The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1001 Days of Execution

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi guys,
I am starting 1001 days of Execution today.
first things first, completing my backlog in the first 45 days and figuring out the process(using 12 week year) to be used.
will upload voice notes on youtube daily but will only publish result of each week.
will post my goals to achieve next week for 1001 days.
see you next week:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Today is the 7th day of my 1001 days of execution.

the main thing I learned is I need some kind of strong process and plan.
I was not able to reach half of my goal and I believe completing my backlog will take longer than I expected.

:one:so, this 12 weeks plan is to complete backlog(online courses) and exercise daily and try to eat clean as possible, and most important part get a job or try to get a job(so I don't have to worry about it when I graduate).

:two:my next 12-week plan is to make a $4000 from app development on Upwork also building my portfolio and a personal brand on Linkedin, Youtube, Insta, Medium.

what I was able to do:
:checkbox: Exercise daily --exercise + 2.5 - 3km walk
:checkbox: ate relatively cleaner

what I was not able to do:
:xx:complete algo course (40% of target, It was very achievable and realistic target)
:xx:reach a milestone in Data Science course (50% of target, It was the somewhat achievable target).

How I am tracking my progress:
I am voice recording my tasks and after-action review of yesterday's task.
I also note it down in my journal.
Problem
Not reviewing and improving it, it's just like logging and forgetting.

what went wrong:
I procrastinated too much, so much so that I wasted 3 days without completing any thing on algo course just sat in front of the laptop and watched youtube.

How to improve:
This is today's task to figure out how to improve.

I will be reading 12 week year today and try to implement its strategy.
will also try to watch some videos on avoid procrastination.

suggestions are welcome:smile2:

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Good luck with your journey. I can give you one advice, don't use goals that are not specifics like "ate relatively cleaner", because you can not measure if you archived or not.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Good luck with your journey. I can give you one advice, don't use goals that are not specifics like "ate relatively cleaner", because you can not measure if you archived or not.
Thank you for your suggestion.
I will keep that in mind.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Today is the 14th day of this challenge.
what I did for the week
:checkbox: Exercised 6/7 days

What I did which I should have not done
:xx:wasted the entire week binge-watching the Netflix series.
:xx:also not recorded the log of what I was going to do that day.

there is one good thing though:
now I realized that I usually give in the second week but this is long term task now I am back to my senses and will start executing from tomorrow and also will be sharing remaining the general plan so the process can be more effective and don't have to think again and again.

After action review:

Q. what was supposed to happen:
A. should have complete algo and current module in ML.

Q. What actually happened:
A. wasted entire week watching Netflix serese.

Q. Why there was difference:
A. I started with intention of watching 1 episode a day but I shouldn't have started in first place.

Q. How I can Improve:
A. first follow the daily schedule with time blocking, and daily progress is paramount no matter how small.

also I wont even start any serease because It waste time in long run

I know starting the series I know I will likely to binge so from next time whenever I think of entertainment instead of work I will either exercise or take power nap.

PS:
I would have given in a week but thinking like this I am more likely to bounce back and actually get something done.

suggestions are welcome:smile2:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I am also taking jorden Peterson Self Authoring suit so I can get a clear idea of what I want.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 21 or week 3

what I did right:
:checkbox: Exercised 6/7 days

what was wrong
:xx: unable to complete course 1 on week 4/6 : some progress but not enough

what should I do next?

figure out some system from this week, I think 12 week year with GTG could work

my biggest problem is not being effective, asking for help in this thread

what should I do from now?
track both lead and lag measures so I can get a clear picture

TODO: find or build template for this thread.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 28, week 4

what I was able to do:
Exercise 5/6 days:
Hired a personal trainer

completed course 1 but have some assignments remaining

I was able to get some things done but that's not enough,
I have to sacrifice some sleep in order to reach my goal, I am procrastinating too much thinking I will do it tomorrow but the next day I was supposed to do a different set of activities, so ultimately It will cost me If I don't get serious.

how I will do it
Give 100%. not 90% not 110% 100%
1. plan my day a day before
2. don't sleep without reaching the goal
3. wake up at 5AM
4. meditate
5. 10 minutes workout
6. Get to work and don't stop before 1 hr

and by Making My Smartphone Dumb i.e. disabling youtube, LinkedIn and other apps. Installing Time tracker in my phone which reminds me of time spent on phone usage.

my Goal for next 2 weeks is to get over with course 3.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
special thanks to @RazorCut for helping me get some sense in my process

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
Eliminate distractions, so you can focus on your work. Don't sleep less, instead, turn off your phone, get off Netflix for the day, and use your time and energy correctly.
Keep pushing!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Eliminate distractions, so you can focus on your work. Don't sleep less, instead, turn off your phone, get off Netflix for the day, and use your time and energy correctly.
I didn't mean to cut on my sleep but that's an excuse to myself, at the end of the day I always say I'll do it tomorrow but don't and on top of that I have the work of the next day, so it gets so overwhelming that I don't do it at all. and the cycle repeats.

so the goal is I won't let my sleep get better of me,

in essence: finish today's task and sleep however long I want.

