The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your job ? What do you do?

G

GuestUser8117

I'm thinking about working in a vineyard not so far from my house. It would be cool to know about the wine business, as I'm passionate about wine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
'happily unemployed' working on launching an ecom store selling a new and high in demand product.

before that Worked for a major bank as a processor and junior underwriter (limited authority), had to quit due to shitty management and being forced to do things that just was against my moral beliefs. Made good money, started making hourly in the 20's, left at around 30/hour. Saved most of the money I made so that I could be prepared for a situation like this, probably won't try to find a job again until January :D. Was going to use that money to buy property, but that can wait. Ecomm and apps it is!

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Tactical communications would be reading your emails. Strategic communications would be getting a 4-star to give a speech about how not only would we never read your emails, but if we did, you'd surely like it!

Sadly, my corner of the world deals with much more mundane and boring stuff.

terse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 24, 2013
i work as a clinical pharmacist in a large hospital. the pay is great for only working 40 hours a week. i recently just picked up a 2nd job to make more money, but have realized i need to do something else to get out of the slowlane. it's definitely not a bad gig but it's definitely a slowlane path.

i'm still halfway through the book, but have learned a lot of interesting ideas and concepts. i also have a business/finance background so it'll help me in my future plans. i'm glad i found this forum that will help facilitate each others' fastlane journey.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
I'm a commercial insurance underwriter. Been at it for a little over a year- pretty good money, but most importantly I get to learn a ton about contracts and financials, plus we insure all types of businesses, so I have to learn about them (competitors, operations, risks they face, employees, etc.). Still trying to figure out my Fastlane idea and get that going, but I enjoy it (went to school for it so clearly I'm a financial nerd) and not too shabby of a lifestyle.

Always good to hear what other people are doing though!

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Recently quit but I worked for one of the big 4, started off in audit, moved into consulting.

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
@D11FYY good to see another Scot on here.

I am a warehouse manager at the moment yet I have a new member of staff adding to my team this coming week that will take the care of running the warehouse and I am to begin a more technical, office based job. I do not regret having taken a job at 16 and growing with the company because it has opened up the opportunity to grow my man management skills and a lot of other lessons that I will take with me onto my future ventures.

Unfortunately that takes away my best and most productive hours of the day and I am spending long nights and weekends working on my first start up.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
@D11FYY good to see another Scot on here.

I am a warehouse manager at the moment yet I have a new member of staff adding to my team this coming week that will take the care of running the warehouse and I am to begin a more technical, office based job. I do not regret having taken a job at 16 and growing with the company because it has opened up the opportunity to grow my man management skills and a lot of other lessons that I will take with me onto my future ventures.

Unfortunately that takes away my best and most productive hours of the day and I am spending long nights and weekends working on my first start up.
Definitely mate where is it your from?, i'm in Glasgow.
What age are you now that you've got that position your in?
Best of luck for the future mate!

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
Definitely mate where is it your from?, i'm in Glasgow.
What age are you now that you've got that position your in?
Best of luck for the future mate!

I'm from the South side of Aberdeen mate. I am 23 but the reason I am where I am in my work is because I've put the effort and hours in, nothing to do with age. A lesson from TMF I relate so well with is to exceed expectations. Not only customers but also work colleagues and superiors. Great practice for when you have your own company. Thanks for the kind words.

A message to all visiting this thread:
If you can't be a$$ed giving 100% to the company you are at just now, how are you going to be a$$ed putting in MORE effort into your own company after the initial motivation fades?

ArthurDayne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 22, 2014
Hong Kong
I live in Hong Kong and work in asset management, buying and selling stocks in a mutual fund. The hours are good, it's interesting, and it pays well. I've got to say I love my job, and the main thing is that I'm learning so much at it. I want to get as much as I can out of it for several years before maybe going independent in the industry, which requires quite a bit of experience.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Overnight stocking so I can work on my business in the day. The only job that made sense to strive for the fastlane and gives me a workout. I used to be in HelpDesk Support and Server Maintenance but 9-5 plus late night calls aren't good for getting a business started.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
For those of you who are still stuck in the slowlane, I'm a little curious about your occupation...What do you do if you don't mind sharing?
I'm an entertainer on a cruise ship,
Basicly working 10 months a year, 7 days a week(Yup weekends dont exist) and average of 10-12 hours a day.

Atm writing my first product, which is great quality, but kinda stuck on the very basics...
Where do I set up my online business,
Do I need to register the business
How does it work with taxes (I'm a person that isn't registered in any country.)
What name should I pick for the business (The name I wanted isn't registered, but the domain.com is taken)
Do i make my own website/webstore, or do I hire someone to do that,
Which bank do I use for the business

Etc.etc.etc.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
My family and I thank you both. I have the stent to prove it :)
Ahhh, man. That was your cardiologist, not us. So VERY glad that you're alive and kicking. :)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
Superb thread! Thanks to the OP for creating it.

I'm employed as application administrator in IT company. Our team is responsible that customer's call center works as designed (from the application side, of course). It used to be fun and challenging when I was actually a part of a development - creating routing strategies for voice, emails, faxes etc. was challenging, exhausting but highly interesting at the same time. Then I moved to another company where there's a different team to make any developments and we just maintain its running pieces. Although it's not fun anymore, it freed up my time, so that I can work on myself most of the time.

Mr3Thirty5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Feb 9, 2015
Employed as a payroll and accounting associate. Gained a lot of experience in the last 4 years being in this field, but definitely not my cup of tea. Until I figure out what my fastelane business will be, I'm educating myself with books and researching anything that catches my interest.

CrispySmurf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 21, 2013
South Carolina, USA
I currently work for a healthcare company. Specifically, I have done marketing, accounting, and consulting for assisted living facilities. I am currently looking into some involvement with web based companies, but have a lot to learn before investing

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
Full time student that get's bored with school all the time. Part time worker for the school.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Glorified tea boy

and when I am not making tea, I work in Business Development (online).
Left to do all my own projects in my own office but just so dam bored!

D

DeletedUser394

You are breaking the first rule.......

lmao. I actually was going to write the name of the thing, then deleted it precisely for that reason.

You can talk about Tyler Durden.. unless you're Edward Norton in which case you can't talk about Tyler Durden.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Had a few jobs:
Soda Jerk
Gas Station Attendant (back when we pumped your gas and checked your oil)
Lineman (but not for the county)
A few odds and ends - pretty sure the statute of limitations is up on all of 'em
Contract Pilot on Gvt. Contract (mostly taking pictures of stuff people didn't want photographed)
Electrical Contractor
Electrical Engineer
Middle Manager
CEO

And now:
President of consulting firm
Television Director (my show airs in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, coming to the UK, US, and Canada soon)
Entertainer (stage hypnotist)

Cheers,
O-2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads