The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Morning Routine.. Best Method Of The Highly Successful

akbrouwer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, USA

JulioP103

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 22, 2016
Have to try taking a cold shower. Didn't know it helped. It will definitely wake me up.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
There are a lot of long routines here. Do you guys feel it makes a difference to the rest of your day? I roll out of bed, get dressed and am in the car within 10mins of waking up.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I don't think a solid morning routine correlates specifically to being successful, there are a ton of highly successful people that wake up at noon everyday.

Just in general, I feel if you wake up early and start the day off with a good ritual it sets you up for a successful day full of action. Especially if you do a lot of visualizing in the morning as some people noted on here, it helps you make sure you're still on the right path to achieve your goals and aren't veering off.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

philyoungkim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2016
What other benefits do cold showers have?

And do you COLD showers. Like the coldest your water can get. Or just cold shower.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014

And do you COLD showers. Like the coldest your water can get. Or just cold shower.
I know people who do a 100% cold shower, but I do normal shower then crank it to cold at the end for a few minutes.

I don't know of any real medical benefits but it just wakes me up and makes me more alert.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL

I do 5-10 mins with the water as cold as it gets. Do an intense work out and don't take a cold shower and you'll be sore as hell the next day. Then do the same thing and take a freezing cold shower when you're done, you won't be nearly as sore

philyoungkim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2016
I do 5-10 mins with the water as cold as it gets. Do an intense work out and don't take a cold shower and you'll be sore as hell the next day. Then do the same thing and take a freezing cold shower when you're done, you won't be nearly as sore

Nice. That's what I need. Alertness. Ill give a shot. Thanks!

JDawg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Dec 31, 2015
United States

mowealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 18, 2014
World Traveler
I don't think a solid morning routine correlates specifically to being successful, there are a ton of highly successful people that wake up at noon everyday.

I believe you have more control in the AM than the PM. A lot of distractions take place in the PM. (When everyone is awake, pretty much). Like try going to the gym during the day... you might decide not to workout.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I believe you have more control in the AM than the PM. A lot of distractions take place in the PM. (When everyone is awake, pretty much). Like try going to the gym during the day... you might decide not to workout.

I feel it depends on the person. I function better at night, that's where I do the majority of my reading and planning/online execution for growing the biz. I used to work out at night, but now I'm doing martial arts 3-4 times a week in the evening so I don't want to do gym and martial arts back to back.

But as you said, most people have more control in the AM because everyone else is asleep, no distractions. What makes it hard is that we want to stay up and hang out with our friends/family and socialize more than getting up mad early and being productive by ourselves. I'm just saying the rituals aren't always a direct correlation to success, some people are successful and don't wake up early to do their rituals if there are any at all.

akbrouwer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, USA
There are a lot of long routines here. Do you guys feel it makes a difference to the rest of your day? I roll out of bed, get dressed and am in the car within 10mins of waking up.

DONT DO THIS! are you trying to kill yourself? lol

Voyager82

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 20, 2016
here's my routine
- wake up at 5.30 (first alarm at 5, i like to wake up slowly)
- big glass of water + supplements
- 5 minutes - journal - i really like "the freedom journal" from EOFire (business podcast)
- 10 minutes - affirmations-visualization. I created a file where i write down all the affirmations that are effective to me + goals
- 45 minutes - read a book while listening to isochronic tones
- 30 minutes - cardio while listening to podcasts or motivational audios (having a treadmill in my office was a great investment)
- 5 minutes - quick breakfast - usually overnight porridge. Some other times i do white eggs with bean-corn sauce (from the Tim Ferriss blog)
- 5 minutes shower

meditation and more reading before going to sleep (at 9.30pm)

Perrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 20, 2016
Canada
Wake up 5am (5:30am weekends)

Read 1/7th of book (so one a week) and brief notes

Skipping Rope while listening to motivational self talk or music

Affirmations:
- What do I want?
- Why do I want this?
- What am I committed to doing daily to make it happen?

Visualize and Meditate
-25% End Goal
-75% The action I will take this day and this week

Silence and Shower
-Freezing Cold (I disconnected the hot water so I have no choice)

Writing
-Goals for life and next 100 days
-5 things I am grateful for
-One paragraph review from my Steve Siebold book (takes one minute to read a new lesson everyday)

All that takes an hour so I am ready to work by 6/6:30

I then work till 9 and have breakfast at the bakery downstairs for 45 minutes. Work again till 1 and then hit the gym. Have been doing this consistently for four weeks now and killing it.

Very Tony Robbins style (cold shower, and affirmations) nice setup you have!

Perrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 20, 2016
Canada
Mine:
Get 7-8 hours of sleep
Wake up use headspace for 10 min of meditation
Exercise for 15 minutes ( could be treadmill, small trampoline.. i train at a gym aside from this 4 times a week)
Shower
Eat breakfast and listen to a podcast (can be Tai Lopez, lewis howes, tim ferris)
Read for 20-30 min
Start my day

ill usually read more throughout the day usually aiming for a book a week, two weeks maximum depending on size and projects i have lined up.

akbrouwer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, USA
Loved reading everyone's routines.

For those that say they can't wake up early enough. I found an awesome solution.

Pavlok habit breaker. This thing is awesome. It will vibrate, then beep, then shock you awake. You can't NOT wake up after using this thing.

So far I'm on week 2 of using it. Works like a charm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.