and I'm not trying for people to write me checks, I'm trying to take out the loan. And its a shame that people haven't tried its literally having one of the biggest investment opportunities right in your face to make money. As if someone like Mark Zuckerberg came here before he started Facebook. The guys that had the ability to do so but didn't are going to lose it when they see what I've done.
Your first thread was epic but not for the reasons that you think it was epic.
This threads going to be epic because its gonna be the thread when I came here before I made the empire and no one invested lol. Surely will be one for fast lane history, and documentaries.

Um what is his business plan / model???

I want to know what his company does in like 3 sentences.

How about three words? We evolve music.

Yale,

You're taking a beating because you're hard-headed; if your brain was a piece of coal, it'd be a diamond by now.

Second, you act as if we DO NOT want you to succeed. Actually, we do -- however we take issue with the fact that you want the shortcut.

Third, this is not the place to solicit for loans or investors, so again, I'm going to ask you to STOP.

And finally, if your product must launch by November, I'd highly recommend that you start getting your hustle on and earn the bread yourself. Or follow the advice already provided here (i.e. Kickstarter, Indiegogo, credit cards, etc.). Also check out some of the "hustle" threads.

While I feel you're totally misguided in your approach, I do wish you success.

Its not a shortcut I just have to have it this week. I'm going to go for the credit cards. As I keep saying I don't want anyone on here to invest, I was set on the loan from the beginning of this thread and still am. I'm off this thread today. Thanks for the advice. Be sure to follow up on the progress thread, radio or television.

Last edited by a moderator:

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Alright guys, I just cancelled Hulu and Netflix. This is enough entertainment to last me a lifetime.

1677257476001_2063243233001_nns-day2-high-two922x520.jpg

If you're not first, you're last. Shake and bake!

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia

"Cut the shit DeMarco!"
-yale

I was thinking about this... I'm sitting here hanging on every word of this thread... and the ways Yale is acting is really making me angry.
Why am I sitting here watching the train-wreck?

And then I realize it's because I want him to succeed. I want to see that moment... where he steps back.. and looks at all the great advice in front of him... and goes "woah". I'm waiting for the part of the story where there's a change in mentality and he changes, apologizes, and sets off to work.

I think that's why everybody's sticking around this thread, and reading, and getting hotblooded. We all want yale to succeed, we all want to see him work hard, hustle, fund his dreams, and become a multimillionaire by seizing a unique opportunity that he was smart enough to see. But it's just not happening.

Sometimes it's hard to let go of our preconceived ideas.They're comforting.

I do understand the pushback.. when somebody says "You're arrogant" "You don't know how to take advice" etc...

You see yourself as a very reasonable person. You're smart, intelligent, and kindhearted. You might even be the smartest person you've ever met, and I wouldn't doubt it's 100% true.

But there's a huge difference between relative enlightenment, and absolute enlightenment.

You might be more compassionate, humble, and accepting of new ideas than the people around you... but when it comes to the people I've encountered in this specific social environment, you're the LEAST willing to learn.

Everybody here wants you to succeed. You've got several multimillionaires taking time out of their busy day to help you. They're not here to argue, they're trying to MAKE you listen because they want to show you what they've learned.

I know "you're not here to make friends, you're here to raise money". And everybody here is trying to tell you that it just simply doesn't work like that. You raise money BY making friends.

Something I recently learned:
Something I didn't understand until I started my latest venture.. was how much more goes into a business than I thought.

You can have the best software, the best marketing skills, can raise money like a boss.. and still fall flat on your a$$ because you didn't make a good hiring decision, or you accidentally build your software for a firmware that was soon outdated.

It's not always about you skills, or your idea, or even your work ethic. it's about EVERY SINGLE PEICE coming together at the right time. An entrepreneur has got to be good at a LOT of things.

I think one of the small pieces that isn't falling into place for you.. is this whole 'people skills' thing. there are hundreds of potential investors that are reading this and NOT contacting you because they don't like the way you hold yourself.

It doesn't matter if it's not representative of the real you, it doesn't matter if back home you're the nicest guy on the block. Right here, right now, the skillset that's blocking your path to success is being humble, and learning to make friends.

You should thank people for their time, even if you don't agree with what they say. If somebody tells you he thinks you'll fall flat on your face because of X... you should still say "think you for your time sir". and then move on.

Every time you respond to a post and say "THIS is an intelligent post people! THIS post makes points" you're insulting everybody else... and even if you feel they deserve it, it's maybe not something you should be doing.

I'm not trying to preach here. I want you to win. I sat here for 40 minutes to write this. It's because I want you to succeed.

I think there's too much mental noise right now for you to get what you want, and I think November will come and go, and your opportunity will pass you up. I think you'll learn from the whole experience and start making friends so the next time you see an opportunity you can jump on it.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You may very well be right. Some of us may be missing a great opportunity. Pretty unlikely, I believe. If so, we'll get to say "I missed out on that guy's deal when he was just starting out. I chose not too play because he was just too much of an (insert Descriptive Noun here)."

More likely though, you'll just get bored and fade away never to be heard from again, just like so many others. Sigh.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
This reminds me of the shitty singers on American Idol who cursed the judges for "making the biggest mistake of their careers" by not sending them to Hollywood....

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
This reminds me of the shitty singers on American Idol who cursed the judges for "making the biggest mistake of their careers" by not sending them to Hollywood....

[video=youtube;d1KuhJKBBbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1KuhJKBBbM[/video]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;7S97pcpVeTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S97pcpVeTA[/video]

Oh my god, the accuracy of the second one, I'm literally dying right now!!!!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Its not a shortcut I just have to have it this week.

LOL, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become a millionaire just so long as it happens this week.

You son, are a contradiction.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I was thinking about this... I'm sitting here hanging on every word of this thread... and the ways Yale is acting is really making me angry.
Why am I sitting here watching the train-wreck?

And then I realize it's because I want him to succeed. I want to see that moment... where he steps back.. and looks at all the great advice in front of him... and goes "woah". I'm waiting for the part of the story where there's a change in mentality and he changes, apologizes, and sets off to work.

I think that's why everybody's sticking around this thread, and reading, and getting hotblooded. We all want yale to succeed, we all want to see him work hard, hustle, fund his dreams, and become a multimillionaire by seizing a unique opportunity that he was smart enough to see. But it's just not happening.

Sometimes it's hard to let go of our preconceived ideas.They're comforting.

I do understand the pushback.. when somebody says "You're arrogant" "You don't know how to take advice" etc...

You see yourself as a very reasonable person. You're smart, intelligent, and kindhearted. You might even be the smartest person you've ever met, and I wouldn't doubt it's 100% true.

But there's a huge difference between relative enlightenment, and absolute enlightenment.

You might be more compassionate, humble, and accepting of new ideas than the people around you... but when it comes to the people I've encountered in this specific social environment, you're the LEAST willing to learn.

Everybody here wants you to succeed. You've got several multimillionaires taking time out of their busy day to help you. They're not here to argue, they're trying to MAKE you listen because they want to show you what they've learned.

I know "you're not here to make friends, you're here to raise money". And everybody here is trying to tell you that it just simply doesn't work like that. You raise money BY making friends.

Something I recently learned:
Something I didn't understand until I started my latest venture.. was how much more goes into a business than I thought.

You can have the best software, the best marketing skills, can raise money like a boss.. and still fall flat on your a$$ because you didn't make a good hiring decision, or you accidentally build your software for a firmware that was soon outdated.

It's not always about you skills, or your idea, or even your work ethic. it's about EVERY SINGLE PEICE coming together at the right time. An entrepreneur has got to be good at a LOT of things.

I think one of the small pieces that isn't falling into place for you.. is this whole 'people skills' thing. there are hundreds of potential investors that are reading this and NOT contacting you because they don't like the way you hold yourself.

It doesn't matter if it's not representative of the real you, it doesn't matter if back home you're the nicest guy on the block. Right here, right now, the skillset that's blocking your path to success is being humble, and learning to make friends.

You should thank people for their time, even if you don't agree with what they say. If somebody tells you he thinks you'll fall flat on your face because of X... you should still say "think you for your time sir". and then move on.

Every time you respond to a post and say "THIS is an intelligent post people! THIS post makes points" you're insulting everybody else... and even if you feel they deserve it, it's maybe not something you should be doing.

I'm not trying to preach here. I want you to win. I sat here for 40 minutes to write this. It's because I want you to succeed.

I think there's too much mental noise right now for you to get what you want, and I think November will come and go, and your opportunity will pass you up. I think you'll learn from the whole experience and start making friends so the next time you see an opportunity you can jump on it.

Thank you Dennis. I think you helped me see that people want me to succeed here. If I came here for investments it would have been a making friends mindset. And also I feel that a lot of emotions carried over from my first thread to this one for a lot of posters, which made the vibe hard for me right from the beginning. Winning friends and people is my strong point. I'm a social psychologist, I can see dynamics intentions and emotions out of every corner of someone. Its just that as I said people tried to get me from the beginning and also when I stood up for myself against a moderator all the people who looked up to them got upset.

Yes, being a successful entrepreneur is the WHOLE picture not just an idea. If I had just an idea and not the whole picture I wouldn't be making claims as I do. But the whole thing is there. November isn't going to pass me by I am 100% sure of that. This company is going to rise, and now. I thank you for your empathy and your sympathy that you've had this whole time throughout the thread.

