The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 months post launch...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

My intro thread is here for anyone interested.

Long story short I have been working every hour I can outside of my day job for the past 18 months or so building my SaaS. I launched at the beginning of July and had. a few signups (non paying) immediately and got excellent feedback from them.

I made some amends to my app and did some basic advertising on Quora, Reddit and Google. Traffic has been decent and signups consistent. I have signups from literally all over the world.

I think this means my idea is valid. People are continually coming to the site and signing up, however the problem is no-one is moving beyond the free trial. I have spoken with experts in the industry I'm tackling, and I myself used to be a professional in this industry. My domain knowledge is very high.

Anyway.... any experience here on getting paid members? My budgets are low right now for advertising etc so I can't do a huge amount in that regard.

I don't know the rules here surrounding posting links to your businesses, so I won't do that unless requested. Moreso looking for advice and tales about others who got out of the free trial zone.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

I'll offer my perspective, with the caveat that I have not successfully done what you've done.

When it comes to SaaS, my take is that people will not pay for a premium if the free offering satisfies their need. As an example, I use coursera on occasion to learn new skills. If I paid, I'd get the course certificate, but I don't need it because I don't care about the recognition, I only care about being able to do the skill. I'm not sure how you currently have your SaaS set up, but you may be giving away the goods in the free model enough that people don't feel compelled to pay for anything beyond that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.