The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Secret

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
One thing that really Pisses me Off is every time someone mentions the Secret or the Law of Attraction on this forum, they get run out of town. All of MJ's fanboys mis-interpret what he was saying in his book and get all militant about "take action!"

The Law of Attraction, isn't about not taking action. That's a fabrication that you guys have invented to make yourself feel superior.

The Law of Attraction is about having a compelling reason for taking action.

Every successful person has a feeling, desire, goal that they are driven to achieve. MJ had his Lambo that inspired him, Steve Jobs was obsessed with making beautiful functional computers and so on.

They took action, but first they had a powerful vision.

A challenge to all you "take action" drum bangers. Get in your car, have no idea where you want to go. Point it onto the street, and hammer the gas pedal to the floor and just keep driving until you run out of gas or crash into something.

The Law of Attraction is simply programming your inner GPS before you start your entrepreneurial journey. You won't be successful unless you do it, even if you take action until you drop dead, you'll just be going around in circles.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have never spent too much time looking into the Law of Attraction (too busy...)

but I am a huge fan of Karma when I see people getting what they deserve in life (good OR bad).

I've seen complete assholes win, and the nicest people in the world lose... so it doesn't always work but it is nice when good people win, and bad people lose.

Simple rules.

1. Do the right thing when ever possible
2. Be kind when ever possible
3. Work your a$$ off

And I think success will find you.

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
The Law of Attraction, isn't about not taking action. That's a fabrication that you guys have invented to make yourself feel superior.

Money - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? - Episode 1 of 3 (Full Documentary) - YouTube
^This is where that "fabrication" comes from. And while I can't speak for everyone, I certainly don't feel "superior" to anyone.

Not trying to start an argument, you're definitely right about all successful people having obsessions and traits similar to the LOA. But just thinking like Steve Jobs isn't enough, you have to have his work ethic too. And that's where a lot of this controversy seems to arise. Could be wrong, just giving my $0.02.

To continue with your driving analogy, how about using voice commands with your GPS while you're driving? Okay scratch that, maybe the extension of the analogy doesn't work here.

nico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 17, 2011
The Law of Attraction is about having a compelling reason for taking action.

That is the correct way to use the Law of Attraction - ie. as applied psychology.

But believe me, there are MANY followers of The Secret and similar works that do NOT share your view. I've met some of them. The books/movies are deliberately open for interpretation on this point - because the other interpretation appeals to magical thinking, and selling magic is extremely lucrative.

I would think most people here largely agree with your non-magical interpretation of the LoA. That's sadly not the interpretation most people assign to the term though.

S

stranger

Probably, the Law of Attraction was written by Santa Claus. Ho Ho Ho.
As for me LOA and really life is very different things. I'd like to be wrong, but.....

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
I'm pretty new here (a couple of weeks)...I've watched The Secret and over the years tuned in to several LOA teachers...

The Secret was a little too Airy Fairy for me - If I could sit in a chair and pretend I'm driving a new car and one would show up - I'd have several right now. But I think there is something to sowing and reaping - rather it be real seed that goes in the ground or thoughts and words of what I intend to see or create.

Here is my recent experience of how I found this forum. (All of these events took place in the last 30 days).

1) I had been stating for about 6 months that all of the books I had been reading on wealth just didn't feel right and there had to be more. At my age - I would never get there...But I kept reading.

2) My brother (who lives in Manhattan) had been promising me for the same 6 month period that he was going to connect me to someone he knew who was a millionaire and very successful in internet marketing. (I have a website that is connected to the Atlanta Airport and it makes me bill paying money monthly and I wanted to know how to grow it).

3) After 6 months - he finally made the connection. The man gave me almost an hour of his time and really taught me things I did not know before about conversion, scaling up and out and more. Pretty basic stuff for those who do this for a living, but I am self-taught and his advice was invaluable to me. The suggestions he gave me are already paying off.

4) Before he hung up he said "I think you should get these two books - The Millionaire Fastlane and Now Know Your Strengths. What was interesting about his book suggestion - I didn't ask what he was reading and we didn't mention wealth building at all - or my interest in learning more about it.

5) I bought the books immediately and while I haven't finished Now Know Your Strengths yet - The MFL has definitely changed my "set" mind.

6) MFL led me to this community which I have been spending days just sopping up all of the wisdom which is giving me exactly what I asked for 6 months earlier. Every time I come here I learn something that is shifting me internally and keeping a fire lit that is propelling me out of bed in the morning.

Now I'm taking action - huge action on everything I'm learning. I'm writing books for Kindle and the self-publishing threads have been like gold to me.

Law of Attraction - I don't know...but I was determined to get more and I'm still "getting". :)

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
One thing that really Pisses me Off is every time someone mentions the Secret or the Law of Attraction on this forum, they get run out of town. All of MJ's fanboys mis-interpret what he was saying in his book and get all militant about "take action!"

Don't think people are bashing the law of attraction just the movie the secret

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Don't think people are bashing the law of attraction just the movie the secret

I agree, that The Secret was pablum, it was a "sell people what they want to hear" marketing gimmick.

What got me riled up was the whole "take action" thing, as if the LoA and taking action are somehow mutually exclusive.

People who are exploring The Secret and LoA are not all lazy, some of them sincerely need to learn how to have a positive mindset before their action will ever be effective. This was me.

Despite all it's faults, the Secret, and especially the LoA in general, has helped many many people make positive changes in their lives. Maybe it's just a tiny baby step on the journey to being wealthy and happy, but for many it is a necessary step.

G

GuestUser8117

If you notice there is the word action in it. Attr---action. Which translates to if you take action you will attract success.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
If you notice there is the word action in it. Attr---action.

Uh, ya, but if you look at the front side of the word: Attract--ion ... it is a passive word. It comes from realizing that our power needs to be aligned before action will be fruitful.

We are human BEings, not human DOings.

Doing and taking action makes you feel in control, it gives you hope, but it is not any guarantee of success.

There needs to be balance.

If you want to "get" an amazing woman, say someone who is very beautiful. If you don't understand how to "attract" you'll never really have her. You can get her attention with action, but if you want her to fall for you, you must learn to attract.

Same goes for money.

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
Sorry that I've posted this previously in a similar thread, but I always feel compelled to post this whenever this topic comes up:

"The secret behind “The Secret†is that you can make your entire livelihood teaching losers about the Law of Attraction, which in it’s most basic form states: You attract what you think about into your life."

The Secret Behind “The Secret†» The AntiGuru

Last edited:

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
shameful

Could not have hoped to put it any better than this.
You are such a prolific teacher that it is almost shameful; why? you don't even look the part, never have thought it so.
Thanks for being on my side and for us.

I go even less than that...

Success is a recipe and in that recipe the LOA is the sugar. It's sweet. It's tasty and fun to talk about. It's easy on mind and it sounds great. Meanwhile, people forget the flour in the success recipe; the shit that is bland, boring, and binds everything together. The flour is the action. The hard work. The discipline. The cancelled cable TV subscription. The cob webs on the XBOX. Without the flour, the sugar is worthless except in that it will give you a temporary rush of excitement ... "I'm gonna be rich cuz I'm so positive!" which is exactly why action-fakers love it so much.

Lexauton

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 9, 2013
Minnesota
I'm going to weigh in heavily here, as I bought into (and later studied) these falsehoods for a good 2-3 years.

Thinking positively, having gratitude, repeating affirmations, visualizing your "dreams", and reviewing your goals are all effective methods...to marginal results.

As others have stated, the mysticism and lackadaisical mentality that followers of the LoA have is for the most part, unproductive.

I've watched the secret, listened to Napoleon Hill, Joe Vitale, Jack Cannfield, Bob Proctor, and many other gurus.

They're amazing at what they do-- sell people entropic bursts of motivation. I think that some of those authors actually have some books on marketing and advertising things of that nature, yes? But all of their "Law of Attraction" material will only get one so far on the path to financial freedom.

Using words like "manifestation" and loose examples of goals achieved they paint pretty pictures in the minds of their following, selling out seminars and the like.

If you want to ascertain more money, freedom, and joy, use their techniques as little augmentations-- definitely not as foundations. peripheral leverage at best.

What does work are physical, practical things.

-Write down your most effective tasks.
-Cultivate a skill that permits you to harness vast sums of value.
-Study needs, solve them for profit.

There are rudimentary ACTIONS that will net you more than the Law of Attraction ever will. lay one brick at a time, don't just visualize it..Lest your eventual wall remain only in the confines of your mental screen.

/rant.

P.S. If anyone has successfully used predominantly visualization, positivity, and gratitude to manifest phenomenal results, feel free to prove me wrong, I've an open mind.

Courtney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Aug 1, 2013
I agree with what the majority of people are saying. The LOA and wishful thinking will never manifest success in your life if used alone. Taking action is a requirement. The reason that I believe the LOA can still be beneficial is because of the clarity and focus that it provides.

When you spend time thinking about your goals and getting so clear on them that they are real, your focus and ability to spot opportunities increases. For instance, when you are shopping for a new car, you start seeing that car all over town. It's not that all of a sudden everyone has your car - they've always been there. It's just that the car is now in the forefront of your mind and you are receptive to it in your environment.

I think the same is true with the LOA. Say you really want to be in the Fastlane so you spend 20 minutes daily thinking about how to solve problems and create meaningful businesses. You imagine yourself successfully creating a Fastlane business and getting filthy rich doing it. Now in the real world, you may be more in tune with opportunities and needs in the marketplace. It re-frames your everyday life. Where before you might have been annoyed at the store clerk complaining about her POS system, now you see it as a need in the marketplace to take advantage of.

Stephen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2013
You are right on the money and most of the responses I have read are on point too. I have watched the Secret many times and I am a huge fan. Do I think everything will fall into my lap just because I think of it? Hell no. But I will tell you this. More things have happened for my benefit since watching that and reading the book than I can even count. I was always a HUGE pessimist and after watching the Secret, it made me think of how ungrateful I seemed about everything. Just this alone is huge. Do you really think that whatever higher power you believe in (if you do) is going to keep bringing you nice things when you just complain all day? Doubtful. One of the most common traits of millionaires is that they appreciate the smallest things, and that is why they attract even better things into their lives. I know that even from a business perspective, I would rather work with someone who has a positive attitude than a negative one.

Anyways, when I first watched this, I was extremely sick. I had a horrible fever, night sweats, trouble sleeping, crazy migraines, upset stomach, coughing up blood, and I lost over 20 pounds in 2 weeks. I had every medical test done that you can think of, from blood, urine, and saliva tests to chest x-rays. After seeing a bunch of different doctors over the span of a month and watching as my parents spent thousands out of pocket because I did not have health insurance, I began to lose hope quickly and was sure I would die within another week or two. That is when my friend recommended the Secret to me. I read the book and watched the movie immediately and began focusing on becoming healthy. I focused on my life completely recovering and then meeting the woman of my dreams. Within a couple days, my mom found out about an acupuncture doctor. I thought this was the craziest thing ever, but I said "why not?" So I started doing regular acupuncture and shots of B12 to my legs about 3 times a week. Then I started receiving shock acupuncture and I was prescribed some Chinese herbs to take multiple times per day. Not only did I make a full recovery, but as I began to get healthy, I met the exact type of girl I had wanted in my life and I have been with her ever since (a little over 4 years). I could be crazy, but I think it was because my focus shifted and things started to align for me. Like you and everyone else said though, you are still responsible at the end of the day and if you do not make moves, nothing will happen.

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
I watched "The Secret" last year and found it inspiring not because of some magic formula for attracting wealth, health, love, etc., but for the basic reminder about the power of positive thinking. I do believe we are the results of who we believe we are, however unlike "The Secret" that stops with the positive thoughts and visualization, the next step is to take action and in MJ's experience, action that impacts many people, fills a need, provides value, and has the ability to scale. That's where most self-help movies, broadcasts and seminars stop.

Our local entrepreneur mastermind group had a guest "guru" success coach present yesterday. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with getting pumped up and excited about your life, opportunities, etc., but that's not enough. The action has to follow. Many of these success coach gurus are simply selling their latest book, latest DVD, latest seminar and many people think that just by showing up and consuming the content is enough. The action has to follow. What I found funny is that the guest guru integrated many commercials about his upcoming seminar throughout his presentation, collected business cards (aka collected emails for his expanding database) and then finished with a 10-minute hard sell to his upcoming seminar complete with a "special" discount code for our group.

I believe in coaches and mentors (two separate roles), however I don't believe in auditorium success coach broadcasting. It's too generic and I don't understand why the person who purchased the "platinum package" who is sitting in the first 20 rows will have better chance of success than the "gold package" participant who only gains general admission.

In the end, most gurus make money off of selling their coaching products. I would rather learn from and/or follow a successful Fastlane entrepreneur who has accomplished what I would like to accomplish and learn from his/her experience. Not a generic "think positive" guru.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What got me riled up was the whole "take action" thing, as if the LoA and taking action are somehow mutually exclusive.

I don't think any of us are thinking that regarding you, especially for someone as intelligent as you, someone who sees the "big picture" and knows that it takes more than just a positive mindset to produce results.

Unfortunately, for many of the LOA "fan boys" aren't like you. The action part of the formula appears to me, to be subordinated. This is and that's why it has mass market appeal because the focus is about simple thinking (easy) from difficult doing (hard.)

Marketing simplicity and events is the greatest Fastlane there is.

Want to lose weight? Eat this pill. Take this drug. Drink this supplement. Snap on this spandex corset girdle that squishes your fat 4 inches.

Want to get rich? Think positive.

In my mind, it's a cheap Jedi mind trick ... like asking someone "How do I build a house?" and getting a box of nails for an answer.

People who are exploring The Secret and LoA are not all lazy, some of them sincerely need to learn how to have a positive mindset before their action will ever be effective. This was me.

It's safe to say that most of us agree with your take, a no one here is discounting your results. I can tell you emphatically, NO ONE around here thinks you are lazy.

However, I'm curious... when you become a billionaire trading and someone asks, "Hey Jon, what was the key for your success?" -- will it really be "The Law of Attraction?" -- or the 20,000 hours of the difficult study you put forth? The study that no one else was willing to undertake? While the LOA probably was underneath, keeping you motivated and driven, ultimately you have to pay your dues. While the mindset is critical, it is a mere part of a multivariate equation. IMO, our harping is on those individuals (not like yourself) who don't see the latter 20,000 hours of study as part of the process.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
However, I'm curious... when you become a billionaire trading and someone asks, "Hey Jon, what was the key for your success?" -- will it really be "The Law of Attraction?" -- or the 20,000 hours of the difficult study you put forth? The study that no one else was willing to undertake? While the LOA probably was underneath, keeping you motivated and driven, ultimately you have to pay your dues. While the mindset is critical, it is a mere part of a multivariate equation. IMO, our harping is on those individuals (not like yourself) who don't see the latter 20,000 hours of study as part of the process.

Ha, well I have to confess, I'm playing devils advocate a little bit here. I know that it takes the 20,000 hours to get to success, but I also did, with my first run at the fastlane with affiliate marketing, spend A LOT of hours of action taking, without really knowing where I was going, and it was a lot of wasted effort.

I'm just trying to pass on a little bit of hard earned wisdom, that taking time to clarify where you are going, and really feeling all the nuances of what that will look at, can make a BIG difference in how the journey goes.

I did the hours before, and what I was missing was exactly what the LoA has taught me. 100% agree that without the action, you'll get squat, this was never my argument. But what people fail to realize, and what I proved, is without a compelling vision or feeling (I'm not talking about a plan) and a belief in yourself, you won't get anywhere worthwhile either.

For me, I have been happier and much more effective in all areas of my life since I have being studying LoA. The Secret is pure crap, I couldn't even watch it, but guys like Napoleon Hill and Joseph Murphy and others have provided me with an understanding of how life and my own subconscious mind work that has given me huge value in all areas of my life.

If I had to boil down what the LoA means to me: take 100% responsibility for everything circumstance that currently exists in my life. If there is something that I'd like to change (ie, size of my bank account), what am I think and doing now, that I need to change to achieve the new result?

I didn't create the circumstances that I'm unhappy with just by not taking action, I took improper action first because of what I think and feel about myself. First I need to change those thoughts and feelings (as I believe that is what happened with you when you met the Lambo owner), then that sets a new direction for the actions.

Baring a Lambo experience, which I've never had, I use the LoA to consciously create a powerful image and change the directions of my mental patterning, before I take action. It is a constant process of refining, to make my actions more fruitful.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
You are hungry. You decide you want Chinese because it sounds good. So you get Chinese.

Next day you think pasta would be good. So you get Italian.

next day you are stuck on a plane, thinking some roast beef would be good. Unfortunately you can't do anything about it so you sit there hungry.

I think that kind of sums it up.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I admit it. I secretly admire "The Secret".

Mostly because its an awesome fasltane success story. Somebody took something already existing and did their own spin on it. The power of belief and imagery were already well known and is just common sense.

Obviously if you cant see yourself being successful and believe it then you won't take the steps or actions to achieve that goal.

Producers know that consumers like easiness, they love not working and they can leverage it with fragmentary psychology that is true but is still missing a special variable; plain old hard work and struggle.

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
For me, I have been happier and much more effective in all areas of my life since I have being studying LoA. The Secret is pure crap, I couldn't even watch it, but guys like Napoleon Hill and Joseph Murphy and others have provided me with an understanding of how life and my own subconscious mind work that has given me huge value in all areas of my life.

The often overlooked antecedent to 99% of the PMA/LoA/etc is Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics. I wish I read it 20 years ago.

I think all of the pillars if this body of work (Napoleon Hill, Joseph Murphy, Wallace D Wattles, Maltz) basically point in the same direction: conditioning ones subconscious to cultivate absolute focus and tenacity from the inside out to do the work and stay on track. That's it.

The pale reflections of these: Joe Vitale, Wayne Dyer, et al are a gaggle of hacks peddling "feel good" soma.

All IMHO of course.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I'll be one of the first and few to say I'm a huge fan of the LOA. But like others have said it needs to be expanded on, I agree.

The Law of Attraction works in as it's written and explained by Napoleon Hill, however, the name "law of attraction" is nothing more than a catchy and marketable way to say "goals"

- If you think Napoleon Hill talks about imagining what you want and stopping at that point and it will appear, you obviously have not read enough by him or other authors expanding on the ideal and are simply regurgitating what you've read on boards and forums by other people that haven't read any further....it's an endless cycle.

- The Secret, on the other hand is nothing by the first part of the law of attraction (the sparkly attractive part) repackaged as a full recipe for success. I think MJ said it best and I'll include his quote at the end of this post. It basically takes what excites action-fakers, then marketed as a quick fix for wealth, which in turn made the author have unbelievable success but not anyone who only read that book.

(by the way, if you've seen the book and how thin it is, you'd be able to deduct that it's just a piece of the puzzle)

By my understanding the LOA (more Hill than Secret) basically says you will never achieve anything you want without first imagining it, repeating it to yourself (making it believable), and then figuring out how to get there. Another way to say this is to say that a ships captain starts a voyage and for 99% of the trip is unable to see the port of call. However, he knows it's there, he knows what it looks like, and he knows what he has to do to get to the port.

If you don't have a point B then you don't even need to leave point A because you'll go in circles, every time. The LOA says you need to be able to imagine and make point B very real and believable in your mind before and during your trip. This is necessary because for us of the fast-lane mindset point B is often a place you were never told you could achieve as a child and somewhere you never really imagined you could reach just something you dreamed about.

On the flip side, if you say LOA is a crock (assuming you also don't set goals, which I believe is one in the same) and you start your "fast-lane journey" then you're on a very fast road to no where.

Even taking the TMF into account throughout the book MJ details how to plan your course of action methodically after having set a goal (or what you want to "attract") his was a Ferrari when he saw when he was 10. He goes onto explain the ups and downs of his journey and method to achieve his goal. Which I find much more helpful than Think and Grow Rich in the real world but essentially it's the same idea just explained in terms than a 10th grader would understand with real world examples.

Stop defining the Law of Attraction by dreamers that never get off their a$$ and define it instead by the goals that millionaires set before they started their journey.

I go even less than that...

Success is a recipe and in that recipe the LOA is the sugar. It's sweet. It's tasty and fun to talk about. It's easy on mind and it sounds great. Meanwhile, people forget the flour in the success recipe; the shit that is bland, boring, and binds everything together. The flour is the action. The hard work. The discipline. The cancelled cable TV subscription. The cob webs on the XBOX. Without the flour, the sugar is worthless except in that it will give you a temporary rush of excitement ... "I'm gonna be rich cuz I'm so positive!" which is exactly why action-fakers love it so much.

