The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 Year Old's Story about Importing From China

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Sorry man, I am not sure why this is happening for some people. My load times have also shot up in the last couple weeks, I just sent a less-than-nice email over to my host...

Thanks a lot for letting me know though, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Will

Home now, chrome brought it up but still awful load times. Some plugin or ad server, cc.simplesearch.com is where chrome got hung up. Never did complete the load.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida
Home now, chrome brought it up but still awful load times. Some plugin or ad server, cc.simplesearch.com is where chrome got hung up. Never did complete the load.

Wow, thanks a lot man. My host support is really giving me trouble now, this helped me more than they have so far - thank you.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Ok, so I noticed a lot of companies don't take paypal but they still are gold members and have all the other criteria, but they only do the tele transfer thing. Avoid this? I found 1 that will do paypal so far so I am going to get a sample from them.

With the T/T, is there any way to leverage it? Or do you have to have the funds in your bank account? With paypal you can just pay with a cc which makes it nice.

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida
Ok, so I noticed a lot of companies don't take paypal but they still are gold members and have all the other criteria, but they only do the tele transfer thing. Avoid this? I found 1 that will do paypal so far so I am going to get a sample from them.

With the T/T, is there any way to leverage it? Or do you have to have the funds in your bank account? With paypal you can just pay with a cc which makes it nice.

T/T you will need the cash now. I wouldn't do business with a company that only took T/T. At the very least I need Escrow, but I want PayPal.

Definitely don't send money without protection though, because it will likely be stolen.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Finally!!!! I searched for this thread for hours before I started studying I glimpsed it on tapatalk wanted to get back to it hahaa Thanks Will I'm gonna give this a shot:icon_super:

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida
Finally!!!! I searched for this thread for hours before I started studying I glimpsed it on tapatalk wanted to get back to it hahaa Thanks Will I'm gonna give this a shot:icon_super:

Glad you found it, and hope it helps you out!

Love the Maybach pic btw :cool:

Dionysus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 10, 2012
I was wondering since this idea is on Will's blog, wont the market become saturated and not many people will be able to make money off of this since the barrier of entry doesn't seem too high? This seems like a good idea to make some side money but not necessarily what you should be your main source of income.

I am interested in doing this as like a part time job while I'm in college. I'm guessing I would need to send the imported goods to someone's home address if I am to live on campus right?

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I was wondering since this idea is on Will's blog, wont the market become saturated and not many people will be able to make money off of this since the barrier of entry doesn't seem too high? This seems like a good idea to make some side money but not necessarily what you should be your main source of income.

I am interested in doing this as like a part time job while I'm in college. I'm guessing I would need to send the imported goods to someone's home address if I am to live on campus right?
No the market very very very likely won't get saturated.
Remember only 0.1% of the people who read the blog post will ever try it and from those 0.1% most will give up after failing in some way or if they don't make a lot of money right from the beginning. Also this information has been known for quite a long time you just wasn't getting the information as easy as in Will's blog posts. But the 0.1 % that takes action will also take action on researching enough to find all the information they need anyway.
Also it takes a lot more than just following Will's blog post to make this business more than just another job... so don't mind to much competition.

BTW do you think that it became harder to become a millionaire because MJ wrote "The Millionaire Fastlane "?
NO because only 0.1% of the reader will take action anyway. That is just the way it is.
Don't mind that the market will become saturated that's just another reason your mind makes up to not take action and become one of the countless 99.9%!

TAKE ACTION!

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida

There are just way too many products out there for it to be saturated yet. People emailing me with products theyve found are completely blowing me away, I would have never thought of any of them. Honestly, people have been finding better niches than I could ever dream. You being in college have a huge buying base right outside your door, just gotta take advantage!

No the market very very very likely won't get saturated.
Remember only 0.1% of the people who read the blog post will ever try it and from those 0.1% most will give up after failing in some way or if they don't make a lot of money right from the beginning. Also this information has been known for quite a long time you just wasn't getting the information as easy as in Will's blog posts. But the 0.1 % that takes action will also take action on researching enough to find all the information they need anyway.
Also it takes a lot more than just following Will's blog post to make this business more than just another job... so don't mind to much competition.

BTW do you think that it became harder to become a millionaire because MJ wrote "The Millionaire Fastlane "?
NO because only 0.1% of the reader will take action anyway. That is just the way it is.
Don't mind that the market will become saturated that's just another reason your mind makes up to not take action and become one of the countless 99.9%!

TAKE ACTION!

Absolutely right, this response is better than the one I just gave you :)

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Absolutely right, this response is better than the one I just gave you

Thank you Will. My biggest enemy is my ADD. I get distracted so often. It's a pain. I have to work harder at finding a niche product. Do you recommend 100% mark up on the product you find? I am also getting FOB pricing on the products I have sourced so far. How do you get full shipping costs from Alibaba. Thanks again rereading these posts inspire me into action.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Just following up on Will's suggestion that you avoid knock-offs as your products, a large retailer in Australia (Target, don't know if they're over in the US), is in big doo-doo over selling makeup that was mis-represented as being a particular brand. They're probably a top-5 retail chain in AU, and they've been sourcing this stuff from some company they didnt do enough due diligence in, over in the US.

They now have to justify that they did enough research, so they can try to pass the full blame onto their dodgy wholesaler, but either way, when the brand comes knocking - you're in trouble, no matter how big or small.

Here's the article, in an Australian newspaper if anyone's interested:
Target's US quest to find how it was sold a pup

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I came accross this link once but I lost it and never got done reading it. Im on it right now, but once question ? Do you guys really think Alibaba is still a good place to buy stuff to sell for profit ? If yes where do you guys sell it ? Local ? Online, ebay, amazon ?

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida
Thank you Will. My biggest enemy is my ADD. I get distracted so often. It's a pain. I have to work harder at finding a niche product. Do you recommend 100% mark up on the product you find? I am also getting FOB pricing on the products I have sourced so far. How do you get full shipping costs from Alibaba. Thanks again rereading these posts inspire me into action.

Yea, I'd recommend 100% markup as a minimum target. Most of the time you'll get FOB pricing, which is referring to who's liability the shipping is. Usually, you'll either want to get UPS/DHL/TNT/etc to pick it up, or if you're shipping containers you'll go over Sea Frieght. Until that point though, you can negotiate with suppliers to figure shipping out.

Just following up on Will's suggestion that you avoid knock-offs as your products, a large retailer in Australia (Target, don't know if they're over in the US), is in big doo-doo over selling makeup that was mis-represented as being a particular brand. They're probably a top-5 retail chain in AU, and they've been sourcing this stuff from some company they didnt do enough due diligence in, over in the US.

They now have to justify that they did enough research, so they can try to pass the full blame onto their dodgy wholesaler, but either way, when the brand comes knocking - you're in trouble, no matter how big or small.

Here's the article, in an Australian newspaper if anyone's interested:
Target's US quest to find how it was sold a pup

Absolutely, great share! They have entire divisions of law enforcement devoted to this stuff - Woman arrested with $1 million in counterfeit goods

I came accross this link once but I lost it and never got done reading it. Im on it right now, but once question ? Do you guys really think Alibaba is still a good place to buy stuff to sell for profit ? If yes where do you guys sell it ? Local ? Online, ebay, amazon ?

I think I covered that in the article :thumbsup:

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
there is this guy on youtube called kinghuman he is bald and has sunglasses he tells many ways to make money online go look it up

WillMitchell

www.StartupBros.com
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 6, 2012
Florida
there is this guy on youtube called kinghuman he is bald and has sunglasses he tells many ways to make money online go look it up

Capture.PNG

Boy, have I been going down the wrong path... :confused:

merryrows

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 23, 2013
Great Article!

Very useful for importers. What if I am on the other side? Would you suggest starting an exporting company if you are in Asia?

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
@JAJT - Thanks for creating thread, talk about sharing something of value!

@WillMitchell - Really great info on your blog, thanks so much for explaining. Just started digging around for products based on your criteria. Glad you joined the forum!

TheUnderAchiever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Mar 4, 2014
Thank you @WillMitchell for all of your info and help.

I just finished negotiating with two Chinese suppliers, and expect to get my samples in two weeks. If the pass my OK, it's full steam ahead with importing and then to start selling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.