You may very well be right. Some of us may be missing a great opportunity. Pretty unlikely, I believe. If so, we'll get to say "I missed out on that guy's deal when he was just starting out. I chose not too play because he was just too much of an (insert Descriptive Noun here)."

More likely though, you'll just get bored and fade away never to be heard from again, just like so many others. Sigh.

Yes I am right, people are missing out. There's no chance I can fail or will "fade away" because this is every part of my being. But that's cool I know what I have to do to get the money myself.

lmao far from that my friend. This reminds me more of when bill gates went to a coder to develop Microsoft and he turned him down. He would have been one of the richest men in the world right now, but he committed suicide. Its an inspiring story I live by that shows the value of opportunity.

LOL, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become a millionaire just so long as it happens this week.

You son, are a contradiction.

you didn't see my post to you before? it has to be done this week because there's a deadline.

Explain. What brings you money?

Performances, Events, EP/Album Sales, Song Sales, Radio Movie and Television Royalties, Merchandise. Every way music or events make money.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I stand by my quote that I made on the original thread on the first day.

And I would like to add..

Usually dumbasses don't realize they are dumbasses..

You guys call me this and that but none of you give me a legitimate reason why. Maybe if you did I would listen, instead of just being expected to conform to accusations with no sustenance. If someone was able to give me a REAL reason to my faults then I would be able to address them.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
If you want to know how the people on this forum make money. Including people who have started more recently than others, even if they are not multimillionaires yet, they are working hard at it. I would suggest you read a few progress threads and think about what those people are doing. They hustle!.

I can suggest one that I have gotten to watch in person from the start to where it is now.
If I were you, I would read the Progress Thread of The Paintbrush Cover from beginning to end by Likwid 24. He didn't come on here and post he wanted money from anyone and he did get his chops busted in the beginning as we all do when we start asking questions before looking for answers.

I happen to work with the guy at our Slowlane job and I can tell you firsthand, he busted his a$$ to get things done. There are other good threads out there you can look at ways people have done things to make money. Even the one who posted today about making money getting tickets to a football game. I read as many of them as I can before I ask questions. Even then, I still don't know if I ask the right questions. But when you see MJ and Vigilante post something and know they both can take a vacation whenever they want because they are retired, I would think they are the guys you should listen to! There is a reason your Reputation Speed currently states In Reverse but you can change that.

Your own ideas have not gotten you to their level yet, so why not stop talking/arguing and listen for a little while. People are here to help you succeed. But they will treat you harshly when you just come on and ask for an amount of money. Not because they want to hurt your feelings but because they want you to know you can do this yourself!

That being said, Good luck and I hope you get everything you want.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Most of the people here just don't have the balls to do it because they respect him cause he has money. Guess what, you have to EARN my respect. And if your giving me the wrong impression of you ill tell you how it is. Be a leader not a follower.
Follower...right. Read around a bit and you may begin to respect some members here. Respect has nothing to do with money. Bank accounts aren't advertised here. Unless you go around begging for $14k

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Why are you still posting here?

Pull the following elements out of your rhetoric:

• I need $14k this week
  • My business will eclipse the second coming of Christ
  • You all are a bunch of losers, haters and followers and need to earn my respect
...and explain to me - why are you still posting here? What do you hope to gain? You're not interested in advice. You're not interested in gaining the favor of those that might be in a position to help you. Are you here just to be noisy? Are you one of those people that need to feel the world is against them and will make that happen at any cost? Are you looking for disciples?

Honestly, I haven't seen any value yet in your posts. Enlighten me, but for crying out loud, check your friggin' ego at the door and stop deflecting every. single. response. If this is just your dick swinging contest, move on with your life. If not, explain in three concise sentences what your message is and what you want. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when it all looks like chaff.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Why are you still posting here?

Pull the following elements out of your rhetoric:

• I need $14k this week
  • My business will eclipse the second coming of Christ
  • You all are a bunch of losers, haters and followers and need to earn my respect
...and explain to me - why are you still posting here? What do you hope to gain? You're not interested in advice. You're not interested in gaining the favor of those that might be in a position to help you. Are you here just to be noisy? Are you one of those people that need to feel the world is against them and will make that happen at any cost? Are you looking for disciples?

Honestly, I haven't seen any value yet in your posts. Enlighten me, but for crying out loud, check your friggin' ego at the door and stop deflecting every. single. response. If this is just your dick swinging contest, move on with your life. If not, explain in three concise sentences what your message is and what you want. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when it all looks like chaff.

3 sentences. The only purpose of this thread was to learn to take out a loan. I'm getting my credit cards now. Since I got my advice I'm done posting, thank you.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR