The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 Years old and starting now

Jake Studebaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 5, 2017
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Hello Fastlaners,
My name is Jake Studebaker and I am living just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. I am 17 years old and I have just launched my travel based blog and clothing line as of the 24th. I am super stoked because TMF was the first self-help/ business book I ever read and I am glad to say it has pushed me to finally chase my number one goal which is to take and Audi R8 to my senior prom. I only have one year and I know that this goal is insane, but that's why I am excited. I have the motivation now and since the launch of my website I have been up until 12 and getting up at 5 because I have to try and work on this and my class work. I

Again, I can't stress how excited I am and really how energized I am by TMF . I want to thank MJ for creating this quality piece of content and I cannot wait to see how the upcoming year plays out! I promise to keep you all updated throughout the year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hello Fastlaners,
My name is Jake Studebaker and I am living just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. I am 17 years old and I have just launched my travel based blog and clothing line as of the 24th. I am super stoked because TMF was the first self-help/ business book I ever read and I am glad to say it has pushed me to finally chase my number one goal which is to take and Audi R8 to my senior prom. I only have one year and I know that this goal is insane, but that's why I am excited. I have the motivation now and since the launch of my website I have been up until 12 and getting up at 5 because I have to try and work on this and my class work. I

Again, I can't stress how excited I am and really how energized I am by TMF . I want to thank MJ for creating this quality piece of content and I cannot wait to see how the upcoming year plays out! I promise to keep you all updated throughout the year!

Good luck bro, I wish I had of read the book when I was your age-its great you have a basically a headstart at 17 than most people in general-Good luck with the goal but as MJ says enjoy the process-Its not all about the event-But the Audi at prom would be nice.

Persistance is the key...along with constant motivation-Dont let it drop!

Hope you make it!

curiouswolf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 24, 2017
Indiana
Hello Fastlaners,

Wish you the best, my man! Just curious - because you discovered the fastlane while in high school, what are your plans regarding college?

Jake Studebaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 5, 2017
Wish you the best, my man! Just curious - because you discovered the fastlane while in high school, what are your plans regarding college?

I don't know man. I have talked to a few people and the message I tend to get is that a college degree is worth it, but not if you are going to be making your own path. The only true value in college is the connections you make, so right now I am looking at some schools in DC and LA in an attempt to pick the right places to build professional relationships.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

curiouswolf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 24, 2017
Indiana
I don't know man. I have talked to a few people and the message I tend to get is that a college degree is worth it, but not if you are going to be making your own path. The only true value in college is the connections you make, so right now I am looking at some schools in DC and LA in an attempt to pick the right places to build professional relationships.

What do you think?
Yeah, that's true. We hear so much mixed advice that it's confusing to know what to follow. As a college sophomore, I believe that university is worth it not just for the networking, but for the experience.
The environment is an incubator for sprouting new ideas. You will likely have 9+ hours of free-time each day to learn and do anything you want. Also, being surrounded by young, hungry people on the same mission as you allows for the perfect opportunity to collaborate and find potential partners for business.
That being said, the debt will F*ck you in the long run if you aren't careful. So if you do go, find the cheapest route possible.

--Good luck on your website, bro! I'm in the works of setting up something similar.

Jake Studebaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 5, 2017
Any updates?
So, for an update, I have pivoted my e-commerce business's goal and I have recently got my first major client and I am in the process of closing on my second. It isn't as tough as I feel so many people make it out to be. I have just discovered that if you don't grind you don't get anywhere. I have now gone a new daily routine and the work I am doing is genuine productive and positive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...