The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We just had a major flood in Houston. What can I do?

ffp504

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 31, 2014
Hey Fastlaners!

Houston is flooding like crazy today. Im sure some of you have seen this on the news.

I have 2 heavy duty work trucks, a 30" & 14" trailer and two hard workers.

I am thinking about putting a ad on craigslist & running a few Facebooks ads to help people clear out there flooded furniture, flooring, fridges, etc. Charge a flat rate and leave them a itemized receipt to present to there insurance companies for reimbursement.

What do you guys think? Or what other service can I provide in a time like this?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Call up the local demo companies and tell them you have men and equipment available. They can walk you through the legal process of contracting with them.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Hey Fastlaners!

Houston is flooding like crazy today. Im sure some of you have seen this on the news.

I am thinking about putting a ad on craigslist & running a few Facebooks ads to help people clear out there flooded furniture, flooring, fridges, etc. Charge a flat rate and leave them a itemized receipt to present to there insurance companies for reimbursement.

What do you guys think? Or what other service can I provide in a time like this?

Thanks!

MOLD and even worse TOXIC MOLD, is going to be a MAJOR ISSUE. It is getting more awareness nowadays but still, bet most people are clueless still regarding it and the health hazards.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 27, 2015
Hey Fastlaners!

Thanks!

You help out a local in need for free, in exchange of telling this story in public, maybe get some media exposure. This will get you set up nicely for your business next time, because people love to hear a story, they don't want to be sold a service. Because flood might not happen often, but the reputation you will earn by doing this will help your business going when there isn't a flood.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
You could go somewhere it isn't flooded and get a load of those big industrial fans that people use to dry out wet floors. Bring a whole trailerload in and rent them out to people who don't have a ton of damage but just wet floors.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
You could go somewhere it isn't flooded and get a load of those big industrial fans that people use to dry out wet floors. Bring a whole trailerload in and rent them out to people who don't have a ton of damage but just wet floors.

exactly, get a LOAD of FANS, industrial heaters, anything that restoration companies would use or rent anyway....they will be in high demand

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Link in with temporary storage units and see if they need people to deliver items to store to save from flooding.

Link in with businesses that may be storing goods that could be damaged by flooding. See if they need things moved to another warehouse.

Bulk buy sandbags and sand and drive around neighborhoods that are close to flooding and see if you can offer sandbagging service.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
In this case, I would be volunteering to help rebuild my community, but that's just me.

Insurance companies are going to take care of people's personal belongings.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
In this case, I would be volunteering to help rebuild my community, but that's just me.

Insurance companies are going to take care of people's personal belongings.

you'd be surprised at how many people are going to get F'd with wet, moldy items, house, etc without being ripped up properly to the studs, etc

let alone apartment dwellers who might have NO INSURANCE.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.