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I'll share my little story with you.

My wife started doing yoga every day some time ago. Once she got to day 100 I asked myself a question: "If she can do it, why am I wasting my time?"

I started with exercises and a commitment to one business pursuit. Here are the results so far:
- 1.5 month of studying ecom and taking action
- went from 6 push ups to 20,20,20,18,14 (so 5 sets with almost 100 in total) and do 15 minutes of rope jumping every other day.
- now I've added pull ups and went from 3 pull ups in 2 weeks to 8,6,6,4,4.

If I was to share one thing with you its this:

When you feel like you don't want to do it, don't. But promise to yourself that tomorrow you will. There are days when I just either can't (busy, headache, etc) but I always come back tomorrow and do it. Simple. With exercises my goal is to train every other day and if I miss one I don't care. My goal is not to do 100 pullups or what ever in 1 month. It's to achieve fantastic results in 5 years.

Hope that helps you out a little :)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
one thing with habit building is "rituals" for instance I shower / shave / brush my teeth and floss all at once in the same room - easy right? , so its a bunch of "habits" in one "ritual" , maybe before you exercise you take your supplements, maybe while breakfast is cooking you do a gratitude journal and drink a glass of water - associate groups of habits together at the same place and time and you'll have less mental blowback to smoothly going from one task to the next.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Day 35, week 5.

What I was able to do:
Exercise 4/6 days. Excuse: trainer did not come.
Made some progress in my Data structure course.

What I was unable to get done.
Not able to reach my weight goal, i got fitter but did not reduce my body weight or fat.
Not where I wanted my course progress should be there.
I have not recorded my self logging and review for entire week.

Thus week I took some day off.

How to improve.
Maintain consistency and work efficiently for 2 more weeks and course will reach a stage where I want to to be.

Start logging everyday.

Take thus week to figure out what am i lacking to reduce weight, as I am happy with exercise and diet.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 42, week 6
Its time to pivot.

was I able to complete my backlog, NO.
the biggest thing of all I lose motivation for the task, as it was not tied with my vision, I will still be doing them but limiting them to just 1.5 hours a day.

what is my biggest failure:
I lost tracking my daily log, today I will be completing 2nd week.

what I did:
Exercised 1day/6: MY Excuse, Trainer did not come(That's BS and I know)
made very tiny progress(that was the aim from start) in algo and ds course.

What changed.
I got to know "the losers game" and I was doing the same.
I am preparing for the job I don't want, why because in case my venture did not succeed I would still have my job and I was planning to do like a side hustle.

I am being too risk-averse. Trying to be too safe.

What I am trying to achieve Now.
I will break down my big goal into multiple small so it's easy to explain
  1. start a personal brand by using youtube and other marketing channels like website, mailing list, medium article and LinkedIn articles, blogs. (Quality and Professional outlook is Paramount for me, I don't plan to release a new video every day but twice the week initially).
  2. after 1000 subscribers, Start leaving the contact form for freelance work.
  3. Start Selling courses I have in mind which is an untouched niche.
  4. Start virtual teaching which will result in a virtual internship, where I can delegate work and get the quality output as whatever I want I teach them. (for the first time will do it for free to get good at it).
  5. Give template or Generic app for free or with a limited license, and upsell them on customization.
what I aim to achieve by doing this?
  • I aim to build authority in this niche.
  • want to leverage the authority to build a software development company with Software Training company that can complement each other.
  • Earn $15,000 in a period of 6 months while not freelancing initially for 2-3 months. (Not a random figure, 3k to buy MacBook I have a shitty laptop, 12k is the money I will earn in India for doing a year's worth of work as a job ). so Earning 15k in 3 months which is also doable

Currently, this is the outline for the year work will divide this into 12 week period in the next post which I will plan and post in 3 to 4 hours.

I get some good offers but when they see my portfolio I have nothing to show for so they don't give me freelance projects so this also aims to build my portfolio and the clients that come, come sold.I don't have to sell them

I am a college student with lots of assignments so I am not aiming too high but trying to buy year time by earning year's salary.

Edit: for those who are wondering why 1001 days
when my mentor said to take 1000 days to constantly improving (no matter how small, but progress should be there every day) it will change your life. so that's reason 1.

Second I do know its Nearly 3 years, subconsciously don't feel like it and I track my progress by the week so I get an idea of the value of every week that's around 1%, that is if I waste my week I know I wasted 1% of my time

We Indians just add 1 to everything for good luck.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
sorry, I didnt post my detailed plan for the next 12 weeks:
the rough outline goes as follows
  • Exercise 1hr, I am eating a very balanced and good diet so I need to focus on Exercise and some diet, plan is to log my diet and exercise daily.
what I wish to achieve is 6kg of fatloss in 12 weeks

• make youtube video for 3 hrs.(initial plan is to learn).
  • Ds and algo(have to complete my backlog ) 1hr.
on weekends 2 hrs additional on other marketing chennls.
increase DS and algo to 2hrs on weekends.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 49, week 7
what I did:
Exercise 2/6 days --my off days are when my trainer didn't come so I am firing him next week and taking matters at my own hand.

Udemy Premiere pro course: 50%. will complete it by tomorrow evening.
branding Coursera completed till week 2.

what's next:
  1. finish premiere pro course
  2. learn branding and talking head from skillshare as Coursera is too big to complete in a week. so I can get started but will be continuing on the Coursera branding course as its too comprehensive and also talks about content marketing which is my plan.
  3. make 2 videos, get feedback on 1st then make improvements on 2nd get feedback after that will start uploading on youtube from next week.
  4. start taking daily log(i stopped for 2 weeks now).

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
What were your goals? Did you achieve them?

It doesn't seem like this "execution" is going anywhere, but if it does, it will definitely take you about 1001 days.

But if you give yourself that time, will you share the same excitement on day 853 as you had in day 1?

Two things I like from this thread: it's very transparent and you've shown consistency for about 50 days. Most guys quit the first week, and if they do something wrong, they hide it. Because you're honest, it's gonna be much easier to correct.

Glad to find you learning. Let us know when you're ready for REAL goals.

Most of the problems you shared here have simple solutions. Just ask.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I am replying in very detail and keeping it transparent here so next time someone will ask a similar thing I will reply with this post.
I am giving away my plan here because most of us don't execute (the idea is not worth anything) and they don't have domain knowledge and some experience also, framework x will take some time (1 year) before it gets popular so other people will waste around 1 year just to replicate my process.
and by keeping it open, plan can be improved by the experience of others(fastlaners).
What were your goals? Did you achieve them?

It doesn't seem like this "execution" is going anywhere, but if it does, it will definitely take you about 1001 days.

But if you give yourself that time, will you share the same excitement on day 853 as you had in day 1?

Two things I like from this thread: it's very transparent and you've shown consistency for about 50 days. Most guys quit the first week, and if they do something wrong, they hide it. Because you're honest, it's gonna be much easier to correct.

Glad to find you learning. Let us know when you're ready for REAL goals.

Most of the problems you shared here have simple solutions. Just ask.

Currently, I am experimenting but I had some ideas from the start.

there is a framework used for mobile app development and is expanding to web, and desktop(Mac, Linux, and windows).
I am an early adopter and it's not popular(will be, I am sure), and I am good at it(doing it from 3 years when it was in beta and have 6 months of internship there).
I want to capitalize on my early mover advantage(not super early, but somewhat early) as when it will go stable many more will start to adapt to it (will take time around a year).
:two:my next 12-week plan is to make a $4000 from app development on Upwork also building my portfolio and a personal brand on Linkedin, Youtube, Insta, Medium.
above mentioned is my 2nd post in this thread.
I had some clarity that instead to look for clients, with authority, and personal brand clients come to you, not you look for the clients.
I am planning to do multiple things until one hits big.

What changed.
I got to know "the losers game" and I was doing the same.
when I stumbled on a video explaining the losers game(captain sindbaad), I said to my self I am trying to avoid taking a risk by preparing for a job(With my internship experience, I can say I will hate job).

here goes my plan for the next 9 months(9 months because I have 9 months left in college if this does not work out in 7 months, I will start looking for a job using my portfolio I built for business)

1. so I am planning to build a personal brand and an authority in the next 3 months(12 weeks).

after building some portfolio and brand I won't need a portfolio, clients will come sold(I get somewhat of good offers on LinkedIn but they reject me because I don't have a portfolio because of my mistake of not making it, I don't go to them they approach me feels much more convenient ).

