The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

#1 Rule Of Salesmanship

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
Just out of curiosity, how did you get your start?
I was 14, broke, and didn't want to be anymore.
I had read enough of my mom's copywriting books/courses to think I was an expert, so I snagged my first job writing a sales letter for a friend of hers, who had written an ebook. I overheard him talking about it with my mom one day, and when he said he was looking for a copywriter, I jumped into the conversation and told him I could do it and that he wouldn't even have to pay me until he started pulling sales.
He gave me a shot, and I made my first $100 three weeks later.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I am pretty much addicted to audiobooks. I haven't studied copy yet, and just do audiobooks now. Do you know any that would work? And is it something I should buy a real book for due to the type of learning it is?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
As long as it sells, he doesn't care. That would just be an extra expense with no tangible benefit.

I'm an investor and not an entrepreneur so I asked him why he launched his women's bootcamp copy when it still had some issues (looking better on Firefox, iPad, more images, better links, etc). To paraphrase, he said, "I don't care if it's perfect. Imperfect copy is better than no copy. It's more important for me to start pulling customers now so that my staff can convert them than having perfect copy."

The following is his mentor's web site:
FREE Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Mixed Martial Arts MD,DC,VA|MMA BJJ Thai Boxing Training Classes|Submission Wrestling|Grappling Classes in Maryland Virginia & Washington DC

My good friend and BJJ instructor, Steve Lin makes his first appearance in the following video at 5:58. He's the one (obviously) wearing the "Lin Martial Arts" gear and glasses; stretching out. A clearer shot is at 9:38 standing next to JT Torres and purple belt world champion Keenan gives a shout out to Steve Lin at 10:20.

You can see Steve Lin sparring at 16:49. Whoo hoo!

Some really tough guys in the video. World champion BJJ guys. Just beast.

[video=youtube_share;OcetNz81iMk]http://youtu.be/OcetNz81iMk[/video]

Ali

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 10, 2012
Oman
Law 13:

"When Asking for Help, Appeal to People’s Self-Interest, Never to their Mercy or Gratitude"

The 48 Laws of Power
by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
You are brilliant. Offer any services or mentoring?

I'm JUST seeing this comment lol. Thanks!
I still offer my copywriting services, but nowhere near as much as I used to... Too much of a time investment without enough monetary return. It'd take a decent chunk of cash to get me to write a quality sales letter.
And I've never done any real mentoring, but in the words of Kelis, "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge." :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.