The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What actually works for Facebook Ads. My own experience!

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Jmadd95OE

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
926%
Apr 11, 2017
Los Angeles
Facebook ads has been a topic of controversy, especially in the field of eCommerce, for the past couple of years, so I will shed some light on it.

I've done Facebook Ads for the past two years and I have been one of the fortunate ones to have had success with it, but not without a lot of failure.

What I have seen that works:
1. Video Ads- This is the best way to communicate with your potential customers, while also getting cheap CPC. A well made video makes you instantly credible with customers and adds legitimacy to your brand.

What you have to understand is currently there are a lot of small brands marketing on Facebook, so you need to separate yourself from the pack. Video is the best way to do it, plus you will get a lot more interaction with your ad. People are lazy and don't want to read!

2. Collecting Email Adresses for a Webinar, Free Ebook, or Service. This works because people like getting free stuff. Beware though, email addresses are getting abused, so this might not last for much longer. Might become an obsolete form of marketing in the next couple years. Will touch up on this topic in a future post.

3. In depth explanation of your product on your ads- What I mean by this is writing a couple paragraphs about your mission, why your product is different, or the advantage of you product over other competitors. This type of advertising doesn't work for all products because it depends on the type of people you are marketing too.

Type of groups I know it works on: ( SEO, "Healthy People", Foodies, Online Marketers, Professionals such as Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, etc. )

4. Funny Ads- These types of ads are hard to make, but if you can do it its worth the time because they get Likes, Comments, and Shares (Free Brand Exposure and Legitimacy).

Now Here's what doesn't work

1. Sending them directly to your amazon page/website and expecting them to buy- It kills your conversion rate, and they usually bounce off the page within seconds. I personally do it all the time with the ads that I am marketed too. It takes a lot for me to actually buy a product that I see just off of Facebook. It's a 1 in a 1000 proposition. Don't waste your money doing it unless your some T-Shirt Company (This type of marketing actually works for your field).

2. Not doing Micro Targeting or Better Said just doing Macro Targeting- Get as specific as you can with your marketing. Target a certain group, age group, gender, behavior, and I've gone so far to target Zip Codes (the latter works really well). Get as specific as you can, it will increase your chances of success, and you'll learn about your ideal customer.

3. Not Giving your customer an actual benefit they will get from using your products. Hard Sell your customer, don't be cutesy with it.

Hope you like it! Feel Free to as questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IchiBan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for sharing! Just one thing is confusing me

Get as specific as you can, it will increase your chances of success, and you'll learn about your ideal customer.

This seems to be the exact opposite of the advice posted in the other thread in this link.

Use the least amount of targeting parameters possible, even if your campaign is only relevant to a very specific group of people. [...] One of the biggest mistakes I see companies & advertisers making, is thinking that targeting ad delivery with pin-point accuracy is the best & cheapest way to go

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
1. Sending them directly to your amazon page/website and expecting them to buy- It kills your conversion rate, and they usually bounce off the page within seconds. I personally do it all the time with the ads that I am marketed too. It takes a lot for me to actually buy a product that I see just off of Facebook. It's a 1 in a 1000 proposition. Don't waste your money doing it unless your some T-Shirt Company (This type of marketing actually works for your field).
Disagree with this one.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Using a shortened google url sending my facebook customers straight to the item's page on my website has been a great method to help our customers out. It allows them to easily see the full information of the product that I can't include in the facebook post due to size.

Google url shortener also allows for another tracking method to gauge the different products response to the facebook ads.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
I still send to sales page.

So despite it being ineffectual, you do it anyways? Then why even advertise on FB if you can't get an ROI? Maybe @Jmadd95OE could shed some light on where sends his prospects instead of a buy page.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
So despite it being ineffectual, you do it anyways? Then why even advertise on FB if you can't get an ROI? Maybe @Jmadd95OE could shed some light on where sends his prospects instead of a buy page.
I was agreeing with what he said about conversion rates.

Despite having horrible, horrible conversion rates, I still get sales. I then follow up with the customers via email where I get repeat sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Actually found the complete 100% opposite of all that works best for us on Facebook ads

jarvisEG44

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 9, 2017
Sycamore, Illinois, USA
Are people still not using a clickfunnel's landing page from your Facebook ads?

I thought it was pretty standard really...

I sell high ticket Personal Training, I'm sure it's different than selling lower ticket products, but still. I get around 30% conversion rates for their info (name, email, and phone number), and much less CPC than just sending them to a sales page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.