1. build a brand(first 3 months)
2. freelancing(Initially) & building products(mentioned at the end)
3. sell courses & selling products
3.1 sell niche-of-niche course(no one has touched it till now and people are looking for it).
3.2 sell micro-courses like I first teach to make a full app then If you want you can learn how to animate this too for 3-4 dollars
3.3 training people my method and best practices->make them excellent->hire them(they have to pay for training), it's cheap to hire a developer in India(give them $680 a month and you can hire best of the best)
3. with trained people start my Fastlane business and hire or partner with sales guy in 1st world countries.

the products are app for Wordpress, app for shopify store, app for woo commerce, app for open commerce(whatever best sellers on codecanyon because It has verified need).
the products will be like my 80% work will be done and won't change, so it can be scaled and will be very time efficient(not doing 80% of work and dealing with easy part).

it will be 3 tire approach, like for example(not fixed yet, doable in a weeks time)
$997: for basic customization(app logo, color scheme, uploading to app and play store etc).
$1997: You give UI we will change UI.
$4997: convenience plan(UI designer will work with you to make UI and will implement all the features of the basic plan).

and maintenance and updating will be subscription-based like
$50 per month: critical bugs
$100 per month: personalized support for bugs
$200 for personalized support and small tweaks.
(funny thing, If I or customer found a bug and fix it for a single customer then it gets fixed for all the customers as 80% of code is same)
$500 for A/B testing

will also take freelance or contract-based projects.

My personal brand will help me get recognized and build trust.

I am trying to attack the problem with different angles to increase my chance of success.

do you have anything to add anything or have any feedback, I am all ears

Last edited by a moderator:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I failed
my definition of failure: thinking of quitting,

I did not quit on my goals, but I failed to plan from the start.
I should have started with
  1. Realize your life needs to change
  2. Confront your beliefs
  3. Analyze your past performance
  4. Distill the lessons from last year and apply what you learned
  5. Segment your life and then evaluate them (emotional, intellectual, physical, relationships & finance) --currently only aiming for physical and finance
  6. Set only 5 goals, all outside of your comfort zone
  7. Write them down as specific as you can
  8. Simulate what your life would be if you achieved them
  9. Deconstruct each goal into smaller steps
  10. Strategize: Deadline goals VS Habit goals
  11. failed to evaluate goals
  12. failed to the daily log(from today itself start logging daily progress)
  13. failed to keep 2 logs, what I did, the result of my action according to matrics I decide to evaluate myself on.
now there are only 90 days left in the new year, I plan to start the year strong.

what I will do today to analyze, plan according to 12 week year, complete the book 12 week year, and make a coding video as I am building my portfolio.

the ideas are borrowed from
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLOkHGw_d0
which is an amazing resource for learning, I am following the channel for 4 years and believe the channel provides value.

the channel recommended TMF and got to start from there.

tomorrow I will update my next 12-week plan here.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
from this week I have started using a productivity journal, which tracks my weekly goals,
actually, I printed their free copy, which is the same as the full version,
it cost me $1 to get it printed and it cost $25.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_103334.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103334.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201003_103305.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103305.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201003_103228.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103228.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20201003_103223.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103223.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20201003_103219.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103219.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20201003_103215.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103215.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20201003_103210.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103210.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20201003_103334.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103334.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201003_103438.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103438.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20201003_103445.jpg
    IMG_20201003_103445.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 56, week 8

what I did
:checkbox:Exercised 5/6
:checkbox:completed premiere pro course
:checkbox:made a style guide for my brand

What I did not do
:xx:complete skillshare courses on personal branding.
:xx:make the first video and get feedback
:xx:to make the second video and get feedback.
:xx:to plan for the next 12 weeks.

what happened -I action faked.
when there was time for actual execution I did not do it, I tried to do courses(which I don't need to do to make my first video as it's for feedback) so then I procrastinated and then my motivation dropped.

what am I doing now
since I follow 12 week year plan and there are 88 days left before the year-end I am trying hard(not actually, procrastinating on my way) to develop a solid plan to reach my 3 goals

1. loose weight, get fit(get to 67 kg, 6kg fat loss)
  2. start a youtube channel and build a strong personal brand, also try to earn 1k(I will have exam so that's why try)
  3. meditate daily using sam harris waking up course.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now time for some rant,
I still remember may of 2019 standing on the terrace of my home and decided to take action now as I already missed the boat of January, but I failed to achieve even a single one.
fast forward to January 2020, I made my goals and wanted to achieve all flimsy nonsignificant goals, but failed, hack I don't even remember what my goals were. I asked a very close friend of mine with whom I must have shared but again no luck, all I know that all were insignificant goals.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLOkHGw_d0&t=340s

I plan to use this resource to the fullest that's why I am doing this yearly review and found that I don't even remember my goals 9 months in.

most importantly I have decided to use this resource with 12 week year and adapt it to my use.
why the next 12 week year (starting 12 October ) will be different.
1. get more with less, I waste my entire day doing 2 hrs worth of work so I decided to limit my hours of work and only do other things when I complete my work. and as in my first post, I am looking for slow growth
2. goals are of significant importance to me, they are just outside of my comfort zone but not too crazy.
3. stong planning and execution.
4. daily log and weekly review.

my focus seems to be all over the place and it probably is,
the zest of what I am trying to do is build a personal brand around the upcoming framework in software development and do everything and double down on what works.

like: sell courses, get freelance projects and outsource it to people whom I trained or build an ecom around it

will develop and share plan tomorrow

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Weekly review

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_230331.jpg
    IMG_20201004_230331.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
my focus seems to be all over the place and it probably is,

I can totally relate to that. Do you think the reason may be that you have too many to-dos? I realized that when I have more than 3 to-dos for the week I mostly get 1 or 2 done. When I have 3 or less, I get all of them however. Worth to try

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I can totally relate to that. Do you think the reason may be that you have too many to-dos? I realized that when I have more than 3 to-dos for the week I mostly get 1 or 2 done. When I have 3 or less, I get all of them however. Worth to try
yes, my strategy is to limit myself even on time and number of activities.
I sit in front of my laptop the whole day and only get maybe 2hrs of work done so trying to build discipline slowly
so trying to keep my workplace sacred from now onwards by not doing timepass there.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 60

12 weeks from new year

setting a new 12-week goal in a clear direction.

goals with sort of breakdown are
  1. Build a personal brand.
    1. Youtube
    2. Email list(using newsletter)
    3. Medium
    4. Linkedin(reposting medium content).
    5. GitHub(as its a coding channel whatever I build I will upload it on Github)
    6. My website(written tutorial).
    7. Instagram(posting fast-forwarded videos).
    8. Facebook (groups posting only)
    9. Reddit(to promote yt videos)
    10. Pinterest.
The action I should start taking make 3 videos every week and make written tutorials also. while posting 1-2 times a week

1. Lose 6 kg, i.e. reach 67 kg.
    1. Run 3 km daily, with weekly 300m increase
    2. Exercise daily
    3. Track what I eat and tweak small things
  2. Meditate daily.
  3. Earn 1K USD.
    1. Sell course(rive course)
    2. Sell the Whitelabel fitness app on Instagram, near the new year
    3. Ads on the web and youtube.
    4. Small freelance project.
    5. build marketplace.
  4. 15 min a day for learning about personal brand.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 56-60

what I did
:checkbox:Exercised everyday
:checkbox:meditated everyday
:checkbox:goal setting

what I was not able to do
:xx:make 2 videos to get feedback

from today itself I am starting 12 week year

Week's goal attached

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_102312__01.jpg
    IMG_20201008_102312__01.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
day 67, almost 9.5 weeks

Note: the is a mistake in my weight matric as I record my weight at a different time in the day it fluctuates a lot, So from now onwards I will be weighing myself first thing in the morning.

I am trying to build discipline and also do dopamine detox but I will gradually be making change.
The first thing I did is, unsubscribed to many youtube channels, I tweaked df youtube to remove its home page recommendations, comments, and other recommendations.
And Remove porn.

I also have to set limits to youtube usage from my phone. As phone usage 2 hrs of youtube daily on mobile only.

From now onwards I will combine my run or jog with meditation so I won't miss out on meditation.

My Last week's Goals
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-16 at 11.23.04 AM.jpeg

My weekly Review

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-16 at 11.18.24 AM.jpeg

This week's goal

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-16 at 11.19.43 AM.jpeg

I cleared out lots of goals and focused on an important few this time.
Also, I gave up my entire morning to fitness and now onwards trying to wake up at 5:30 AM so I can also do one important task and get started.

I was supposed to post this yesterday but my poor time management skill didn't let me.
also, I skipped on logging for 2 days, I will try that it will not happen again.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Day 74, 7.4% done

The realization hits Haven't achieved anything yet(some progress in fitness)

In this week and even start from this challenge too much distraction, too much lack of focus.

I thought doing 3-5 To things will help me but this is a streak from the last 7 days
every single day I have not done my most important task and completed everything.

One good thing that I build is a ritual not an habit of meditation, running and exercise. I made them non negotiable in my life. So I atleast am getting very little better.

I will take today to review and plan and to read the one thing book.

Will edit this post by adding my weekly review.
Also create next post how I should be moving next

Screenshot_20201022-084218.jpg

one more thing, I planned to do dopamine detox, didn't happen

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content