The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accountability Thread: From changing habits to the joy of creating value

Anything related to matters of the mind

firefly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 1, 2024
Hello everyone,

today I am starting my accountability thread.
My intro was two months ago: INTRO - From bank savings lane, to slowlane to fastlane attitude
, but a lot has happened in that time.

I read Noah's book, went traveling with my girlfriend and changed my job.
If I want to work on something to create value, I need the will, energy and time to do it. With the new employer, there is less greed and its negative consequences, so I can get my work done more quickly and still have energy left at the end of the day!

I have also used this energy to produce.
I created my first online course and got 7 buyers in two weeks.
Is this a million dollar business on its own? No, probably not. But I am happy, because I've started.
For the first time, thanks to newly created value, I have found buyers alongside 9 to 5 jobs.

Commandment of Control is violated, Commandment of Entry possibly too.
But Need, Time and Scale are given.
But I wanted to start something on the side that had value and see if I could keep it up until the first release.
Books on habits were very helpful. I created a table with negative and positive habits. The idea is to reduce the left-hand side with the bad habits to a temporal minimum.

I have even read a few self-hypnosis books. This is a wonderful way to dissolve negative thoughts, even if they are justified: You get the energy to actively work on problems and worries (your own and others) to resolve them.

When I changed jobs, I also had days off to look at what was important to me and what wasn't!
In doing so, I realized how dangerous the Slowlane is. It promises you that you don't have to do anything anymore because you have enough. But this actually demotivates you over time, as you train yourself into bad habits.
So I know that I want to generate value because it keeps me fit. As things stand at the moment, I don't want to retire later in life, I want to continue working with value. I see the stock market more as an opportunity to park a value that has already been achieved, but If I rely on it solely as a brake on my own further development.
For me, the daily journey (not someday) has become more important than any redemption through retirement.

@noahkagan , @Andy Black and @MJ DeMarco place great emphasis on Now, not How.

What I've also done is simply talk to people on the bus and ask them what's missing in their lives to get business ideas. What they all have in common is: vacation. And you need time and money for that. I think they are just looking for the feeling of vacation and not the original.

The real vacation just steers them into recovery and I think they can have the good feelings of relaxation beforehand and then use those to work on achieving the real vacation.

I'm currently working on a guide as a product to capture the feeling of vacation.
To keep the ball rolling, I'm currently writing a diary about this journey.

The idea is to use it alongside this accountability thread to reflect and healthily sort out thoughts and thus keep at it. Basically, I pour my overthinking into the book, stimulate creativity and my own commitment and then have free thoughts to move forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DeadPanda

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 6, 2024
@firefly, the start of your journey sounds very inspiring! I also love that you started doing something concrete with the online courses and that you are not afraid of asking people you don't know to get a sense of what people need. I'm going to try the point you made about self-hypnosis to see the results for myself. :)

When possible, I would like to hop on a call with you. I'm currently also starting my Fastlane journey. So far, the online shop that I created is doing okay, but I would love to have someone to talk to who is at the same stage as me and also motivated.

Regardless, best of luck and success to you, my friend!

natavjp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
May 19, 2024
This is very interesting... I teach meditation and after my classes people tell me how relaxed and rested they feel. They always say they need more of that in their lives, because on their own they would never do it. It blows my mind! If you know you need a break and all you have to do is find a quiet, comfy place and JUST SIT down, allowing yourself to relax, why not do that more often?

I figure it is because sitting down to meditate at home feels like we are being idle, doing nothing... But going to a class actually sounds like we are making an effort, taking steps towards our well-being. And furthermore, getting into a meditation class has much lesser value than a boot camp or a cardio class, because again, we feel like working towards a better body feels more productive and simluteniously yielding better results.

But to generate new ideas, we need to be connected to creativity and to have creativity we must have a space to wonder, day dream, realx ( that's why we often get a solutions to a problem in a shower :))

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hello everyone,

today I am starting my accountability thread.
My intro was two months ago: INTRO - From bank savings lane, to slowlane to fastlane attitude
, but a lot has happened in that time.

I read Noah's book, went traveling with my girlfriend and changed my job.
If I want to work on something to create value, I need the will, energy and time to do it. With the new employer, there is less greed and its negative consequences, so I can get my work done more quickly and still have energy left at the end of the day!

I have also used this energy to produce.
I created my first online course and got 7 buyers in two weeks.
Is this a million dollar business on its own? No, probably not. But I am happy
You created a course and got 7 buyers in two weeks.
What makes you think you don't already have a million dollar business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.