The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your job ? What do you do?

Deocto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 12, 2015
Tulsa
I'm a union industrial radiographer in the oil field. It would be a great job if it had a little more regularity. But with it, like affiliate marketing, there is no control. Working now in WV.

It's a fantastic job to have that will enable me to transition to the fastlane. When it is on, the money is great with a significant portion coming tax free in the form of per diem.

Depending on the specific project, there is a lot of hours of either busting your a$$, or sitting on it. Either way, you get a ton of hours.

But what I REALLY do:

First and foremost I'm a real estate magnate. Current properties owned: 1 (which I live in.)

Secondly, I'm an accomplished author and secret blogger. Books published: 0 ( .5 written though, with worthless and/or priceless ideas for a dozen more. )

Third, I drop ship product packages with a suite of licensed merchandise and one patented product of my own to customers that remedies a common dilemma. Products sold (or patents filed for that matter ): 0.

But I'm the Captain. Check back in 10 years. A close variation of all that with much more stratospheric numbers attached will be in its place.

Last edited:

harryvent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 13, 2016
I am working in a small business company, my part is managing our client project, the track of employees activity and send this updates to our client's like how many hours employees worked on the particular project, project phases etc. Before we use the normal sheet to track all process and forward sheets to our client's but many issues will arise following this method. Next company installed Apptivo management software to reduce employees work burden.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CurlyRX

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 23, 2016
Los Angeles, California
1. Not by a long shot. I turned 33 in August.
2. I know exactly how you feel. I've learned so much in my 30s that I wish I had access to in my teens and 20s, but better late than never. :) At least we're doing something about our situation now.
You are never too Old read Col Sanders story, and I am a 47 year old, person who just started the journey to being a successful inventor a little over a year ago.Before, then I was thinking I would find my success in sales and worked for several companies.Peddling online, on phone, and door to door.I am presently working with Golden Corral, it took a couple years in the dish-room, but now I am advancing into training new hires in new stores that open., I get to travel more, and it is considered a salary position. Sometimes what seems to be slow lane is just getting off the sidewalk,and merging over to the on ramp to the highway=)

Thank you for the encouraging words! And congrats on your new position, how exciting! And I never knew of Col Sanders story, very inspiring, especially the drive he had in his elder years.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You are definitely not the oldest here; you young whippersnapper! :)

If the book doesn't make you feel like you could have made better choices in the 20s, you're either already an advanced fastlaner, or you're not reading it right!

Oh and you're in a really protected industry; I bet you could find some really good entrepreneurial opportunities within pharmacy.
Unfortunately, pharmacy might soon violate the commandment of entry as thousands of my cohorts are rushing to study it as an easier and more lucrative opportunity than medicine. :(

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Unfortunately, pharmacy might soon violate the commandment of entry as thousands of my cohorts are rushing to study it as an easier and more lucrative opportunity than medicine. :(

Studying is one thing... How easy is it to get accreditation? Plus of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't purchasing/export/import opportunities...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Studying is one thing... How easy is it to get accreditation? Plus of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't purchasing/export/import opportunities...
In the real world, many problems and issues often come rushing at us. Thankfully, the good thing is that the world is also full of solutions, many which we don't have to reinvent.

Accreditation is an entry barrier...but I would say it is just a stationary wall. You pay the required cash ( or get in debt for it), study your a$$ off (and miss lots of fastlane opportunities in the process) and the barrier's down. Besides pharmacy is still a JOB, time for money. A Fastlane business would have more dynamic barriers...sales front, copyright laws, business relationships, so on...

Somehow I don't see such a following in many pharmacy businesses for some reasons.

But it's one of the most lucrative, and we do need medicines. Nothing wrong about pharmacy. However, I would like to say that the selling of medicines as a SOLUTION via a SYSTEM would be more effectively executed via a Fastlane roadmap, let alone an entrepreneur.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I am a Sales-Man for AUDI-Volkswagen....
It is considering by many people "a very good job"... Yes I earn a good salary for a 25yr old man, but I am still work between 60 to 80 hours by weeks (94hrs last week....) so it is definitely slow lane.... And I will never be a Millionnaire with this job !!

I am inspiring FASTLANE in the next 2 years max....

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
You must be a smooth salesman if you can sell German cars in France ;)
Thanks !!

I know this legend yeah, I'm not really sure but I assume it's more difficult than to sell French cars.... :)

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Back on topic, I'm a retired ex coal miner, ex school bus driver, ex care home kitchen worker. I've proved the slowlane doesn't really work, and only leads to mediocrity. I was fortunate enough to have some of the right processes in my life to now live reasonably, but whilst I have the freedom of time and a very loving family we are not yet in a position of true financial freedom.

Last edited:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
For those of you who are still stuck in the slowlane, I'm a little curious about your occupation...What do you do if you don't mind sharing?

Sourcing & Supply Chain Operations for a global consumer packaged goods company.

Which is why I had one of those "slap my head...I could have had a V8" moments after reading TMFL & Unscripted . I have built a deep base of contacts, sources, and knowledge over the last 20 years and could have been developing my own products long ago.

AngryBird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 18, 2018
cincinnati,oh
I was a computer programmer but after a takeover of our auto club, I got stuck in the position of business analyst and I despise the job and my boss. Bad, bad, bad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.