The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pain Point: Millionaire Fastlane

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
Millionaire Fastlane is an amazing read and great road map for exponential wealth development.

When I read something that I enjoy or find adds value to my life, I often share it, talk about it and try to get others to read it. Reading is leading, and I've spent the last 22 years serving in the Air Force (retired in Oct 21). I read to improve my mind, decision-making and leadership abilities. This book has true value, but there's a barrier that prevents some from gaining it. I believe it is a barrier that can be addressed.

When I talk to people about this particular book, most immediately give me that dubious stare that indicates they believe I'm getting duped and I'm trying to bring them down with me. Now, it could be their perception of who I am and what I fall victim to. Or it could be the book's title.

As DeMarco said in the Great Rat Race Escape , the title of his first book is a turn off for some people. He's heard the feedback, which meets the 3 strikes rule, but he feels strongly that this title is tied to the core message of the material and can't be changed.

Pain Point: "The Millionaire Fastlane " title turns off prospective readers. In my experience, this is the result of its implicit association with "get rich quick" schemes.

If DeMarco can't change the title, why not try and add something to the cover that clarifies the message. There is a subtitle: "Crack the code to wealth and live rich for a lifetime." This is ok. When I read it, I assumed that this book would focus on Internet ventures, which turns out to be how DeMarco became wealthy. But IT doesn't appeal to all readers, and it doesn't break away from the scripted "getting rich will never happen and anyone who says I can be is lying" response.

What does appeal to all readers is improved quality of life and knowing that their investments (time, effort, money) is rewarded in a meaningful way.

When I took note of the quick judgmental responses that I received just for mentioning this title to coworkers and family, I started adding my own explanation to tackle them preemptively: "It's not 'get rich quick,' it's Get Rich Hard. It's based on stoic philosophies (in my mind, anyway) that focus on decision-making processes, adding value to the life experience of others and giving of yourself."

Proposed Solution: What about a badge or seal from a third party that offered: "It's not get rich quick. It's get rich hard. Lose the script and live rich young!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
But it IS get rich quick.

What it is not is get rich easy.
Fair point. So how do you separate it from the "get rich quick" scam genre in an effective way?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Proposed Solution: What about a badge or seal from a third party that offered: "It's not get rich quick. It's get rich hard. Lose the script and live rich young!"

But it is "get rich quick" which is why it's called a "Fastlane" ... the confusion comes with people thinking "get rich quick" equates to "get rich easy".

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
I used to read Millionaire Fastlane in high school and my best friend at the time would always tease me about reading get rich quick books. lol
Perhaps the ridicule and judgment we receive on our journey is part of the cost of entry. Hopefully your friend's doubt has been silenced by your "do." I'm just starting, but these books have awakened what was always an entrepreneur's dream in me. I settled for a scripted life for too long, but it's never too late to learn.

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
But it is "get rich quick" which is why it's called a "Fastlane" ... the confusion comes with people thinking "get rich quick" equates to "get rich easy".
Thanks for the response. I appreciate your story and effort to educate others. I look forward to continuing on this entrepreneur path with the insights you've provided. Nearly done with The Great Rat Race Escape . My wife and I are working on our first prototype and excited for the process ahead.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I kinda agree. It's a turnoff for most normies who don't dig that extra layer deeper. Similar to how 'Bitcoin' is a turnoff to most.
This is either good, so that readers are pre-selected to be more introspective. Or bad, if the message is meant to touch the average reader.

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
I kinda agree. It's a turnoff for most normies who don't dig that extra layer deeper. Similar to how 'Bitcoin' is a turnoff to most.
This is either good, so that readers are pre-selected to be more introspective. Or bad, if the message is meant to touch the average reader.
Definitely a bit of "judge a book by it's cover." At least it's not lime green and yellow. I'm glad I picked it up after a colleague recommended it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.