The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT 100% of what 'they' tell you is 50% less than you hear!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SSTrey

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 24, 2021
Hi Fastlaners,

I have read TMF & am nearly halfway through Unscripted . Love the information & how @MJ DeMarco you curated the data is amazing.
I am struggling with something which I hoped I may get good advice on: --> I continually think about money, & am unsure how to stop.

A quick self background on me:
Almost 37 years old now, I'm an engineer & turned project manager over the years (12 to be exact) who followed the Scripted path (you know, you live & learn - ie. dogma of family & society, etc).
Long story short, when I was 25 I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad & hence started my path onto entrepreneurship. I've had over 7 different, albeit commodity style, businesses, some failures & some did ok, none were Fastlane type, BUT they have made me better & learn & pivot & evolve to better things.
Now, after 2 previous failures & 12 months of work, I now own a tech startup (Fastlane potential for sure) in South Africa, we just completed our MVP a few months ago & are seeking our first customers.

Throughout TMF (you hint about value) & Unscripted (directly focus on value over money) you talk about attracting money & not chasing it. I love helping people & giving value but I constantly think about Freedom, my dreams of being FREE & living life on my own terms & even helping other's, because I WANT to, not necessarily because I need to. MONEY is so important because it can give you exactly that. It's hard to wake up some mornings & NOT think about the money, as it is the key).
So how do I stop thinking about money, OR SHOULD I stop? (I know many people & stories of people who did very well even though money was their motivation).

Disclaimer:
* I am not saying that money is my motivator BUT at times I feel like it is, simply because having tons of it will give me the FREEDOM to be my best.
* I am not materialistic at all. When I dream of financial success, I dream of my arms wide open overlooking the cliffs of Dover with a broad smile on my face, & not the Ferraris or Rolex.

Trey

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I love helping people & giving value but I constantly think about Freedom, my dreams of being FREE & living life on my own terms & even helping other's, because I WANT to, not necessarily because I need to. MONEY is so important because it can give you exactly that. It's hard to wake up some mornings & NOT think about the money, as it is the key).

This is an important motivator if it is part of your purpose ... if might not be money per se, but what money can buy, such is experiential and choice freedom.

You can have a strong purpose AND create value for the world.

Welcome!

SSTrey

New Contributor
May 24, 2021
This is an important motivator if it is part of your purpose ... if might not be money per se, but what money can buy, such is experiential and choice freedom.

You can have a strong purpose AND create value for the world.

Welcome!
Thanks, I appreciate this.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom