The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 year old's entreprenuerial journey starting from the bottom

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
I feel a little bit of momentum going my way because its been two days that I've done my 5 daily goals. My sleep is getting better, I'm going to the gym, I'm eating healthy. I'm doing a better job of taking care of myself. However, I need to make progress financially!
Make it a habit to do these 5 things daily and soon you won't need to waste your willpower on doing these. Then, use your willpower to its fullest on your entrepreneurship goals.
All the best!
Note: The reason people are telling you to wake up early is that the first 4 hours after you wake up, your willpower and mental strength is at its peak. Suppose you get a job that starts at 1 pm. You are used to waking up at 12 pm or 12:30 pm. Your motivation will be wasted on your job which may not be your entrepreneurship goal. Besides, research shows that human metabolism is meant to function well if you follow the morning routine. If you change it randomly (like waking up at 4 am and sometimes at 12 pm etc) your body will need time to cope up with your changes. It is that time where your body won't function perfectly. If you start a new goal during that time, chances are that your "physical" motivation will be bounded and you will fail.
I am glad that you are being consistent in waking up at 9 am. Try to make it 8 am within 2 weeks.
As per your goal is concerned, this is just advice, but you could try visiting some freelancing websites. Look at the job offers and the frequency with which they are posted. If you think you can make big in web designing, look at your competition bidding in such projects, message them and ask them for advice and do the needful. Once again, good luck on your journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
My ideal daily schedule breaks down like this:

9.5hrs of work
8hrs of sleep
2 hrs workout, shower, shave, and commute
1.5 hrs misc(groceries, eating, etc)
3hrs free time

Also remember consistency. Having one good day a week means nothing if you end up doing nothing the other 6 days.
That's a great daily routine. Could you break it down in terms of hours? Like how you start your day at a certain time and what schedule do you follow throughout the day?

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Make it a habit to do these 5 things daily and soon you won't need to waste your willpower on doing these. Then, use your willpower to its fullest on your entrepreneurship goals.
All the best!
Note: The reason people are telling you to wake up early is that the first 4 hours after you wake up, your willpower and mental strength is at its peak. Suppose you get a job that starts at 1 pm. You are used to waking up at 12 pm or 12:30 pm. Your motivation will be wasted on your job which may not be your entrepreneurship goal. Besides, research shows that human metabolism is meant to function well if you follow the morning routine. If you change it randomly (like waking up at 4 am and sometimes at 12 pm etc) your body will need time to cope up with your changes. It is that time where your body won't function perfectly. If you start a new goal during that time, chances are that your "physical" motivation will be bounded and you will fail.
I am glad that you are being consistent in waking up at 9 am. Try to make it 8 am within 2 weeks.
As per your goal is concerned, this is just advice, but you could try visiting some freelancing websites. Look at the job offers and the frequency with which they are posted. If you think you can make big in web designing, look at your competition bidding in such projects, message them and ask them for advice and do the needful. Once again, good luck on your journey!
Thanks man. With my job that is starting in less than two weeks, I'll be travelling my first week so I'll have to wake up at 6:30 am everyday. After that first week is over, I'll be working from home and my wake up time will be around 8 am for the job.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Dude.

Set some real goals and stick to them. You need to start thinking about what you want and how you're going to get it.

Let me ask you something. What are some of your biggest accomplishments? Your job, for example, originated as a goal/desire. What about your fitness habit? That used to be a goal as well. Write down and list your accomplishments, as many of them as you can.

Now take your three most difficult accomplishments. What steps did you take to turn them into reality? How did you accomplish them? Write down the exact steps you took to accomplish them.

It seems like you're getting triggers and motivation to start doing more. You want more from life than you're currently getting. That's a good thing. But you need to imagine.

Create a clear result in your mind of what you want and how you're going to take massive action and use all your energy to get to it.

Now on paper, come up with a list of things you want to achieve, create, have, do and/or experience in the next 15 years. Write down everything you want to have, do, or be in your lifetime.

Go over that list of desires and pick the things you feel like you can do in the next one year. Summarize to yourself why you're going to achieve those desires and think about what you're going to do to get them.

Hopefully that helps. I think this should give you something to work with.
That list didn't really help. I've tried it in the past. The thing is, these lifetime goals are so vague. I know I want to have a big audience, I know I want to run successful businesses, I know I want to reach my highest potential in all areas of life. But these vague goals can't get more specific because most of the specifics are learned during the process, and these specifics are always changing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 11 - Thursday July 4 2019

Current big commitment(s):

- Have my first Fastlane win.

Current entrepreneurial ventures:
- Will start a merchandising side hustle where I'll be selling t-shirts and clothing at events.

Current earnings through entrepreneurship:
- None.

Other earnings:
- None for approximately the next two weeks until my new job starts.

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 9 am.
- Did my 5 daily goals that I set for the next two weeks, such as working out.
- Continued documenting my journey. Will buy a video camera soon to start a youtube channel and make some social media content. Will also start a blog.
- No real progress in terms of entrepreneurship.
- Sleeping at 1 am or earlier.

Today's rating:
- I need to make progress with my venture.

Commitment(s) for tomorrow:
- Make some progress on my merchandising venture.

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
you did nothing today aside from gym?

I think you shouldn’t bother keep track of your entrepreneurial earnings if you haven’t started making money yet. Saves you time.

Try waking up earlier than 9am as a challenge. Test your willpower and do 6am.

Take more action man

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.