What's new

¿How to follow? App business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Julio Andres

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
40
Rep Bank
$370
User Power: 128%
Hi fastlaners!

I've been a member of this forum for some months and I'm building an app business. I would really appreciate some suggestions on how to follow.

I have an app for Android/iPhone that shows listings of theater plays in my country, all the info is retrieved from a server and is updated in real time.
So, I have the working product deployed and -as people who have seen it have said- is pretty good. There are many features where I can improve this product, but as it is today it serves the basics needs of my clients: the people who make the plays and want to fill the rooms.

My idea is to charge a little fee to publish the plays on the app. The app is free to download.

Until now I have been uploading the plays myself for free, looking in the main websites and filling my database. There have been some people who sent me their plays, and I've uploaded them for free also. Is like the app is in beta, so for now is all free. This is to test the system, gain some popularity and have some plays to show in the app. Also I don't have many users yet, so I can offer to much for the clients, I could not say "Ok I will charge you to be in front of my 50 users".

My problem is ¿How to know when to start to charge to the people who wants to publish their plays? I don't have many users and I don't have many people contact me to publish their plays yet, because the app is relatively new.

If I start to charge immediately maybe I have an empty app, because is not very know and the people who wants to publish see an empty app and feel discourage. But if I also upload for my side some plays for free it seams a little unfair. I upload plays for free to make the app looks full and when someone contact me to publish their plays I charge them.

¿What do you think?

Thanks!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xuamf jewi emm qmezt tohp aq gsii. Upmz djeshi vu qsunuvi ep eqq op e tqidoem xez (aq vji vuq/gostv qehi/foggisipv tobi).

Vjot ot vji teni xez vjev nutv des tovit sap. Ov ot gsii vu qmedi e cetod ef xovj Y enuapv ug qodvasit. Updi zua xepv vu fu epzvjoph iyvse vjuahj vjisi e muvt ug movvmi eff upt. Et finepf hsuxt zua katv opdsieti vji qsodi ug vjuti iyvset.
 
O nohjv emtu eff e "dupwipoipdi gii" us tunivjoph ug vjev tusv. Iwisz voni tuniupi qasdjetit e vodliv, djeshi $1 us $2 iyvse.
 
Vjeplt gus vji eptxist hazt

@Guy Vjev't ep opvisitvoph catopitt nufim, vji qsucmin O tii xovj nz nesliv ot vjev jisi ev mietv vjisi esi pu nepz qmezt, zua dep jewi 10 op upi nupvj, tu vjisi ot puv vuu nadj dunqivovoup vu ci op vji vuq ug vji motv.

@knep3398 O'n qmeppoph vu fu vjev tuni voni op vji pies gavasi, katv vu puv eff nusi dunqmiyovz up vji vidj tofi.

Vjeplt gus vji voni hazt
 
Vjeplt gus vji eptxist hazt
@Guy Vjev't ep opvisitvoph catopitt nufim, vji qsucmin O tii xovj nz nesliv ot vjev jisi ev mietv vjisi esi pu nepz qmezt, zua dep jewi 10 op upi nupvj, tu vjisi ot puv vuu nadj dunqivovoup vu ci op vji vuq ug vji motv.

O vjopl ovt huoph vu ci siemmz jesf vu nupovobi taddittgammz up vji qmez tofi vjip og zua upmz jewi 10 qmezt e nupvj.

Nezci muul opvu veloph e tjesi ug tievt cuulif vjsuahj zuas eqq, nusi pancist vu qmez xovj.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom