The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Ways to stay fit

Anything related to matters of the mind

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
I am always doing something on the computer, and if Im not then I am outside running/cycling or walking. I like to stay active to say the least.

However, working online can make you lazy, so I have listed the 10 ways I utilise those precious minutes for an extra workout. Heres my top 10 ways to stay fit:

1. Powerball-You can get these anywhere online, but all you need is your hands and in no time you have arms popping out like popeye.

2. Waiting times- Whilst waiting for anything to download/upload or even waiting for my bread to toast, I drop and see how many pushups I can do before its finished. Turns into quite a fun game ;)

3. Never take the escalators-I always run up the stairs if I am using the underground or having to get to the 5th floor of a building, great way to stay fit.

4. Cat Walk-Whenever I walk up and down the stairs at home, I always walk on all fours doing super man push ups as I go up, too dangerous coming down.

5. Sleep time-Just before I go to sleep I make sure to hold my legs up and push my head forward for that last minute ab excercise.

6. Ticking time bombs- I set myself a task online, for instance setting up a new blog, I set myself a target to do 20 push ups once I have created a new logo and continue to set targets until I finish.

7. Ski Hold- I usually do this when I am waiting for a bus or a train, I look stupid but I really dont care. Stand with your back against the wall and squat down, hold until your legs start to shake! Keep your back against the wall firmly for the excercise to be effective.

8. Meditiation- I like to meditate and believe it keeps me fit, mentally, spiritually and physically. There are many forms of meditation so if your are interested you should research on how to meditate. If anyone is interested I will post a very effective learning technique to help with your initial steps.

9. Qi Gong- There are literally hundreds of Qi Gong excercise and stances, you can do these in bed, standing up, lying down, sitting down or even waiting in a queue. I really love Qi Gong and believe it should be taught in all schools.

10. Release the tension- Sitting at a computer too long will cause much tension, I like to do neck rolls, shoulder shrugs, wrist rolls, foot rolls and give myself a non needle accupuncture massage to release the stress.

Hope you enjoy and stay blessed

:thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
those are some pretty good tips. The ski hold one Kind of made me giggle a bit, no offense of course.

but the push-up one reminded me of a funny story:

When I was managing a team of indexers, one of my employees used to do Pest Control as a side gig. He was a into bodybuilding like I was. anyway he used to tell me how he would do push-ups at his customers' front door while he waited for them to answer the door. made me laugh so hard because how he described the awkwardness of the situation.

anyway, sorry if that was random. good read and I may try some of these myself as I too work from a computer most of the day.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Apart from exercising frequently (five times a week), I also take a daily dosage of Omega 3 (twice a day 1000 mg) and vitamin C (once a day a slow release tablet of 1000 mg). I have been doing this for years and feel great.

Maria

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 29, 2011
Hi Allseeingeye!

Great ideas! I also do mini challenges but use squats instead of pushups!

Keep on! ;)

Clenjamin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 13, 2011
NY
If you want to lose weight and feel great.

1 cucumber
2 stalks of celery
2 stalks of kale
1 pear or apple
very small amount of fresh ginger
honey (for flavor)

Put all together in a blender and blend that shit.

Clenjamin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 13, 2011
NY
Kevin James (the actor) lost like 75lbs by doing this. (he needed to lose weight for a movie role)

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I do P90X and eat Paleo/Primal. A little more time intensive but I love it and feel absolutely amazing. Making me a lot more productive as well. :)

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Full body workout with free weights
3 days a week

LSD Run (45-90min)
2 days a week

That is the minimum I do. If possible (depending on current location), add 6 days of martial arts training (BJJ or standup) to that (or more).

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I do GPP, but I am slowing down to avoid injury. My father in law, a fastlaner who drove MG's all over northern california, never exercised or played sports, he put his focus into real estate and built incredible wealth. So I have that in the back of my mind, spending all that time and energy in the gym, obsessed with sports watching videos all day, ultimately detracts from our goal of financial independence by 40. So I waver to pursue sports(crossfit) or casually keep in shape and focus only on wealth building. Every millionaire I have ever known was not a jock or into sports, they focused on nothing other than making money and their families. but I have never met a fat one :)

Most of your visual 'fitness' is diet. Pay attention to your large macro-nutrient intake, protein, carb, fat intake. Monitor your diet with dailyburn.com, or something like that. Read Lyle Mcdonald if you need to lose weight.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Does bring up an question I have:

I used to train hard and a lot, I trained 4 times a week. Now with my traineeship I am done at 5, I get home at 6.. Coming back sport, would mean: 8 o clock at night to start on my 'mission'.

Ditch the sport?
How have others that are in the same situation dealt with this challenge?

Sport = staying fit
Eating well = Staying fit

but time is precious, especially if you have a job and are trying to get out of the slowlane.
I read somewhere to give up sport and everything to develop a sick work ethic, but is it the way to go?

