The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Power of Habits for Success

Anything related to matters of the mind

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
Today I had all sorts of reasons not to work towards my dream:

-Too tired
-No motivation
-Didn't believe in myself
-Didn't believe in my dream
-Depression
-Lethargic
-Defiance

But I still did work towards my goal because of 1 thing:

HABIT

It just felt right in my brain to do the work despite all the things happening with me because I had built up the habit of working on it the same time every day.

So if you really want to push past the limitations, just develop a routine to work on your project each day at the same time every day and it will be like brainwashing yourself into success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Habits are great and momentum in life is a force to be reckoned with.

-Too tired
-No motivation
-Depression
-Lethargic
-Defiance

^ But if these are ongoing issues, I would strongly suggest that you address them immediately.

Speaking from experience, if your ship has holes in it, it will eventually sink, no matter how "mentally tough" or determined you believe yourself to be.

Patch all the holes before you take on too much water. The bottom of the ocean is already full of shipwrecks.

Despite what most "mental health experts" believe, depression is usually not psychological in nature, and it has a lot more to do with the brain's energy metabolism and neuroinflammation.

Diet and exercise are the first things to consider when trying to fix your brain's physiology. I would recommend reading the book "Brain Energy" by Chris Palmer.

I'm really sorry that you're experiencing this.

Mindsetmary

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 10, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Today I had all sorts of reasons not to work towards my dream:

-Too tired
-No motivation
-Didn't believe in myself
-Didn't believe in my dream
-Depression
-Lethargic
-Defiance

But I still did work towards my goal because of 1 thing:

HABIT

It just felt right in my brain to do the work despite all the things happening with me because I had built up the habit of working on it the same time every day.

So if you really want to push past the limitations, just develop a routine to work on your project each day at the same time every day and it will be like brainwashing yourself into success.
Habits are super important! What I tell myself when I feel that way is that I don't negotiate with my emotions but I will befriend them to better understand them.

If those emotions are persistent and I'm feeling like that consistently then what @heavy_industry mentions is absolutely on point! I would personally also do some introspection and identify what's not working right now, where am I overinvested, what am I neglecting, etc. because those emotions often tend to be a symptom of an underlying problem that is just asking for some attention.

In terms of belief, what has worked with me is constantly surrounding myself with a group of people who are much further along the entrepreneurial journey than me and who believe in me even more than I believe in myself sometimes! We are so critical of ourselves and don't always see just how far we've come because as driven high-achievers, we are so hyper-focused on the horizon and consequently the gap.

While habits, rituals, mental toughness, and resiliency can help control emotions, I have personally found that self-awareness, self-reflection, self-acceptance, and self-compassion sets them free.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
Habits are great and momentum in life is a force to be reckoned with.

^ But if these are ongoing issues, I would strongly suggest that you address them immediately.

Speaking from experience, if your ship has holes in it, it will eventually sink, no matter how "mentally tough" or determined you believe yourself to be.

Patch all the holes before you take on too much water. The bottom of the ocean is already full of shipwrecks.

Despite what most "mental health experts" believe, depression is usually not psychological in nature, and it has a lot more to do with the brain's energy metabolism and neuroinflammation.

Diet and exercise are the first things to consider when trying to fix your brain's physiology. I would recommend reading the book "Brain Energy" by Chris Palmer.

I'm really sorry that you're experiencing this.

Thanks for this! I been looking for books on the mind and how to heal the problems in my mind, because you're right, I gotta patch the holes so the ship can continue to float. I'll check out that book this morning!

Habits are super important! What I tell myself when I feel that way is that I don't negotiate with my emotions but I will befriend them to better understand them.

If those emotions are persistent and I'm feeling like that consistently then what @heavy_industry mentions is absolutely on point! I would personally also do some introspection and identify what's not working right now, where am I overinvested, what am I neglecting, etc. because those emotions often tend to be a symptom of an underlying problem that is just asking for some attention.

In terms of belief, what has worked with me is constantly surrounding myself with a group of people who are much further along the entrepreneurial journey than me and who believe in me even more than I believe in myself sometimes! We are so critical of ourselves and don't always see just how far we've come because as driven high-achievers, we are so hyper-focused on the horizon and consequently the gap.

While habits, rituals, mental toughness, and resiliency can help control emotions, I have personally found that self-awareness, self-reflection, self-acceptance, and self-compassion sets them free.
Thank you!! Yeah the reason I'm on this forum is to surround myself with people who wish to or have achieved big things already. I like to read the successful people's post and get morale boosts during breaks from work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.