The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Things Dating Can Teach Us About Business Relationships

Anything related to matters of the mind

EddieV

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 23, 2015
Hey whats up guys! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to share a blog I wrote. In the blog I make analogies between dating and business relationships. I'm still relatively young and since I've been dating I've noticed how it has helped me build my business quickly and effectively. (Success loves speed.) Anyways, I hope the blog helps in your business endeavors. Best wishes.

1. It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it - When people notice someone they are attracted to or want to do business with, they often try to think of what to say. The truth is, it doesn’t really matter what you say. In dating it’s how you say it that makes all the difference between coming across as creepy and coming across as a confident person. In business, you could have the best product/idea but if you present it in a way that isn’t genuine to your personality or doesn’t convey that you truly believe in your product/idea, then no one is going to buy it.
  2. Neediness pushes people away - Being needy is simply unattractive both in dating and business. When was the last time you really wanted to be with or work with someone that only wanted to take? Focus on giving value. If I’m conversing with someone in dating or business, I’m not focusing on trying to get their approval to make myself feel better. That’s called taking. Instead, I’m focused on expressing myself and offering value if the opportunity should arise. That’s called giving.
  3. Appearance matters - Shallow? No. Being attractive is a choice, being attracted to someone isn’t. It’s not about your physical genetic traits per se. You are perfect the way you are. Rather, just the way you take care of yourself (grooming, hygiene, clothing etc.). We make snap judgments of each other based upon appearance. When your appearance is good, it subliminally communicates to other people that you have your stuff together. I don’t know about you but I prefer dating and doing business with people who have their stuff together.
  4. Being 100% you attracts the right people - Express yourself. Not only will people like you more for being genuine, but you are going to attract the right people both romantically and professionally because like attracts like. That’s not to say people who are different than you are bad people. It just means that your intimate and professional relationships will be more meaningful and powerful because of the similarity.
  5. Kissing - What does kissing have to do with business? Let me put it this way… When I kiss a girl I don't consciously think about how I'm going to kiss her. I just do it and enjoy the moment. It’s a feel. In business, it could be helpful to think the same way. Don’t think too much when you’re doing business with someone. Just let it rip. You’ll get better at it over time. People like doing business with people who are present and in the moment. The best kisses, coincidentally or not, are those when you are present and in the moment.
  6. Self-Confidence - Probably the most important of all of the 10 things on this list. It’s all dependent upon your self-image. That dictates what you do in life. As Henry Ford once said, whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right. Unless you develop your self-confidence no one is going to want to date or do business with you. This may seem a bit harsh but it’s true. (I had to learn that the hard way.) The good news is that you can change that.
  7. Social Status - We subconsciously think people with higher social status are more attractive. That's because people with social status are subliminally displaying they have access to many resources. It's quite the same in business. More people will want to do business with you if you have high social status. The more people you know, the more opportunity you’ll inherently have. Most people build their social networks by accident. The people they know just kind of fell into their lap. The secret to a truly powerful social network is to be intentional about the type of people you want to connect with and then having the self-confidence to go make that connection with a giving attitude.
  8. Be honest – Be open about who you are and what you’re looking for in a partner. The best dating and or business relationships are built upon both individuals giving to each other. How is the other person supposed to know if they have something to offer if they don’t know what you’re looking for, and vice versa. It starts with knowing what you’re looking for. To do that, be honest with yourself. Then when you know, be honest with others. It’s not about getting everyone to fall in love with you (dating) or getting everyone to get in a line waiting to do business with you (business). Rather it’s about meeting the right people to date or do business with. You’ll be amazed at how much more meaningful your relationships will be when you are honest. You’ll be attracting the people that suit you best.
  9. Be passionate – Enough said.
  10. It’s all about the experience – It’ not just about how much experience you can get. But it’s more about THE experience. For yourself and for others. Take risks if you really deep down inside feel like it’s the right thing to do. Put yourself out there. Be the source of good emotions for others. Be the source of good emotion for yourself. But most of all enjoy all of it. The good. The bad. The middle. Enjoy dating. Enjoy business. Enjoy life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Eddie,

Linking out to your blog on a first post is not a good start here, nor is it considered an introduction. Because you are new and unknown, it's viewed as self-promotion (at least for non-contributors) which is against the rules. Therefore your link has been removed.

Maybe you can return and post the other 7 things.

Welcome to the forum.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Nice post! I often do the same thing, because relationships in general are the same thing minus the love and sex factor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.