The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your atitude towards politics?

Anything related to matters of the mind

decaobr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 25, 2013
Guys, i know politics are banned on this forum, but I not here to talk about republicans or democrats.

I get very upset, nervous and highly demotivated by the attitudes of the government here in Brazil ( i'm a brazilian be the way) , and this definitely put my moral down. Should i start to ignore politics completely? how do you guys handle this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I'm an opportunistic anarchist.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I only keep up with the stuff that affects my business ventures. FTC regulations, tax increases, etc. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I tend to avoid/ignore things I can not control.

I tend to avoid/ignore liars. That includes the entire political establishment and their media lapdogs.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
keep-calm-and-just-keep-smiling-6.png

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I don't care for "politics" but I am highly interested in geopolitics and the driving factor (economics) behind the decisions made.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I used to be addicted to politics (before I learned about business) and I pretty much learned that it is all a load of crap. The most worthwhile things I got from my interest in politics was a better understanding of economics, learning how to network better, a 'screw the system' mentality, and the knowledge that I have to protect my assets (once I get them) seriously.

Now I just write in whichever candidate I want regardless of whether they have a 'chance' as it keeps my conscious clear. Screw 'the lesser of two evils.'

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I totally ignore politics and all that crap noise that does not serve me for the better. I avoid news and politics as much as I can, and every other negative input. What politics is, it's just a liar's drama show to dumb down the people while keeping them "busy" in spectator mode.

Charles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 7, 2013
I totally ignore politics and all that crap noise that does not serve me for the better. I avoid news and politics as much as I can, and every other negative input. What politics is, it's just a liar's drama show to dumb down the people while keeping them "busy" in spectator mode.

I always view politicians and politics as salesman selling the same old dream and not fulfilling it. They are like the GURU slowlaners that MJ talks about in his book,' Do as I say not what I do'. Have you ever seen a poor politician? I try my best to think for myself, it can be hard when you get bombarded by the politicians and media on an hourly basis. Switch it off! They are just wasting your time......how dare they!!

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I used to be addicted to politics (before I learned about business) and I pretty much learned that it is all a load of crap.
I knew politics was a load of BS before I learned about business. Instinctual I guess..

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Should i start to ignore politics completely? how do you guys handle this?

I enjoy the head-spinning of thinking that my vote collectively matters. I've yet to get too apathetic and feel I can still bitch and moan about things as long as I contribute to the vote.

In a perfect democracy, the collective will of the people shall be the deciding factor... Now if we could at least have a lean towards honesty, integrity, and ethical/moral high-ground, it would work. However, the degradation of the very ethical fiber of political machinery and its value system is cause for concern.

Just understand that a democratic vote, when honored and worthy, can make change occur - at least catalyze the chance for change.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
It always bummed me out to be honest, espicially 3rd world politics, makes you feel like a victim, it makes you feel like you have no control over your life.

I don't know if it's advisable or even wise, but I'd say stay away from politics, for good. Don't discuss, think about, or watch anything related to politics. I admit at first I'd think it would make me stupid to not know what's going on in the political discussions, but I realized it was for the better. I'm calm, feel powerful even when my life isn't in it's ideal place, and feel motivated that I'm coming closer to my ideals. From what I've judged, politics takes these things away to some extent, you feel there's nothing in the world but chaos and your life is ruled by the regulations the government makes. Not the kind of lifestyle you want.

I think the Fastlane lifestyle isn't just about wealth, for me it's also about living in your own "dream world", living with carelessness for the drama and chaos people broadcast, I feel it's about freedom and carefreeness, that's the real reason I got into it. Politics tends to take that carefreeness away...

So I'd tell you not to care about the political stuff going on over there in Brazil since the politics there are similar to Pakistan's, very negative, soul stealing , and chaotic.

Stay carefree man. That's just my 2 cents on the topic...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.