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
I read somewhere to give up sport and everything to develop a sick work ethic, but is it the way to go?
The great thing about exercise/sports/training is that it gives you an opportunity to clear your head of all the garbage that can stress you, make you feel better, refreshed and self confident. Too much of anything is not good for you, whether that is work, exercise, food, etc, and something has to be sacrificed on the other end, whether that is family/friends, work or your self image, so staying balanced will lead to a happier lifestyle.
Personally, I've doing P90X for the past year and love it but it is a big time commitment that sometimes takes away from other things.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Yep. P90x is something friends of mine have been doing. Seem to work very well. I am looking into it, but if it's something that takes lots of time, I just don't have it.

I have to set priorities... Its important to say fit, but its even more important to become financial free of stress. Which means I have to work extremely hard especially now (college + trying to build own company)

I am going to find my way, I always do.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
Does bring up an question I have:

I used to train hard and a lot, I trained 4 times a week. Now with my traineeship I am done at 5, I get home at 6.. Coming back sport, would mean: 8 o clock at night to start on my 'mission'.

Ditch the sport?
How have others that are in the same situation dealt with this challenge?

Sport = staying fit
Eating well = Staying fit

but time is precious, especially if you have a job and are trying to get out of the slowlane.

thats my issue. I was training constantly and hard, a purely leisure pursuit. Always borderline sick and injured, I would work all day at my day job, go to the gym, get home by 7 or 8, then have to answer emails and work for my clients exhausted. In the sport, based on the amount of time and effort I was putting in, I was not seeing the results I wanted. But when I work, I make more money, that is tangible, and this is life changing.

I want to try a new lifestyle, one that allows me to work harder and more, and reduces my exhaustion and reduces focusing on other things, i.e. distractions. Based on what I have seen from the successful entrepreneurs, they focus on their work & family first, then have a very mild fitness and diet lifestyle that helps them moderately manage their weight and physical prowess. Until of course you actually have the time to devote to more things. I dont want to sound extreme, but I am trying this for the first three months of 2012, to solely focus on one business goal to achieve, one that has eluded me for three+ years. I am willing to give up almost everything in my life to achieve.. finally.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
thats my issue. I was training constantly and hard, a purely leisure pursuit. Always borderline sick and injured, I would work all day at my day job, go to the gym, get home by 7 or 8, then have to answer emails and work for my clients exhausted. In the sport, based on the amount of time and effort I was putting in, I was not seeing the results I wanted. But when I work, I make more money, that is tangible, and this is life changing.

I want to try a new lifestyle, one that allows me to work harder and more, and reduces my exhaustion and reduces focusing on other things, i.e. distractions. Based on what I have seen from the successful entrepreneurs, they focus on their work & family first, then have a very mild fitness and diet lifestyle that helps them moderately manage their weight and physical prowess. Until of course you actually have the time to devote to more things. I dont want to sound extreme, but I am trying this for the first three months of 2012, to solely focus on one business goal to achieve, one that has eluded me for three+ years. I am willing to give up almost everything in my life to achieve.. finally.

I think I am going this route myself. I did thai boxing 4 times a week + weight lifting (talking about commitment) but i cant do that now. I need to focus on work & family first.
I probably need to look what 'mild fitness and diet lifestyle' means, because I only know 'extreme' when it comes to sport.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I only know 'extreme' when it comes to sport.

same here. its all I have ever known, I was a sponsored snowboarder in the early-mid 90's & instructor, I raced at the elite level in xc mtb & road cycling, and other gpp stuff which is crazy. have never done martial arts/self defense, I will someday. Now all I want to do is preserve my health, brain power and focus for earning money and creating a truly secure life.

the mild stuff could be;

• a solid diet, that prevents fat gain, and you can easily do.
  • daily calisthenics in the home or park near home.
  • short running (30 minutes tops. Intensity dependent on your level)
  • walking (if you dont run)
  • stretching, mobility or yoga in the home, or studio near home with less that 15 minute commute.

other things, in the home
  • buy a concept 2 rowing machine, the most efficient workout ever
  • kettlebells, in the home
  • other equipment for a home gym
  • hill or trail running near home

the whole point is to cut down on the time and expense of gyms, and organized sports. the OP had great recommendations.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
the mild stuff could be;

• a solid diet, that prevents fat gain, and you can easily do.
  • daily calisthenics in the home or park near home.
  • short running (30 minutes tops. Intensity dependent on your level)
  • walking (if you dont run)
  • stretching, mobility or yoga in the home, or studio near home with less that 15 minute commute.

other things, in the home
  • buy a concept 2 rowing machine, the most efficient workout ever
  • kettlebells, in the home
  • other equipment for a home gym
  • hill or trail running near home
I decided to take a diet that is a bit lower then my need for the day. With a good % of fat, protein and carbs. With that, I will jump rope 4 times a week/30 minutes and I will try to hit the gym whenever I have some spare time left. If I don't, I will do push ups, sit ups and all kinds of body weight excersises I could easily do at home.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.