• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Progress Thread $100k 2017

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by sparechange, Dec 12, 2016.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. sparechange

sparechange Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $861
    see some fun products on alibaba, a bit sketched out about buying stuff from china.. the idea of sending money online seems silly but ill figure it out

can buy a product for literally dimes and retail for around $5-$10, seems like a fair price.

still looking around but just wanted to share

2. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    filming some short clips today for my fb page, will need to learn how to edit!

3. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    put up a 25 buckaroos on fb boosting a post, will engage the market and build a brand name.

after i will soft sell with a bigger audience

.5% sales on 10k followers for example is 50 customers

i believe on that small amount * in theory * could be a 3-4 figure business right there

within a minute of posting i already have engagements, now the key is to have the proper sales strategy

dreading monday morning..

4. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    getting alot of traffic although people arent following my page! ah!

posted a video & building some publicity

5. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    i believe a large part of building a brand is connecting with other brands or organizations

(mcdonalds/coke)

have a good vision of where ''my company'' *chuckle* can go, of course it will take time to build although its a very large process. within xxx amount of time i think i can establish myself as a player in the market and have my cake & eat it to (throw some pie in there to) cheers

6. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    youtube launched just putting up a small video up now

facebook is getting lots of views

vamos!

7. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    didnt even know u can do paid ads for utube hm, will have to learn a proper budget on sales/ads,

8. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    have 0 views on youtube, but fb vids have some there. guess the game on youtube is all about paid advertising...understand why those stupid viral videos show up on my dam feed all the time

9. millerad

millerad Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $393
    I understand if you don't want to link to your content directly. Could I get a link so I can check some of your stuff out?

10. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    thanks for your interest, for now id like to keep everything private. basically my theme is focused around pets (large market)
    and engaging my audience with pictures of dogs, cats, etc & recently filmed a few short clips at a local animal shelter. interacted myself personally with animals so i thought it was pretty cool.

11. Grahamj

Grahamj New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $64
    I just read this post and have to say that it was the most exhausting thing I've done in a while. I'm not too sure where you are or which business you are currently in. There's been a TON of advice from members in the post and it doesn't seem like you've taken any of it.
    You started with an entertainment warehouse, lawn care, beach rentals, T-shirts, solar bag, and now something with pets.
    Everyone gave you the advice to start with one idea and execute. I think you need to stop chasing money. If you have UNSCRIPTED try reading it again.

Stop chasing money and start adding VALUE. People break into saturated markets all the time, but it's not with a poorly produced Facebook advertisement.

Getting a sales job could help you too. It might help you to understand why people buy.

100k, Xeon, Longinus and 5 others like this.
  12. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    hello! and welcome to my sporadic thread! sorry about the confusion, ill clear things up for future lurkers aswell, slightly update bio not sure if i mentioned everything (did leave some things out i think) here goes!

• left home before my 24th birthday and began my adult life a bit late moved to vancouver
    • 24 years old spent the year supporting myself (2016) on a car washing job
    • picked up a second job doing 60 hours a week trying to save money
    • virtually bankrupt the whole time even working 60 hrs and trying to ''save''

• saw a cherry red lamborghini gallardo, had a mental breakdown thinking about what a worthless loser i am how i cant afford the car let alone change a tire on it
    • had a talk with the owner (thanks!)
    • not sure how i stumbled into the fastlane forum exactly, remember lurking a bit but never really doing much about it
    • thought id try an idea i had in my head (shoveling snow) made low 3 figure amount, i actually recall making more per hour shoveling snow *something i did at work for $10* super silly
    • got fired from my job on the eve of my 25th birthday, the best thing that ever happened to me

• went to west vancouver and spam emailed for jobs at a ski resorts
    • got super lucky and got a job
    • spent the winter working there and wantrenupeuring some ideas, tbh i enjoyed my life for the first time in quite some time so i spent 4 months of my life snowboarding and sking + working & meeting friends aswell as trying to build organically a facebook page ** so stupid **

• spring came around and i picked up a job as a sales agent for the conservative government parties & other crap (huge scam btw) uh oh i went there..
    • got fired from that to from that & 20 mins later i landed my first client in grass cutting! just went and knocked on a door and closed someone for $20 i think it was, didnt even have a lawnmower so just bought one the next day
    • did that for a bit and overestimated the market

• tried to sell a shirt online for a festival in vancouver no sales
    • stopped doing that and focused on trying to sell an item (solar backpack) no sales
    • currently working a construction job for a bit

the other things (entertainment warehouse?) i still want to do this, need a hell lot of capital. when i have capital i'd like to design a haunted house for the halloween market

beach rentals i have that in mind aswell, but my permits were rejected.. feel crappy every time i look at the current rental spot at the beach, at my old ski job we cleared $5-$15k a day on renting equipment, so thats what sparked my mind to rent out kayacks, boats etc.

** now focusing on building a pet brand ** regardless of failure im sticking with it to gain some experience.. doing something is better than nothing **

cheers

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  13. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    alright, will pickup some products and try to make sales online, found some cool stuff. soft selling will be the overall business strategy

Attached Files:

• ea6.jpg
      ea6.jpg
      File size:
      30.7 KB
      Views:
  14. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    so my facebook page is getting lots of paid & unpaid views problem.. no likes/follows pouring in as i thought would happen. also youtube has 0 views, i guess paying for youtube advertisements is the only way to get videos out there

in the mean time i do have physical products i think can sell, will see how i do... this would be the most 'legitimate' thing ive put my mind to that has potential.

for now my only concerns are building a BRAND & making one sale within the next two - three months

have an amazon account ? i think ? need to verify some documents or whatever the process is.

and saw i can get a ticket to calgary for $150 from vancouver! really cheap and am considering leaving november.

15. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    I am just curious why the focus on only one sale? How much again is the product you are offering? I mean I read the entire thread and I am still a little confused as to the specific direction. I certainly understand Brand. You definitely should work that of course. By why only one sale?

Maybe you can rephrase that more positively to building Brand & making your FIRST sale <insert timeframe or not>. I wouldn't limit myself to thinking about number of sales that low unless I was selling a yacht, and even then I wouldn't. But I could totally be misunderstanding.

BrooklynHustle and sparechange like this.
  16. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    i have 0 experience in advertising and marketing

feel as if im a karate white belt taking on black belts in the internet streets toe to toe (business skill wise) with time ill learn as i go! just dont feel to confident about competing with established brands & others that have been doing this for multiple years

pricing anywhere from $20 to $60 (just a few items for now)

Aaron T likes this.
  17. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    thank you for the reply!

18. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    At that price point it should be pretty easy to get multiple sales a day if you can properly identify your market and target them with excellent ad copy. As you said you are not great at Marketing. So here is some homework perhaps. Instead of Brand, focus on marketing while you get the basics of a Brand up. The Marketing will outweigh the Brand initially. Very much so.

What have you done to increase your skills in Marketing particular? I am asking as I am just trying to help focus you into that first sale much faster than 1 month. Why? Because if you get a single sale, it will be thrilling and addicting and help you the rest of the way. Getting to that point is key though.

Xeon and sparechange like this.
  19. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    been watching some videos from alex becker, he talks about sales & marketing a bit. mentions creating an offer that is very appealing

my demographic (pet owners) i think can make emotional based purchases, for example. a simple dog jacket that looks cute, which compels someone to buy

Aaron T likes this.
  20. Aaron T

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    Well I have seen enough Alex to know that he isn't going to help you much. You need specific information on Marketing. He isn't specific enough for you. I wish I had time before my next flight to find some good videos for you to watch, but you should also look at informative sites and more than just videos.

The pet niche is super easy to make sells on. Just need to target the right people. What have you done to target them to date? I am shocked you haven't sold a single item yet or do you not have the products yet? I could have missed that.

Argue, sparechange and Xeon like this.
  21. Xeon

Xeon Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $249
    Not sure what's the age range of the target audience you're selling your backpacks to, and not sure if the solar backpacks you're selling looks similar to the one in the above link, but if your audience is in the 18 - 35 yrs range, then I can see one of the reasons why they don't buy : because the backpack designs looks crappy and dorky LOL

I google image-search for "solar panel backpacks" and sure enough, 19 out of 20 of these backpack designs look like they were designed by a high school kid in his class project. I personally don't dare to imagine myself wearing these on the subway when everyone elses backpacks look cool AF. :playful:

If I were in your shoes, I would probably research on whether a solar-panel backpack with a much cooler design would sell, then find a manufacturer to create one. Similar to what this guy is doing here: The Etchr Art Satchel & Field Case (although for his case, it's more like feeding artists' need for function rather than aesthetics; as someone who used to sketch outdoors previously, I would have bought his product).

Then, when your custom solar-panel backpack is up, you can even expand it by giving them cool names and designs. If your brand is SoFlare, you can launch a military theme solar backpack with cool camo stripes emblazoned on the surface (SoFlare "The Sergeant Cliff") , a USA-flag theme solar backpack (SoFlare "Patriot").....

Of course, you need money for the manufacturer and this is where savings come in. Good luck with your pet business, I'm also launching in this sector.

100k and sparechange like this.
  22. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    havent marketed yet, just picked up some items today, will have sales ads up shortly, enjoy your flight! thanks for taking the time to reply

Xeon likes this.
  23. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861

interesting input about you not liking the design, i think i overestimated the idea of the backpack, had several hundred views on it but noone but 5 people showed interest then disappeared. my thinking was seeing the problem of a dead phone, and since people are generally glued to iphones or w/e phone they use, a backpack that could charge theyre phone on the move seemed interesting.

even at the beach (i dont understand the point of having a phone at the beach) but people would be sitting around staring at theyre phones, which originally sparked my interest.

so far the market says otherwise to me!

thanks for the input!

Xeon likes this.
  24. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    funny, after opening my amazon account with no products online theyre already trying to charge me. clicked the register button for fba and theyre already trying to charge me the fee.

25. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $861
    account isnt even verified and theyre trying to take money from me..LOL jesus