Very F*cking True, I'd give you more speed but I'm afraid you might exceed the speed of light.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Hi all ....I am new to this wonderful community and honoured to be here. As free thinking individuals we do not allow any movie or carefully redigested doctrine to enter our vibrant minds. The original released works on this subject are freely available on the net as mentioned by others here. Napoleon Hill and Wallace D Wattles among others have wonderful and inspiring theory on this subject. On close inspection and reflection and as a non typical faslaner rookie of 46 years I conclude the following. The LOA is a valuable structure tool to use in our daily life and we now know how central a role our minds play with everything; around us on this planet and in the universe Experience tells us time and time again without fail that we must put the work in. This is our insurance policy.;:tiphat:

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
It takes action to make anything happen however I think The Secret was packaged for people who don't think any further than the words they see. The LOA always works and anyone who has had some success has used it in some form by visualizing their goal before they began their venture. I think the LOA is just plain common sense. Positivity fuels action.

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
[video=youtube;WbS9jZOlQjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc[/video]

Shack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 26, 2013
Indeed the best explanation.
Set your goals and start working. These documentaries are good for motivation, but in the end everything comes down to "what did I accomplish today to get me closer to my goal?". "I watched The Secret" will not help.

The Law of Attraction is kinda like believing in Santa Clause. We all believed it because it was fun, mysterious and magic like.

Success comes down to good old fashioned ball busting hard work and brain cell burning critical thinking. There I just told you the "Secret" to success. Work hard and think. Two things 95% of people simply refuse to do because they love the easy way, they love the simple way, they don't wanna solve complex problems or bend over backwards, they don't want struggle. This is why "The Secret" sells books because it sells easiness, it sells events, it sells simplicity.

I have yet to meet one successful entrepreneur who gave credit to "the secret" as the cause of his success. If Da Vinci and Einstein really used the law of attraction you can bet they would have written about it, not kept it "a secret". These guys were scientist they seeked the truth.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I must be an oddball when it comes to the secret, tested it because my mom and one of my sisters were into it. That made me also interested, instead of purely wanting money and cars and stuff I had other desires.
Sure I also wanted money, but for buying a pirate ship most of all. One of the strongest desires i had was... prepare for it... Necromancy. I desires it both to troll people and for practical reasons.

Imagine me walking near a funeral, they are all mourning the death of a loved one. All of a sudden they hear scratchingsounds from the coffin. The deceased one bursts out of the coffin, looking around with a half-awake expression. then it shambles off to my side, suddenly the mourners are aware of me. I walk away and now have someone to take care of my dirty underwear... great success.

I wanted zombies to take care of my lawn, do the dishes, cut the grass and other menial tasks that they could manage to do. I never really believed in it fully, I wanted to believe in it but was discouraged as they always left something ''important'' out of the equation. I later gave up on the secret, since it felt like a quick and easy fix.

Edit: For those that get the thought, no i didn't want to become a necromancer to have sex with corpses. I just feel it would be awesome, having several large zombies help me push carts n stuff when I would be out shopping.

What the F*ck did I just read? This is a business forum. Sick F*ck.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I must be an oddball when it comes to the secret, tested it because my mom and one of my sisters were into it. That made me also interested, instead of purely wanting money and cars and stuff I had other desires.
Sure I also wanted money, but for buying a pirate ship most of all. One of the strongest desires i had was... prepare for it... Necromancy. I desires it both to troll people and for practical reasons.

Imagine me walking near a funeral, they are all mourning the death of a loved one. All of a sudden they hear scratchingsounds from the coffin. The deceased one bursts out of the coffin, looking around with a half-awake expression. then it shambles off to my side, suddenly the mourners are aware of me. I walk away and now have someone to take care of my dirty underwear... great success.

I wanted zombies to take care of my lawn, do the dishes, cut the grass and other menial tasks that they could manage to do. I never really believed in it fully, I wanted to believe in it but was discouraged as they always left something ''important'' out of the equation. I later gave up on the secret, since it felt like a quick and easy fix.

Edit: For those that get the thought, no i didn't want to become a necromancer to have sex with corpses. I just feel it would be awesome, having several large zombies help me push carts n stuff when I would be out shopping.

speed---

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.